• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

H3xum

Was expecting cross gen, but, not Drivatar....

I'm not happy about that :( It was what kept me from getting deep with 5.

Yes, people drive like idiots in games. I am not one of them, however, now I have to adopt to their play style so I can excel.

Not even worried about cross gen. I have full faith in playground 10 to put something beautiful on xbone.
That's the problem. By making it cross gen they are almost certainly creating a situation where the only advantage the XB1 version will have is looks and performance. Cross gen stifles the creativity that is normally given life with new hardware.

shandy706

Not even a year, and already two forza games.. That honestly is pretty pathetic.

IySPC.gif

Your post is pretty pathetic...if you can't tell by other responses.

Raist

Banned
People complained how MS stopped supporting the orginal Xbox and moved right onto 360. Now, MS have a new console and are still going to support the 360, at least for this game, and people complain.

I hate people.

I think the problem is more that they stopped support for the 360 ages ago, and now out of nowhere they make this one a cross-gen title.

I don't agree....

You only have to look through this thread at people who've already said 'there goes my XB1 purchase'. What's MS' expected sales meant to be for the b-offering of a franchise a year into its newest console? Can't be high, neigh, higher than what they expected to shift with an XB1 exclusive games + consoles.

jabuseika

Wait...whats the problem with crossgen?

You have to ask?

Both games need to be similar in scope for the last gen version to even sell. It limits what the games can do, with the exception of maybe having better graphics on the Xbox One version.

It pretty much confirms it'll be more of Forza Horizon, with better graphics on the Xbox One.

Solidsoul

Banned
I miss when we could just get excited for new games, because they were new games and we wanted to play them.

Don't we have anything better to add to the conversation other than, "It's Cross-Gen."

Who cares?

A good game is a good game.

Certinty

I'm glad they're focusing this one around a music festival again, somehow they pulled it off with the first one amazingly well so no reason to ditch something that works.

With the weather system in place all I really hope for is that this time round it's actually an open world, rather than open road which is what the first was.

Also a bit disappointed in the name, could have replaced 'Horizon' with someone else for this one I reckon.

Was expecting cross gen, but, not Drivatar....

I'm not happy about that :( It was what kept me from getting deep with 5.

Yes, people drive like idiots in games. I am not one of them, however, now I have to adopt to their play style so I can excel.

Same here, I cant play Forza 5 because of drivatars, terrible.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Cross-generation is a bummer.

This game was probably already in the works for 360 and is now getting a bump to Xbox One. Anxious to see gameplay footage though.

Ran Ran

I dig the box art.

Dat Lambo

Wonder how long this has been in development? If Turn 10 is having to help then it must not be that long.

njean777

I don't know why all of you are angry they are supporting the 360, at least this time they are, and not dropping the system like they did with the original xbox.

Ty4on

When you have ten times as many 360s as XB1s it doesn't seem that strange to me that it's a cross-gen game.

Sold. There are far from 70 million 360s still being played on and SW sales for the 360 have fallen off a cliff lately.

lol cross gen is the ultimate hype killer. No wonder they announced it before E3.

I'm sure it will still be a great game though!

I miss when we could just get excited for new games, because they were new games and we wanted to play them.

Don't we have anything better to add to the conversation other than, "It's Cross-Gen."

Who cares?

A good game is a good game.
You're surprised that people on GAF want games from first party devs that are designed for the new hardware they just released?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So does anyone have a list of leaks that ntkrnl let loose? I don't feel like digging for it right now but I would like to see what left in the list that hasn't been officially announced yet.

Hystzen

So instead of trying get 360 userbase to upgrade to new X1 they just playing it safe and whacking the game on both

Odd choice

Top Bottom