• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

LoveCake

You can skip the level reward and it saves it for you to get later.

I haven't seen repeated car rewards. The game has some cars that are exactly the same only with different liveries and are counted as separate cars.

Ok thank you.

Agreed on both. 20,000 crates are so much more useful than the expensive ones for mods. Those greens will dish out easy money, while the purples have a rather shitty payout for having such steep requirements. Also the game kind of sucks at judging turns and other nonsense, finding it very unreliable in its judgements and prefer to just sell those ‘perfect' cards off than try them anymore.

The AI is so inconsistent. I'll blow them away one race, and the next feel it's near impossible to keep pace despite little change in my driving on the same setting.

I did try the CR-50,000 one and I got some good MODS, but I did get a cockpit view one, I hate the cockpit view and if I sell it I only get CR-2000 so I will have to give it a go on a oval race.

So who's setting up the races today? Don't forget me. Someone has to come dead last. :)

What race?

Smax

I can't win this event D:
img_42c4d2a8-360a-43fdxp1q.png

img_f44d37c9-a725-417w3qtf.png
What I see here is someone who is about .8 secs faster per lap compared to the best AI opponent but manages to finish 12th. Isn't it obvious that you would've won easily if those lap times were consistent throughout the race, or am I missing something here?

J7MB0

Neo Member
So the lion's share of the cars you're talking about are unlocked through showcases and career content (as far as I know). These are already a fraction of the overall car content. I feel like being frustrated that unlocking cars for your garage (that you can already use in free-play and online races without needing to own) by playing single-player content is a bizarre thing to be bothered about. The dealership is already one workaround, and Forzathon cars are given out free in general, often with a credit/XP reward to boot.

I'm among those who vastly prefer the staggered content of the new career structure, and I know that's anything but a universal reaction, but I feel like some of the side-reactions to "locked" cars is totally out of line with the basis of playing videogames.

It's a hassle when you miss out on one of those discounted cars from career mode. Incidentally due to lack of money (dat loot addiction...) had to leave a Mercedes that costed 200k and had a 100k discount at about level 10 threshold, I vaguely recall. Would anyone kindly tell me which model it was? Have looked it up unsuccessfully..

Fox Mulder

It's a hassle when you miss out on one of those discounted cars from career mode. Incidentally due to lack of money (dat loot addiction...) had to leave a Mercedes that costed 200k and had a 100k discount at about level 10 threshold, I vaguely recall. Would anyone kindly tell me which model it was? Have looked it up unsuccessfully..

If you don't have money for a discounted reward car, just press skip and it's saved for you to redeem later in another menu.

The game doesn't explain it at all really.

frontieruk

Pardon my ignorance but how? (Today was my first day doing online, didn't bother much in 6 but I heard people fine)

Is it proximity based also during the race?

No it breaks in the lobby so no one an hear each other in the lobby so just like 6

Noobcraft

What I see here is someone who is about .8 secs faster per lap compared to the best AI opponent but manages to finish 12th. Isn't it obvious that you would've won easily if those lap times were consistent throughout the race, or am I missing something here?
I managed to average 1:04 second laps. The top AI averaged 1:02.5 second laps for the entire race. The difficulty level was set to expert, but given that there are even higher difficulty levels available, I think it's unreasonable to expect someone to consistently put up ~97th percentile times while trying to weave through the pack from 12th place.

lem0n

I'm loving this game finally. I wasn't going to try it with my Fanatec CSW because I thought I'd have been spoiled by AC and PCars2... I'm glad I tried it out! Got my settings just right and it's a damn blast. My supercharged NC2 Miata with race slicks on rainy Brands Hatch is probably the highlight.. or the NSX-R on Nordschleife.

Noobcraft

I’m glad to hear others are finding the Formula E cars to be tough to handle. I’ve really struggled, more so than with anything else I’ve driven
I've got the handling down (and think they're fun to drive), but the AI is problematic because it seems like they don't ever mess up.

gragy10

I’m glad to hear others are finding the Formula E cars to be tough to handle. I’ve really struggled, more so than with anything else I’ve driven

I'm on a pad and had a breakthrough on Daytona & Bathhurst with the FE cars today - keeping the revs up while braking (throttle 1/3-1/2 open) kept it planted on medium/fast corners where I'd have been sideways before

G Rom

I've got the handling down (and think they're fun to drive), but the AI is problematic because it seems like they don't ever mess up.

My troubles in that series had more to do with the apparent lack of drafting which makes it extremely difficult to overtake in a spec series... either way, there’s definitely something wrong with it!

frontieruk

Thanks for the races...

I’m going to to come up with a way to distract this fella from jumping up me during races
d6368f12-b997-4c0f-bbtjtr.jpeg

Zorbs eBay car
bb34b878-c565-4c6c-bdtjqq.jpeg

KdotIX

Nice races tonight, unfortunately had to go early for eats. But I'll be up for some more any time, so just ping me a message on XBL if anything is going down!

zorbsie

Frontier your dog is a good boy.
This green car thing is giving me a complex.
I'm going to assume it's your game that's broken and not mine. :)

Was a blast "driving" with you guys. We'll do it again next weekend.

Noobcraft

If you want to plan one for Saturday let me know! Put up a looking for group request or something in the club.

frontieruk

It’s more likely yours as rawnuts saw it as well... soundscream doesn’t count as your Defense as he said his purple car was white...

zorbsie

If you want to plan one for Saturday let me know! Put up a looking for group request or something in the club.

That's a good idea. We should do a looking for group request for the club. Saturday works for me too.

It's more likely yours as rawnuts saw it as well... soundscream doesn't count as your Defense as he said his purple car was white...
Maybe it was the lobby. Lets see if the issue is still there next time. If so, I'll have to redownload the game. Not looking forward to that.

frontieruk

That's a good idea. We should do a looking for group request for the club. Saturday works for me too.

Maybe it was the lobby. Lets see if the issue is still there next time. If so, I'll have to redownload the game. Not looking forward to that.

I can’t believe they haven’t got the dash leagues working yet... I’m hoping it launches with the one x

Gestault

If you don't have money for a discounted reward car, just press skip and it's saved for you to redeem later in another menu.

The game doesn't explain it at all really.

Yeah, things like that and the oddball "exit race" (to be able to restart a race) are terrible communication with the player. The actual design is fine, but it's 100% counter-intuitive.

xrnzaaas

Sorry frontieruk for not responding to your invitation yesterday. I'm a 100% offline guy. I don't sub to Gold, because I only play Forza games on the XONE and between them the console is just idling. ;)

Man I've finally checked out the Formula E(ww) championship after getting a free car. It really is shitty, even worse than Polaris and all the offroad classes. Standard > low AI > no damage - thank you, done with it in less than 30 minutes. Will be selling the car when the auction house opens. ;)

frontieruk

Sorry frontieruk for not responding to your invitation yesterday. I'm a 100% offline guy. I don't sub to Gold, because I only play Forza games on the XONE and between them the console is just idling. ;)

Man I've finally checked out the Formula E(ww) championship after getting a free car. It really is shitty, even worse than Polaris and all the offroad classes. Standard > low AI > no damage - thank you, done with it in less than 30 minutes. Will be selling the car when the auction house opens. ;)

No problems, I just sent invites to all gaffers who I knew played forza

KdotIX

You on PC or Xbox?

Xbox there’s a capture function on the controller gem button (have they changed this again in the latest build seems awkward now?)

On PC the Xbox GAF bar has a record button.

I’m on PC. I turn off Windows Game Mode for stability reasons. Oh well, no biggie. I’d be up for a race on Saturday as well as Sunday.

Top Bottom