• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

wuX615Z.png

Here.

PC or Xbox? i had this in the demo when I went 4K@200% res scale and 8xMSAA just to see what happened. What happened was textures missing because I guess it was using too much vram from my 1080ti.
Now if this is Xbox One then yeah, pretty bad glitch. Even on PC it shouldn't happen if you're well within your memory usage.

PC or Xbox? i had this in the demo when I went 4K@200% res scale and 8xMSAA just to see what happened. What happened was textures missing because I guess it was using too much vram from my 1080ti.
Now if this is Xbox One then yeah, pretty bad glitch. Even on PC it shouldn't happen if you're well within your memory usage.

PC. 4k, 100%, 4xMSAA.

Anyone have issues with the PC version recognizing you have a controller connected? I have a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth, but anytime I boot into the game it forces me to use a keyboard to do anything.

KRaZyAmmo

Anyone have issues with the PC version recognizing you have a controller connected? I have a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth, but anytime I boot into the game it forces me to use a keyboard to do anything.

When I played the demo I had my DS4 connected. I didn't have any issues (I was also using DS4Windows)

Spasm

Man, I'm already liking the progression a LOT more than 6. Nicely done, T10.

Also, anyone having problems getting PC version to full-screen? If I choose my monitor's resolution, I always get pillar-boxing (black bars on the left and right). The only way to get actual full-screen is to choose "Native Window Resolution"

Snubbers

Anyone else not had their game code from cdkeys for the ultimate edition yet?

Hopefully it will be available today, but a bit poor not getting it before release day so we can get the game preloaded.

The game has been running like a dream for me so far. 4K maxed, unlocked FPS, Gsync. No issues or bugs or anything really. Some very brief stuttering during the videos while loading. Hopefully they can sort that out.

And there's a couple things that don't make much sense to me. They go to the trouble to make this sleek presentation, but I hate the little spinning loading wheel right in the dead center of the screen while viewing vehicles and in other menus. Like... why put it right there?

Also, it's kind of disappointing that we can't turn cosmetic damage off, nor is there a way to "reset car" while taking photos that I know of.. which means if you happen to want to take a pic later in a race, you'll likely have damage and scrapes on your car with no way to remove them for the pic.

I'm loving what I'm playing so far though, and each car that I've tried has felt very different. All assists off. Can't wait to dig into this over the weekend.

GHG

Theres a huge running thread about it on the Fm.net forums. Seems like there's a few bugs that need to be fixed with wheels.

Nice job on the OT Faultier. Looks amazing.

GHG the tyres just switch automatically I'm afraid. I'll post my impressions shortly. But holy shit man this game sounds & looks amazing

Ah pooballs. Hopefully the option for them to not auto switch will come in a patch at some point. If not the endurance races and increasing the race lengths in career mode are pretty pointless for me. I'll pick this up at a later date if they ever decide to look into it and give the option.

So I take it you guys finished the endurance races in FM6.

The thought of doing so many laps consecutively...just no!

Endurance races are amazing if the conditions of the track are variable and there is some race strategy involved. I can understand why people get bored of endurances races with the way that Forza and GT do them however.

Am I am idiot? How do you change race length?

Go to the assists section at the bottom you can choose between three options.
If you guys don't mind, what are the three options you get for race length?

When I would run custom races in Forza 6 I always set it to 10-12 laps, which let me take it easy in the first lap and give the Drivatars some room to spread out a bit before going on the attack. Felt right, and allowed me to work my way ahead with smooth, clean racing most of the time.

And does extending the lap count play nice with the weather and time transitions?

Bydobob

The game has been running like a dream for me so far. 4K maxed, unlocked FPS, Gsync. No issues or bugs or anything really. Some very brief stuttering during the videos while loading. Hopefully they can sort that out.

I'm loving what I'm playing so far though, and each car that I've tried has felt very different. All assists off. Can't wait to dig into this over the weekend.

Just went and bought this off the back of reading your post. I do hope you're right! Found the demo pretty rough and the FFB appalling. Are you playing with controller per chance?

Also, it's kind of disappointing that we can't turn cosmetic damage off, nor is there a way to "reset car" while taking photos that I know of.. which means if you happen to want to take a pic later in a race, you'll likely have damage and scrapes on your car with no way to remove them for the pic.

In before anyone says 'git gud'.

Just went and bought this off the back of reading your post. I do hope you're right! Found the demo pretty rough and the FFB appalling. Are you playing with controller per chance?

In before anyone says 'git gud'.

Yea, playing with a controller for tonight. Too late to drag out the wheel and properly set everything up.

And yea lol.. but there's nothing to get good about when 20+ cars are all barreling into the first corner of a race. :)

Patrick S.

Banned
As a heads up, back when it launched I bought Forza Horizon 3 from the Singapore store, paying with Singapore gift cards. Last time I checked, the Forza 7 standard edition was around €44 on the Singapore store. Plus it unlocks earlier because of the timezone Singapore is in :)

Gowans

Holding fire on the ult edition as cuphead is out today and will keep me busy till the standard edition release.

Can’t wait!

squared

Is this some elaborate joke?? After the mess that was FH3 on PC, a year later, with hopefully a lot learned.. We get this?

Any time there's rain on the track, the game randomly slows down to 15 FPS for 4-5 seconds. Happens about every 20-30 seconds or so. The menus and videos? It's hot garbage.

Was this game playtested on PC at all? I mean, this is a Microsoft studio, making a game on Microsofts own operating system, in 2017. With a good spec'ed PC - i7 4790k @4.3 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, GTX1080 with latest drivers, game on SSD, This is as native as it gets on PC, yet it runs worse than most other AAA games I've played in years.
Another fun thing - bought a car, went to upgrade it, and any visual mod was invisible. Replacing the rear wing? That just removed the wing entirely. Changing the front bumper? The stock one just stayed. Installed a wide body kit, and the wheels where placed further out for the kit, but the kit wasnt on. Making the car look ridiculous, to say the least.

Serious question: Does anyone know if MS gives you a refund on games you've tried? The fact that I've paid $110 (that's what UE costs in my country when converted to USD) for a game that feels like a beta is not OK in my world.

Qassim

My trains to work have been cancelled, so just had a quick run on it on PC. I'm glad stuff like unlocked framerate, ability to adjust settings in race (some require restart of race however) are in for launch.

It's performing super well for me, no stutter, even and consistent frametimes (when not running unlocked). However, even when running at unlocked at 1440p/max settings (8xMSAA), i was getting 100-120fps.

I've now capped the framerate to 72fps, max settings n all - and my GPU isn't even getting into high clock rates, sitting at around 50% GPU usage - still locked to that 72fps. So, I have a load of headroom to push the rendering resolution up to 4k and probably beyond.

1080Ti, 4770K @ 4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM.

BTW even on 1080p I'm still having texture problems, stuff just stops loading and I'm monitoring VRAM usage and it's not even close to the limit.

GHG

Is there a popular GAF consensus on a racing wheel that would work on PC?

Can't go wrong with a T300RS. Preferably get the GT one with the 3 pedals. It's the best bang for buck wheel you can get at the moment.

Just be wary about getting one for this game specifically unless you are going in with low expectations for now.

sp3ctr3

How does the loyalty rewards work? Does it check for achievements on your account or something else? I've played forza motorsport 2+3+4 and horizon 1+2.

GHG

You think that stuff will get fixed? And the T300RS, does it work on PC? Thanks

No idea, but they seem to be working on it as it's improved in the final game vs the demo based on people's impressions. So I'd like to think they are still working on it and it will continue to improve.

And yes, it works perfectly on the PC.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Thanks GHG. Crazy that there are any issues there. You'd think that code would just port right over from Forza 6 and previous.

Mascot

Standard, Long, Extra Long.

Mine were 2 laps (standard), 7 laps (long), 20 laps (extra long).

Track was Monza.

Is there any logical reason why the player can't select the actual number of laps, rather than having just three presets? There's a big jump between 7 and 20. Why not allow fine tuning?

GHG

Thanks. Crazy that there are any issues there. You'd think that code would just port right over from Forza 6 and previous.

The issues have carried over from FM5 and 6. The FFB wasn't up to scratch in those games, but because they weren't on the PC it didn't get much exposure from the more hardcore sim racing community where standards are much higher due to the fact that it's a much more competitive space for racing games.

Is there any logical reason why the player can't select the actual number of laps, rather than having just three presets? There's a big jump between 7 and 20. Why not allow fine tuning?

I think it's because of the way it ties in with the race rewards stuff in career mode.

This is just for career, I'm pretty sure you can set any number you want in free play. I'm ok with that as I don't have to change numbers each race. I just set it to extra long once and I'm good to go. With manual numbers I would have to do it each race.

I only played what, two career races, so I can't say for sure (my game keeps glitching like hell).

I did play on free mode though, and there you can go wild. Time, laps, whatever you want.

Unfortunately, max time was 4 hours or 50 laps, so no free mode 24h of LeMans.

Klocker

god this game feels good... ,loving the changes they made,,.

Pcars2 feels like a
buggy
racing scenario simulator, this feels like a car game with some great racing and fun challenges. lighting is better on pcars2 though believe it or not (both in HDR)

i do not remember simulation steering feeling this forgiving especially with all assists off on a controller though, that might change as car speeds and power increase but have tried quite a few already

GHG

I only played what, two career races, so I can't say for sure (my game keeps glitching like hell).

I did play on free mode though, and there you can go wild. Time, laps, whatever you want.

Unfortunately, max time was 4 hours, so no free mode 24h of LeMans.

I don't see the point in doing a 24h race when the tires magically auto switch from dry to wet (and vice versa) throughout the race as the conditions change.

Yes I'm salty about this.

I don't see the point in doing a 24h race when the tires magically auto switch from dry to wet (and vice versa) throughout the race as the conditions change.

Yes I'm salty about this.

So you should be, it's insane that there isn't even an option tucked away to let us have a choice to manually change tyres or face the consequences. It would enrich the experience without alienating or inconveniencing a single damn person.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
The issues have carried over from FM5 and 6. The FFB wasn't up to scratch in those games, but because they weren't on the PC it didn't get much exposure from the more hardcore sim racing community where standards are much higher due to the fact that it's a much more competitive space for racing games..

Well that has me concerned. Previously ignored...

Arc07

So if you're having issues getting past the press enter screen, you have to go into task manager and close these three services.

Tj2JtHD.png

I don't get it.

Neith

Banned
Is this some elaborate joke?? After the mess that was FH3 on PC, a year later, with hopefully a lot learned.. We get this?

Any time there's rain on the track, the game randomly slows down to 15 FPS for 4-5 seconds. Happens about every 20-30 seconds or so. The menus and videos? It's hot garbage.

Was this game playtested on PC at all? I mean, this is a Microsoft studio, making a game on Microsofts own operating system, in 2017. With a good spec'ed PC - i7 4790k @4.3 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, GTX1080 with latest drivers, game on SSD, This is as native as it gets on PC, yet it runs worse than most other AAA games I've played in years.
Another fun thing - bought a car, went to upgrade it, and any visual mod was invisible. Replacing the rear wing? That just removed the wing entirely. Changing the front bumper? The stock one just stayed. Installed a wide body kit, and the wheels where placed further out for the kit, but the kit wasnt on. Making the car look ridiculous, to say the least.

Serious question: Does anyone know if MS gives you a refund on games you've tried? The fact that I've paid $110 (that's what UE costs in my country when converted to USD) for a game that feels like a beta is not OK in my world.

It must be the transition from the terrible Xbox One chipsets to the PC with tons of different configurations. I would bet that making these two versions bug free is not easy in the slightest.

Top Bottom