• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just also want to say that I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to remove AI cars from Private matches. My wife got into Forza hardcore with the CoOp mode in Horizon 3 so we both got the Ultimate Edition to play together. Imagine how pissed we were when we found out that we basically cannot play the game together.

They took out any way for her and I to actually have a fun race with each other against the AI. We either have to race together completely alone, or in one of the shitty hoppers they have available. We both spent $100 on the game and she barely plays it now because of all the shitty decisions that have been made by T10 with this game.

I am disappointed and saddened that this is the direction T10 have decided to go. They are going to kill the franchise with these stupid decisions.

Whaa? That's fucking stupid. Helios pls, send some messages along that that's not cool.

I'm not the biggest fan of Homologate/Homogenized, whatever the fuck it is either. I'm fine with the class restriction from previous games, but I think it's a little too touchy than previous games. Or maybe it just feels different.

By the way, for people with laggy menus and crashes to desktop...

Disable Core 0 in the affinity settings when you start the game on the forza.exe process.

No big lags in menus, just minor stuttering here and there but not worth mentioning and no crashes to desktop.

I tried that and it stopped working after some time. I decided to remove everything else from Core 1 (explorer, task manager, steam, everything), and let the game hog it alone.

Result? Stuttering almost gone.

My main concern right now is that the game starts to get bad after long sessions, and as someone who likes endurance races this is bad news.

Gestault

I am Tier 11 and got the normal large amount on Friday but when I grabbed the new rewards yesterday, it was down to $75k for the two newest games and $7,500 for the older games.

So I got the normal amounts for this past week, but I noticed the "reported" numbers from the app were showing hugely inflated numbers for a few games. I checked in-game and it was the normal amounts, but the list was saying something like 31 million credits for Horizon 3. I wanna say it was $275k for Forza 7, which sounds normal.

I'll know for sure on this coming Friday, because I'll have both last weeks and this weeks rewards for Forza 7 as separate messages. I'll keep an eye out.

xrnzaaas

Yep it seems they've gone way down with the loyalty rewards. :/ I grabbed 225k on Friday but I checked the Forza Rewards site a moment ago and this is what is planned for the next Friday. I'm on tier 8.

111bole9.jpg

Tomash

Holy shit, looks like they did.

I just got 350K the other day at Tier 11 and now it's down to 75K for FM5-7 and 7.5 for the older games.

It's worded poorly. 75K is difference between T11 and T12 and is rewarded when you advance to next tier. They did nerf rewards, as I was getting 275K at Tier 8 this year, and this Friday I got 275K at Tier 9.

Rewards are cumulative.

Tier 2: FM4 = 2,500; FH = 2,500; FM5 = 25,000; FH2 = 25,000; FM6 = 25,000, FH3 = 25,000, FM7 = 25,000
Tier 3: FM4 = 2,500; FH = 2,500; FM5 = 25,000; FH2 = 25,000; FM6 = 25,000, FH3 = 25,000, FM7 = 25,000
Tier 4: FM4 = 2,500; FH = 2,500; FM5 = 25,000; FH2 = 25,000; FM6 = 25,000, FH3 = 25,000, FM7 = 25,000
Tier 5: FM4 = 2,500; FH = 2,500; FM5 = 25,000; FH2 = 25,000; FM6 = 25,000, FH3 = 25,000, FM7 = 25,000
Tier 6: FM4 = 2,500; FH = 2,500; FM5 = 25,000; FH2 = 25,000; FM6 = 25,000, FH3 = 25,000, FM7 = 25,000
Tier 7: FM4 = 5,000; FH = 5,000; FM5 = 50,000; FH2 = 50,000; FM6 = 50,000, FH3 = 50,000, FM7 = 50,000
Tier 8: FM4 = 5,000; FH = 5,000; FM5 = 50,000; FH2 = 50,000; FM6 = 50,000, FH3 = 50,000, FM7 = 50,000
Tier 9: FM4 = 5,000; FH = 5,000; FM5 = 50,000; FH2 = 50,000; FM6 = 50,000, FH3 = 50,000, FM7 = 50,000
Tier 10: FM4 = 7,500; FH = 7,500; FM5 = 75,000; FH2 = 75,000; FM6 = 75,000, FH3 = 75,000, FM7 = 75,000
Tier 11: FM4 = 7,500; FH = 7,500; FM5 = 75,000; FH2 = 75,000; FM6 = 75,000, FH3 = 75,000, FM7 = 75,000
Tier 12: FM4 = 7,500; FH = 7,500; FM5 = 75,000; FH2 = 75,000; FM6 = 75,000, FH3 = 75,000, FM7 = 75,000

Gestault

Yep it seems they've gone way down with the loyalty rewards. :/ I grabbed 225k on Friday but I checked the Forza Rewards site a moment ago and this is what is planned for the next Friday. I'm on tier 8.

111bole9.jpg

It doesn't make a difference to me in the older games, but I hope that's just an error like my over-reported numbers were this past week. 5k credits is a hilariously small amount of money.

111bole9.jpg

Such bullshit. I want to say that the loot crates aren't the cause, that the loot crates are a fun thing they added to spend your extra credits on.

But between this, the VIP debacle and other questionable choices...

It doesn't make a difference to me in the older games, but I hope that's just an error like my over-reported numbers were this past week. 5k credits is a hilariously small amount of money.

It is not an error. I redeemed my rewards yesterday and the in game message I got was for only $75k.

Gestault

Hang on are rewards weekly now? It was every month I thought so that was all I was doing.

Dayuuuum, yeah, you missed out.

Something that comes to mind with the way the credits are scaling down makes me wonder how the weekly Forzathon prizes will figure in. Like, Horizon 3 didn't really take that into account, so you got crazy money if you did both. Last we'd heard, the weekly Forzathon stuff was going to be hitting 7.

Dr.Phibes

Bought the game for PC, download restarts every few minutes. Am I fucked? Or is there a realistic chance MS will fix it in the future?

Gestault

Bought the game for PC, download restarts every few minutes. Am I fucked? Or is there a realistic chance MS will fix it in the future?

It's reasonable to hope for an update, though doing a hard reboot has helped the people having the download failure error for Windows Store apps. I'd share a quick take of your situation on social media with the official accounts to see if there's anything they recommend. The Windows Store is seemingly random with how it works fine for some, but utterly nun-functional for others. You're definitely not alone in the aggravation.

witness

111bole9.jpg

And now I’m fucking pissed. That’s insane going from 225k to being reduced down to 50k, T8 here also. I haven’t bought this yet, only time I’ve ever not bought a Forza game at launch, and this is some really shady shit now when you combine this with the crates. Wtf is going on over there?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FUCKING BULLSHIT.

And here I was hoping for that big 350K payout so I can grab that NISMO GT-R from the specialty dealer without killing my current monies. (Only at 420K, but I haven't played a ton)

I REALLY hope T10 releases some kind of statement today about everything that is going on. I mean, the game isn't even really OUT yet and it is already getting a lot of negative press from these idiotic decisions. I can't imagine they would just keep quite and ignore it all, especially after they quietly updated the VIP information on the website.

rip

You know what's wrong with this? it's that nothing is said or announced before things change. If we had a heads up that rewards was changing value people would be prepared instead they just change things without telling anyone until someone finds out and spreads the news.

Now, in T10's defense, I am pretty sure they had a WIR or some blog post around Horizon 3 launch that did explain the move to weekly. lol

I REALLY hope T10 releases some kind of statement today about everything that is going on. I mean, the game isn't even really OUT yet and it is already getting a lot of negative press from these idiotic decisions. I can't imagine they would just keep quite and ignore it all, especially after they quietly updated the VIP information on the website.

Their typical silence from E3 to release is to blame.

If they have a case to be made for all the changes made they should have used the months before release making a case for it. Its kind of crazy when you look at what has cjanged from 6 (no more class leaderboards, vip change, forza rewards change, 2 people needed for an online lobby to start, rivals changed, etc). You would think they would want to break it to the community in the months they had in pre realease to lessen the blow back. Its just odd that they wouldn't see the negativity coming.

Now, in T10's defense, I am pretty sure they had a WIR or some blog post around Horizon 3 launch that did explain the move to weekly. lol

I mean the change in values given out now not the weekly thing, that's an imprvement so i'm not angry at that.

F7 built around loot boxes, limited VIP reward usage, forza rewards being cut in half if not more, all happens in the same weekend.

xrnzaaas

Tier 11 payout should be 425K going by their FAQ

Look up "Rewards every Friday from 29th September 2017"

Even if you add up weekly rewards from all Forza titles (which is silly, because who plays so many games at the same time) it's till less than 425k.

Look up "Rewards every Friday from 29th September 2017"

The forums are loading like shit so I couldn't go all the way back through the thread but someone mentioned something about a glitch in the payouts. So maybe this is a onetime, accidental issue. I will lower my pitchfork for now but I will still be sharpening the tips, just in case.

zorbsie

I got 425k on Friday at tier 11 when I did the rewards. Loading up the Forza hub app it's telling me I have 75k waiting for me for the next time. I think something is wrong. Also I'm 100 points for becoming level 12. I'll wait til Friday to raise a stink.

Have you seen a change for Dubai? I have raced that one a few times and no change as if yet.

New Dubai or the real F1 track?

On new Dubai I believe it seems to go from midday to a kind of sunset thing. Might just be a placebo and it's all the same weather I've been seeing. I've played it enough to safely say it doesn't have any cloudy/foggy setting, but I'm sure the sun angle/yellowness changes.

Dr.Phibes

It's reasonable to hope for an update, though doing a hard reboot has helped the people having the download failure error for Windows Store apps. I'd share a quick take of your situation on social media with the official accounts to see if there's anything they recommend. The Windows Store is seemingly random with how it works fine for some, but utterly nun-functional for others. You're definitely not alone in the aggravation.

Did that, they're really sorry but atm I'm shit out of luck. The MS guy then told me to try again tomorrow...

Edit: contacted Amazon asking for a refund. They can't refund me because the game isn't out.

LoveCake

I am Tier 10 and i was going to use the free money on loot-crates, It wouldn't surprise me if this is why they have nuked the payouts, I did get the full payout I usually receive Friday.

I have had all the Forza games (not APEX) and the limited/collectors/ultimate at that, and F7 could very well be the last Forza game I buy any version off and seeing as I only use my Xbox for Forza it could be the last Xbox I buy as well.

If people are going to be buying a Xbox One X for this game then they really should think again, I know I am part of the problem having an original Xbox One but this is what Microsoft/Xbox wanted so the game would work on older systems, but I think that the game was just rushed out so there was something 'new' to play on the Xbox One X, there are people (on the official site) saying that people shouldn't panic as the full game has not yet been released, really? well what have us the most loyal Forza fans been playing early the last few days, another BETA?

EDIT They have added Tier 12, there also seems to have been a bug the other day?
I think I may just play the game win the final trophy and that will be me done with the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Forza Reward system has been nerfed so many times that I'm not even surprised by another nerf lol

Not to mention it's been glitchy.

I finally got the reward points for buying tokens in FH1. (Yeah, I bought some so I could get the own the most expensive car cheevo lol. Only needed like 5 and they were $2 or some shit)

Now it's telling me I have the full 350 for buying tokens in F5, I never bought any of that ridiculous shit lol

xrnzaaas

Not to mention it's been glitchy.

I finally got the reward points for buying tokens in FH1. (Yeah, I bought some so I could get the own the most expensive car cheevo lol. Only needed like 5 and they were $2 or some shit)

Same here, I played Horizon 1 on my current account right after it was made backwards compatible for the XONE and the points were added only recently. Took forever to do an update.

Fox Mulder

I am Tier 11 and i was going to use the free money on loot-crates, It wouldn't surprise me if this is why they have nuked the payouts, I did get the full payout I usually receive Friday.

I have had all the Forza games (not APEX) and the limited/collectors/ultimate at that, and F7 could very well be the last Forza game I buy any version off and seeing as I only use my Xbox for Forza it could be the last Xbox I buy as well.

If people are going to be buying a Xbox One X for this game then they really should think again, I know I am part of the problem having an original Xbox One but this is what Microsoft/Xbox wanted so the game would work on older systems, but I think that the game was just rushed out so there was something 'new' to play on the Xbox One X, there are people (on the official site) saying that people shouldn't panic as the full game has not yet been released, really? well what have us the most loyal Forza fans been playing early the last few days, another BETA?

EDIT They have added Tier 12, there also seems to have been a bug the other day?
I think I may just play the game win the final trophy and that will be me done with the game.

I kept with the Xbox this generation because of Forza. MS killed halo for me with 4 and the fucking MCC, now maybe Forza too. We'll see.

The Forza rewards, if you have already claimed for the week, shows you the differential between your current tier and the next tier when you click on rewards. It does NOT show you what you will get next week.

So for example if you were tier 9 and clicked on rewards it'll say 75k credits, expires in X days. That doesn't mean you will get 75k credits next week. It means if you make it to tier 10 you will get whatever you are currently getting PLUS 75k more credits. AFAIK there is no way to see what you will get next week until the rewards date actually rolls around.

I got 275k for Tier 9 on friday in Forza 7, same as FH3/FM6. We'll see if it gets nerfed this friday but I doubt it, doesn't really make much sense since its not an exorbitant amount of money for the game.

My biggest complaint so far about FM7, besides the wonky loot crates and how lame VIP feels, is that the start of the game is very... boring. FM6 at least starts you off in Rio and off with a bang, FH3 of course is beyond amazing with all that Australia touring and crazy vehicle shenanigans. I thought the truck thing you start with in FM7 was weird and kinda dumb and you sort of just jump straight into circuit racing. I find the game fun enough, but like Destiny 2 feels like an xpac of D1, FM7 feels like a big DLC for FM6.

Damn. So are you playing the game at 8k? or is it just for shots and it runs like at 10fps?

No, is how I play it. 8K/60 (it is not perfect locked 60FPS, only some minor drops), ultra/high settings, 2xMSAA. 1080Ti, 4790K, 16GB RAM.

I never post screenshots with crazy settings just for that. It is always from my play through of the game.

wow the reflections of the cars are oops .. :p it's pc ultra setting?

Yes, PC at ultra settings.

Sadly the game doesn't reflect the exhaust flames and the glowing brake disks.

Captn

What do you use to record and have ab/riva tuner osd activated ?

I tried shadowplay as it has no impact on performance but it don't work with ab/riva tuner activated. Recording stops after a second or so. And fps counter on shadowplay does not work on Forza

Any other easy programs that would let me record with statistics on 4k ?

Thanks

Top Bottom