• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

jem0208

Honestly, they're pretty low quality, and don't exactly paint the game in a great light.

If you want to show off the original, there are much better ways of doing so. Albeit not embeddable.

It's a bit weird that they are embedded on mobile but not on the desktop site.

Why is it that the mobile site has more features...?

This isn't enough to tempt me at $399. Still need $299 for me to buy a kinectless xbone at this point.

I am a console graphics whore, I always have the top performing console. And IMO there's no way FH is going to be able to compete with #Driveclub visually for the fact that you are dealing with about 600 less gigaflops in power for the xbone (equivalent to two 360's duct taped on), and much less memory bandwidth.

So it's going to take something else to get me to spend another $399 plus $50.

Also the fact that a new Gran Tourismo is incoming, and that Project Cars on PS4 will use Morpheus.

I'm sure previous fans will love the game regardless though.

Wow. Lol.

The Flash

Banned
This isn't enough to tempt me at $399. Still need $299 for me to buy a kinectless xbone at this point.

I am a console graphics whore, I always have the top performing console. And IMO there's no way FH is going to be able to compete with #Driveclub visually for the fact that you are dealing with about 600 less gigaflops in power for the xbone (equivalent to two 360's duct taped on), and much less memory bandwidth.

Also the fact that a new Gran Tourismo is incoming, and that Project Cars on PS4 will use Morpheus.

95.gif

What happens if Forza Horizon 2 is much more fun than Driveclub though?

If you're really concerned about getting top performance you'd invest in a PC. It's a shame some of the excuses people tell themselves not to buy fun games.

Hawk269

Awesome! Cross-gen doesn't bother me as long as Playground is primarily focused on the Xbone version and it says they are so I'm fine. Love the idea of a music festival and the Europe setting, hope it still has an arcade feel to it that made the first game feel so good. Can't wait to see some gameplay.

At IGN they added a small update to clarify that Playground Games is solely working on and focusing only on the Xbox One version, while Sumo Digital is working on the 360 version using the Forza Horizon 1 engine.

I cannot wait to see screens and hopefully video. The first game was so damn good. Not sure why there is such a big negative vibe from many posters in this thread. I would assume that most of these folks have not played the first game. If screen shots and videos look like shit, then I can understand the negative comments, but we have so much little info to go on as of today for so many people to be negative.

abadguy

Banned

Quality post there, bucko.

TheKayle

Banned

ahhaha dont know if serious hahaha
anyway being a "console graphics whore" is like to say i love sex ..but i just masturbate...buy a pc and stop whining about gflops

that's a solid 60fps right there

Hahaha.

Hahahaha. WTF is this?!

nikos

Different game engines? Why do I get the feeling the 360 version will play better? Looking forward to it regardless. Hopefully the map has more roads this time, the first felt like a bunch of tracks joined together.

Gestault

This is art.

The_Dude

Seems a weird move by Microsoft. I'm only one person, but if it was an X1 exclusive it probably would have been the game to get me to buy one. Now, I'll probably buy the 360 version and get the X1 version when there's more I want on the console and it's cheaper.

Hawk269

You have yet to see ONE fucking screen shot or a second of video, but yet your are already claiming that Driveclub is visually better. Am I reading that right? Are you serious?

I thought I have read some really stupid posts in the past, but you my friend just topped them all.

If you want to say this after we have seen screen shots and videos that is fine, but to say that before seeing anything of FH2 is just showing your ignorance when it comes to games.

anyway being a "console graphics whore" is like to say i love sex ..but i just masturbate...buy a pc and stop whining about gflops

I will be buying a new PC in about six or seven months when the cost/performance ratio against the PS4 starts lining up better.

Been a PC gamer as well, all my life. No stranger to that! I have been building PC's since the first ATI Rage launched with MechWarrior II.

Meanwhile, as far as consoles are concerned, not clunky, cumbersome PC's, the price needs to come down, for me, this is no killer app when viewed against what ps4 has coming.

The Kayle!

jem0208

"I'm a sex addict so I only have sex with my Fleshlight TM (available for only $19.99 at participating retailers!)"

El_Chino

Wow, thanks for stopping by.

Draconian

Poe's Law is now in full effect.

Wow. And people think that MS is the only company that astroturfs here...

rokkerkory

Amazing post. Pls come again. Lol

klodeckel

Banned

pile_of_shit2cfr5.gif

p3tran

Banned

here we go
aU5AwHx.gif

You can't see it but I'm shaking my head right now.

EBE

best worst post in this thread? yeah.

That's an excellent way of putting it. I always get a kick out of console fans who act hardcore.
You could apply that same logic to any PC gamers who don't have the very latest video cards. If they were serious they'd get the absolute latest stuff right?

Everybody wants the best graphics and performance they can get on their platform of choice. I don't know why anybody would find that surprising, especially on GAF, and especially considering all of the resolution and framerate and Digital Foundry comparison threads around here.

abadguy

Banned
I will be buying a new PC in about six or seven months when the cost/performance ratio against the PS4 starts lining up better.

Been a PC gamer as well, all my life. No stranger to that! I have been building PC's since the first ATI Rage launched with MechWarrior II.

Meanwhile, as far as consoles are concerned, not clunky, cumbersome PC's, the price needs to come down, for me, this is no killer app when viewed against what ps4 has coming.

The Kayle!

Yeah we get it you really, really, wuv your PS4. Why don't you go play it, or at least go into a thread about a PS4 exclusive instead of shitting up this one with your fanboyish nonsense.

rrc1594

200.gif

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

f-p.gif

The_Monk

I think that we should not derail a thread by quoting one single post. I've seen some polite and mature discussion and to be honest that's the best kind of discussions this fine Community can have. It's okay to post a opinion but there are ways to do it and other ways. Just my two cents.

I do not have a Xbox One, yet I feel pretty hyped for this game. I'm scrolling and seeing many FORZA-GAF friendly faces from when I played a lot of FORZA 4 and Horizon and others who are interested and never played the first one. The fact that I don't have the financial means to own a Xbox One and play a lot F5 and Horizon 2 does not mean I'm not happy for those that can. In fact, I'm pretty happy and excited for them and I can't wait to see some discussion and GAF races too, in the future.

No Love

Banned

This guy has to be a Sony shill. He just has to be. I love my PS4 but I'm still excited as hell for FH2.

Proselytise, brother! Sheesh.

The Flash

Banned
I think that we should not derail a thread by quoting one single post. I've seen some polite and mature discussion and to be honest that's the best kind of discussions this fine Community can have. It's okay to post a opinion but there are ways to do it and other ways. Just my two cents.

I do not have a Xbox One, yet I feel pretty hyped for this game. I'm scrolling and seeing many FORZA-GAF friendly faces from when I played a lot of FORZA 4 and Horizon and others who are interested and never played the first one. The fact that I don't have the financial means to own a Xbox One and play a lot F5 and Horizon 2 does not mean I'm not happy for those that can. In fact, I'm pretty happy and excited for them and I can't wait to see some discussion and GAF races too in the future.

You're right. We need to stop cluttering this thread with that quote.

Glad this was announced today instead of E3. i hate racing games.

The world continues to surprise me everyday. How can you hate an entire genre of gamess? Not even a single of the countless racers appeal to you?

It's okay, lean on my shoulder. I will burden the hurt.

Most of the people here (as in those in a Forza thread that are looking forward to it) have probably at least heard of every single one of those cars. ;)
I knew I should've listed some prototypes xD.

The Kayle!

My best friend is (insert minority here)!

Ran Ran

He even hash tagged it..

I'm dead lol

Hawk269

I do not have a Xbox One, yet I feel pretty hyped for this game. I'm scrolling and seeing many FORZA-GAF friendly faces from when I played a lot of FORZA 4 and Horizon and others who are interested and never played the first one. The fact that I don't have the financial means to own a Xbox One and play a lot F5 and Horizon 2 does not mean I'm not happy for those that can. In fact, I'm pretty happy and excited for them and I can't wait to see some discussion and GAF races too, in the future.

I agree. I know I came off pretty rough in my reply to his post, but just pisses me off how people shit on games because it is not on their preferred platform.

Since we are getting screen shots and I think video, should we ask this one to be closed and start a new? I guess it is up to Bish and his crew to decide stuff like this. Perhaps a OT for Forza Horizon 2?

AdamMPSP

Forza Horizon was a great surprise for me. A spiritual successor to the open world gameplay of Burnout Paradise in a way that the Criterion Need for Speed games somehow always bungled a bit. I'll be there day one. If I didn't already have an xbox one, this would make me buy one.

TheKayle

Banned

The Kayle!

from what u wrote i think that the only way for you to buy an xbox one would be if kaz hirai ask u to do it...se lets close this here ..theres nothing more to add

Gestault

Seems a weird move by Microsoft. I'm only one person, but if it was an X1 exclusive it probably would have been the game to get me to buy one. Now, I'll probably buy the 360 version and get the X1 version when there's more I want on the console and it's cheaper.

This sounds like the sort of behavior that would be among their ideal responses to the announcements?

Hawk269

Forza Horizon was a great surprise for me. A spiritual successor to the open world gameplay of Burnout Paradise in a way that the Criterion Need for Speed games somehow always bungled a bit. I'll be there day one. If I didn't already have an xbox one, this would make me buy one.

It was to me as well. It was made so well and visually it looked pretty amazing for something open world. The day/night cycle was just incredible and there some areas of the games that just look amazing at night (the dam in particular). The fact that they are adding weather to it is a great thing.

from what u wrote i think that the only way for you to buy an xbox one would be if kaz hirai ask u to do it...se lets close this here ..theres nothing more to add

No I'm buying one eventually, for $299, whenever that happens. Just saying this game won't be enough to make me grab one at $399 plus Live subscription, at this time, due to power gap.

I've owned every console ever made so far. Except Wii U.

Anyway, please carry on about the game.

Top Bottom