• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Conditions changed again. Let's hope they bring an patch out so we can adjust this kind of thing, even if its limited it would be great to have.
qqkjRSK.png

I had a race at Hockenheimring in the evening with fog and low light. Looked so good.

WbsQJso.png

You folks seeing designs on AI cars?

I see the regular game racing liveries that can be bought on AI racing cars.

But on regular AI cars all I see is paint, no drivatar liveries at all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You folks seeing designs on AI cars?

I see the regular game racing liveries that can be bought on AI racing cars.

But on regular AI cars all I see is paint, no drivatar liveries at all.

You checked under Drivatars setting to see if its enabled?

Lastly do we have an option to toggle headlights yet?

No, headlights are completely static as far as I can tell. They appear to be always on, but only cast light on the track if you are racing during the night. Other times of day no light from headlights, even if it's late evening and almost dark. Looks pretty odd. PCars2 lighting, environments and weather system is so much better, too bad it lacks in other areas.

squared

Drivatar liveries doesn't work for me either, and the option to show them is enabled.

Also, is it just me, or are the Drivatars completely unaware that you exist? It's like they don't even care that you're on the track, they'll PIT-maneuver you or push you without any hesitation it seems. If they're directly behind you, they'll slow down if you do, but other than that..

OrigiNull

For those with racing wheels what stands are you using?

I just picked up a ThrustMaster T300 variant but running it on a tv stand table is less than ideal...

eso76

Yeah, i saw Laguna Sega at dusk during the launch stream and thought it looked great, then i was surprised to see we still get the chance to race during a clear day, but i have to say lighting works rather well as in all conditions look pretty accurate.

I haven't seen other tracks offering this kind of variety though.

EDIT: oh, i've seen them now. Prague at dusk exists.

MaLDo

After so many errors downloading the game from Windows Store, I used the reddit guide to download the package. Installing using the package results in a 0x80080207 error (hash problem) in the middle of the setup.

Has anyone else downloaded the package and can you tell the size and CRC? Are there ways to calculate CRC of a 95GB file?

I tried every online fix about this error.

So I've done a lot of workarounds to finally install the package. Now when I click the icon, a message appears saying the release date has not yet come, that I have to go to the store to see the date on which the product will be available.

I think enough people in charge of these platforms should now be feeling an awful shame.

hamchan

So I've done a lot of workarounds to finally install the package. Now when I click the icon, a message appears saying the release date has not yet come, that I have to go to the store to see the date on which the product will be available.

I think enough people in charge of these platforms should now be feeling an awful shame.

I think the people in charge of these platforms are thinking of ways to microtransaction your download and install experience.

zorbsie

Just want to point out for those worried about payouts, cars are much cheaper in this game. Probably the cheapest they have ever been. The Ferrari 250 GTO was 8 - 10 million in previous games. It's 1.35 million in FM7. I have found that just doing what I usually do in these games, race, I have enough to get what I want.

danowat

Banned
Just want to point out for those worried about payouts, cars are much cheaper in this game. Probably the cheapest they have ever been. The Ferrari 250 GTO was 8 - 10 million in previous games. It's 1.35 million in FM7. I have found that just doing what I usually do in these games, race, I have enough to get what I want.

Not all cars.

Nissan R34 GT-R V-Spec
FM6: 30k FM7: 210k

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
FM6: 27k FM7: 41k

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
FM6: 28k FM7: 81k

Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO
FM6: 22k FM7: 54k

Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
FM6: 300k FM7 320k

Hennessey Venom GT
FM6: 570k FM7: 1.15m

2017 Ford GT
FM6: 250k FM7: 445k

2008 BMW M3
FM6: 57k FM7: 94k

xrnzaaas

According to this wiki page http://forza.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_7/Cars the most expensive cars in the game cost 1.5 million. The problem is that lowered prices don't apply to cars from the 100 thousand - 1 million range from Forza 6 and they're the ones most people will be using for most of the game.

That 10 million zorbsie is referring to was the Horizon price, 250 GTO costed 2 million in Forza 6.

zorbsie

Sure, but all the super expensive cars have been reduced dramatically. Those are the ones people were grinding credits for. 50K is a couple of races, big deal. 8 million is a lot of racing.

Thanks for the clarification, xrnzaaas. I knew it was pretty expensive at some point. lol

EDIT: Just checked it was Forza 4 that had the GTO for 10M. That was a while ago. :)

Gestault

Not all cars.

To be fair, if the vast majority of almost 800 cars are less expensive (and the "more expensive" examples are not dramatic), I think that's the noteworthy part.

I'm admittedly going on second-hand info, but by a few seemingly reliable accounts, the cars are simply less expensive on the whole. I know you're trying to keep people's perspective keen on the game-economy so people don't gloss over something frustrating, but let's keep things on the level.

danowat

Banned
Someone will probably do an extensive breakdown on the economy in time, it's still early days yet.

I still don't like the loot crate system, regardless.

xrnzaaas

Yep we'll have to wait and see and I also expect Turn 10 to balance out the economy in the game at least once (hopefully not for worse ;)).

Given there are 10,000,000cr cars in Forza Horizon 3, then yes FM7 cars much less expensive.

Horizon games have more expensive cars, presumably because there's less of them and so it would take less time to collect all of them. Forza 5 and Forza 6 didn't have cars that costed more than 2 million, now it's even lower with 1.5 million.

Hawk269

Conditions changed again. Let's hope they bring an patch out so we can adjust this kind of thing, even if its limited it would be great to have.

I had a race at Hockenheimring in the evening with fog and low light. Looked so good.

WbsQJso.png

So I am not going crazy. To be clear, there are some slight change to many of courses, just not user changed? Was racing on Prague and it was a little foggy and overcast then later played on-line and it was bright and sunny. I thought I was going nuts...I wish we would know which tracks are static and which have somewhat dynamic changes.

So I am not going crazy. To be clear, there are some slight change to many of courses, just not user changed? Was racing on Prague and it was a little foggy and overcast then later played on-line and it was bright and sunny. I thought I was going nuts...I wish we would know which tracks are static and which have somewhat dynamic changes.

As far as I know/have seen, every single track has randomised ToD. Even the ones that simply say "day" will still range between midday, sunset, overcast, etc. I've yet to see one that doesn't change.

EDIT: As I've said somewhere else, "Day" should simply say something like Dry. It's definitely a randomised ToD, but without any special conditions.

I honestly really like the new progression system. I haven't had to buy a single car yet and have made quite a lot of money. I have also bought a lot of loot boxes and used a lot of mods.

I also don't mind cars being locked behind things. I really like the Specialty Vendor, it reminds of searching the Used Car Lot back in GT2. Yes, I really want to buy the F40C right now. But I also think it's cool that I will have to find it in the vendor or win it.

I know I am in the tiny minority but I have missed the fun progression of old racing games. Everyone started to complain about not being able to drive all the cars from day one and now you have too much money and everything too early. There is no feeling of progression or working for those awesome cars.

Now, I do think those people were probably right. I do think we should have full access to the game we paid for. But you still have to play thru the first levels to see the rest of Uncharted, why do racing games have to be so different?

Posted for a new page so we have something else to talk about other than the fuckin loot boxes. I am tired of that shit.

Edit: Also, oddly enough, I grabbed my Forza rewards yesterday and only got $75k per game. Have they changed those payouts too?

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
What time does the game release for us Standard users? It only says on the 3rd on the Microsoft Store page.

Are they planning of releasing it at 12AM GMT like they did with Ultimate Edition?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What time does the game release for us Standard users? It only says on the 3rd on the Microsoft Store page.

Are they planning of releasing it at 12AM GMT like they did with Ultimate Edition?

It's the third.

I got lucky and Best Buy sent mine out early and I got it on Saturday. :X

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Posted for a new page so we have something else to talk about other than the fuckin loot boxes. I am tired of that shit.

Edit: Also, oddly enough, I grabbed my Forza rewards yesterday and only got $75k per game. Have they changed those payouts too?

Holy shit, looks like they did.

I just got 350K the other day at Tier 11 and now it's down to 75K for FM5-7 and 7.5 for the older games.

danowat

Banned
Here's a quick and dirty look.

From the description, seems like it was ~500CR less than in 6 using different mods, while not using the VIP in 7.

Yeah, it appears, like for like, that the economy is roughly on par, at least in terms of race rewards, I guess more will be known in the coming weeks and months, especially the differences in car prices.

However, that still doesn't alter the fact that your ability to increase your rewards for things like assists is now hidden behind RNG loot crates in FM7, and the only way to get these loot crates is to buy them, having them as a career or level progression rewards may have gone someway to limiting my issue with them.

DocSeuss

I miss the divisions/years thing, which I think Forza 4 did best.

Forza 3 went with this "okay, do several of one race before moving on" thing that kind of sucked, because, by the final year, you're stuck doing like 4-5 races that are like 10 minutes long, all in the same car type. 5 does something similar, without the championship races in between. I feel like 6 and 7 lean this direction as well.

Forza 4, on the other hand, just took you to a series of race tracks around the world, and gave you several different races to pick from on that track, which meant you might want to switch cars (though there was always a race for your currently selected car). I thought that was a really nice way to handle things.

I don't really like sticking with the same car for several races in a row all the time. Doing it by track meant variety. Doing it by car type doesn't. We have a similar problem in Horizon; the first game unlocked ALL race types for a wristband class, so you could race anything at your pace. Forza Horizon 2 and 3 stick you in these locked championships where you have to do like 4 races of the same car type in a row, though, thankfully, these tend to be shorter/more varied than what's in FM4, and you can always just go cruising around the world and doing speed zones and things if you want. I spent my game time yesterday getting my 488/488 roads in FH3. Felt nice. I think FM4/H are still kinda the peak of what Forza has offered in large part thanks to the way they structured more variety from race to race.

I'll wait for more people to say if the tier rewards are really nerfed, because goddamn that would be a stupid move.

I was getting 35,000 in FM4/FH, and 350,000 in the newer games. Now I am getting like... 27,500/275,000, I think?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, it appears, like for like, that the economy is roughly on par, at least in terms of race rewards, I guess more will be known in the coming weeks and months, especially the differences in car prices.

However, that still doesn't alter the fact that your ability to increase your rewards for things like assists is now hidden behind RNG loot crates in FM7, and the only way to get these loot crates is to buy them, having them as a career or level progression rewards may have gone someway to limiting my issue with them.

Hm, true. It would have been nice to be able to get them as driver rewards. I got 20 of the 20k ones from the tier rewards and have a bunch of mods from them.

It is a bit silly of them to do it this way, but I hope, HOPE they just keep these to in-game credits. I'd hate to see them turn on microtransactions for these, they're not worth shelling out real money for.

danowat

Banned
Hm, true. It would have been nice to be able to get them as driver rewards. I got 20 of the 20k ones from the tier rewards and have a bunch of mods from them.

It is a bit silly of them to do it this way, but I hope, HOPE they just keep these to in-game credits. I'd hate to see them turn on microtransactions for these, they're not worth shelling out real money for.

Prize crates come up as tier awards?, do they come up after you've hit tier 5?

As for the real money aspect, if they don't become available to buy with money / tokens, I'll eat my hat.

Holy shit, looks like they did.

I just got 350K the other day at Tier 11 and now it's down to 75K for FM5-7 and 7.5 for the older games.

I claimed 275k about two days ago from forza rewards, nearly tier 8 but not unlocked score for quite a while, not since apex at least.

7.5k for the older games sounds like a drop in the water and not worth it.

Azzawon

Given up using a wheel on this game, the handling feels so off. Thrustmaster TX here as well. I guess I should expect it considering it's designed with controller users primarily in mind.

I'll wait for more people to say if the tier rewards are really nerfed, because goddamn that would be a stupid move.

I claimed 275k about two days ago from forza rewards, nearly tier 8 but not unlocked score for quite a while, not since apex at least.

7.5k for the older games sounds like a drop in the water and not worth it.

Yeah, I grabbed my rewards on Friday and they were the normal $300k or whatever. I swear though, if they nerf Rewards down that much, I am going to be pissed. On top of the VIP stuff that is some greedy shit. I hope we are wrong and T10 fixes everything but right now it is not looking good.

Captn

By the way, for people with laggy menus and crashes to desktop...

Disable Core 0 in the affinity settings when you start the game on the forza.exe process.

No big lags in menus, just minor stuttering here and there but not worth mentioning and no crashes to desktop.

I just also want to say that I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to remove AI cars from Private matches. My wife got into Forza hardcore with the CoOp mode in Horizon 3 so we both got the Ultimate Edition to play together. Imagine how pissed we were when we found out that we basically cannot play the game together.

They took out any way for her and I to actually have a fun race with each other against the AI. We either have to race together completely alone, or in one of the shitty hoppers they have available. We both spent $100 on the game and she barely plays it now because of all the shitty decisions that have been made by T10 with this game.

I am disappointed and saddened that this is the direction T10 have decided to go. They are going to kill the franchise with these stupid decisions.

Hawk269

As far as I know/have seen, every single track has randomised ToD. Even the ones that simply say "day" will still range between midday, sunset, overcast, etc. I've yet to see one that doesn't change.

EDIT: As I've said somewhere else, "Day" should simply say something like Dry. It's definitely a randomised ToD, but without any special conditions.
Have you seen a change for Dubai? I have raced that one a few times and no change as if yet.

Daffy Duck

I just also want to say that I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to remove AI cars from Private matches. My wife got into Forza hardcore with the CoOp mode in Horizon 3 so we both got the Ultimate Edition to play together. Imagine how pissed we were when we found out that we basically cannot play the game together.

They took out any way for her and I to actually have a fun race with each other against the AI. We either have to race together completely alone, or in one of the shitty hoppers they have available. We both spent $100 on the game and she barely plays it now because of all the shitty decisions that have been made by T10 with this game.

I am disappointed and saddened that this is the direction T10 have decided to go. They are going to kill the franchise with these stupid decisions.

Same here, me and my lad sat down for a NASCAR race yesterday and he was gutted there was no AI drivers.

Top Bottom