• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

amar212

Fanatec CSR Elite user here and my comment is...

CROSSGEN YES!

Thank you Microsoft!

My setup will be so happy at the end of the year!

Best news imaginable. Great!

Sorry all crossgen haters, but many of us who shelled few hundreds for our X360 setups are probably very happy with this news :)

GlamFM

Banned

Wild guess:

e3-2012_4bal.jpg

What's wrong with cross gen? They're not letting the 360 die for those fans. Sounds great to me. Can't wait for this game. Drive Club has comp now.

arhra

Limits ambitions.

Exactly what ambitions are being limited here?

It's an open-world racing game with a full day/night cycle and weather system.

Besides shinier graphics (which they can do anyway for the XB1 version), what exactly would they be doing differently if it was XB1-only?

VaizardNL

Banned
Ugh at people moaning about Crossgen. You hear constant brabbling about MS instantly dropping the support for the original xbox (and even 360) and when they do keep the support it is a stupid idea?

As long as they can can create a great game I really don't see the issue.

Cannot wait for this man. Surprised by the setting, southern europe is kind of vague though, no real "textbook" definition there. Could mean Italy, Malta, Spain, Balkans. I feel like MS maybe should cry that they made it cross gen, since everyone just spent a week saying they'd upgrade, but not sure why everyone here would be upset. Either you upgrade anyway, because you want to anyway, or you play it on 360, and you saved yourself £350.

blakep267

FH2 was never going to be a system seller. It's a game that makes the system more enticing when you include it with halo and sunset overdrive but not alone. And the graphics, features etc will probably be different.

I heard that a lot of people were disappointed that Forza Horizon 2 is coming to XBOX 360 and XBOX One, that means it will be a cross-generation title.
But, listen people, I think there will be two game engines, one is the previous engine of the Forza XBOX 360 titles and the current engine of Forza Motorsport 5.

Don't get too disappointed, okay?

shandy706

You have to ask?

Both games need to be similar in scope for the last gen version to even sell. It limits what the games can do, with the exception of maybe having better graphics on the Xbox One version.

It pretty much confirms it'll be more of Forza Horizon, with better graphics on the Xbox One.

There are very few games that aren't just better graphics...that could have been last-gen.

Infamous:SS, Killer Instinct, etc...could have been last gen if it wasn't for an uptick in "graphics" and/or particles/effects.

Scale was freaking huge in Horizon 1....sooo

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Releasing no more 360 games was bad right up until they announced one.

Day one anyhow.

YES! I might get both versions, just because. I presume the 360 version is based on the modified Horizon engine, and the Xbox One version on the modified Forza 5 engine. Could Croatia be featured in the game or is it just general fantasy version of Southern Europe?

New Horizon? Weather system? Drivatar (well, not really hyped for that one, but whatever)? In southern Europe?

Looks great, but I'm not pla-

in development for (...) Xbox 360 and due for release this fall.

747.jpg

Now THIS I didn't expect.

CHOO-CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS, GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE HYPE TRAIN!

clockpunk

Just a shame a 360 port of Dead Rising 3 doesn't seem to be in the cards...

But back to Horizon 2, I only hope a Spyker or two might make it into this game! And since it is set in Europe, might just be a chance for that to come about.

Daemul

You see this Microsoft?

Tbh, most of us 360 users won't upgrade until Halo 5 or the next Gears come out, so Forza Horizon 2 being next gen only or cross gen won't really make a difference, though it would get a lot of the dedicated Forza Horizon 1 fans to upgrade, assuming they haven't already upgraded of course.

keit4

Banned
Damn, some people are trying so hard to spin this announcement into bad news.

The game being cross gen is a strange decision but i can't see how it can be bad news.

So you think Microsoft, a company known for completely dropping it's prior console and not thought to have any 360 games in development was making a 360 game and just bumped it up to Xbone? This screams, "We need to sell as many copies as possible, make that new Forza game 360 as well" to me.

DD

Fanatec CSR Elite user here and my comment is...

CROSSGEN YES!

Thank you Microsoft!

My setup will be so happy at the end of the year!

Best news imaginable. Great!

Sorry all crossgen haters, but many of us who shelled few hundreds for our X360 setups are probably very happy with this news :)

New Horizon? Weather system? Drivatar (well, not really hyped for that one, but whatever)? In southern Europe?

Looks great, but I'm not pla-

in development for (...) Xbox 360 and due for release this fall.

747.jpg

Now THIS I didn't expect.

CHOO-CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS, GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE HYPE TRAIN!

We share the same happiness, guys! I'm so happy to be able to play it on my 360! \o\

chepu

X360

HYPE

IM SAVING 399$

#WIN

Weird choice, but makes me reaally really happy, because I cant afford an XBone :(

cross gen games makes me worry, not about things like visuals but other cpu related things, stuff has to work in both games on both systems and that means getting everything working on lower spec first.

Yoday

This is the first time I can recall a first party published game being cross gen that wasn't a remaster that came out much later. It is very strange for a first party game to be cross gen when they are trying to sell their new system.

kpaadet

People complained how MS stopped supporting the orginal Xbox and moved right onto 360. Now, MS have a new console and are still going to support the 360, at least for this game, and people complain.

I hate people.

MS barely supported the 360 in its twilight years, it just seems strange they are doing it now when they want people to buy an Xbox One.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Don't see the problem with it being cross gen, I would buy a Xbox One port of Horizon 1 instantly let alone a sequel. So glad this was announced, really looking forward to some gameplay!

Exactly what ambitions are being limited here?

It's an open-world racing game with a full day/night cycle and weather system.

Besides shinier graphics (which they can do anyway for the XB1 version), what exactly would they be doing differently if it was XB1-only?

Day/Night?

Isn't it the weather only?

Top Bottom