• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Dabanton

Sounds like some firefighting is needed on the crossgen revelation asap.

I can already see what this thread mainly going to be about..

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm not really worried about a first party cross gen. They're probably going to take better care of making the XB1 version as good as they can. More so than a third party.

Jamesways

Awesome! Loved the first one. Surprised like others that it's for both.

My unpopular opinion- thank god it's not set in the deep south in the US. That rumor turned me off of the game immediately.
Driving around swamps in nothing but muscle cars? Not my cup of tea.
Driving around southern Europe in Ferraris, Audis, BMWs, Mercs, RUFs, and Lambos, perfect!

Weather? Fantastic!

Raist

Banned
What the fuck is going on today.

Did everyone go like "hey guys, E3 is next week. QUICK. ANNOUNCE EVERYTHING NOW"

xrnzaaas

Spectacular news. First Forza Horizon delivered more fun than all recent NfS games combined. And I like the new setting as well... it's good to leave the US once in a while. ;)

stawnkald

Well, unless the 360 version is different, or super terrible, that announcement saves me $400. At least at this moment in time.

Dave_6

I absolutely loved the first one so this is a no-brainer for me. Guess I will be purchasing an Xbone in a few months.

shandy706

"In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2."

Sweet Jesus!

Necessary Horizon 1(360) .gif
ibebbp8vDg2Zuo.gif

Daemul

I think it's cross gen for PR purposes, if 360 users see that MS is not abandoning them yet, they will feel as if MS still care about them, making them more likely to pick up a XBO later on. There's a business term for this which I'm struggling to remember at the moment.

besada

Banned
When you have ten times as many 360s as XB1s it doesn't seem that strange to me that it's a cross-gen game.

gtj1092

Hedging their bets. Make since too because horizon is not as big as Forza proper and probably needs a broader base to sell to. Does this game now get removed from list wars?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wow, didn't expect cross gen from a first party. I would've thought they'd be going for a "next gen" release, but looks like they'll have to hold back.

Cross-gen is weird considering MS didn't even make a 360 ver. for Crimson Dragon.

Well, can't fault MS for supporting their old platforms. That's a good thing, not bad.

GlamFM

Banned
If you refuse to make next gen games than why THE FUCK did you sell us those boxes.

Hype went from through the roof to ZERO in .3 seconds.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think we have to deal with these cross-gen games for at least 1 more year. Loved Forza Horizon so this is day 1!

Just... Don't swarm it with shite music and microtransactions this time around, please. I DID like the first one, but this had better eschew the problems it had.

Hasney

You never know, cross-gen might be the best thing for it. If they aim for 30fps on 360, they might just be able to pull out 60 on XB1. That's my dream anyway.

When you have ten times as many 360s as XB1s it doesn't seem that strange to me that it's a cross-gen game.

This. Besides, was Horizon ever a system seller? Makes sense to market it next-gen considering that it might not be quite the mover that GAF thinks it is.

Akai__

But isn't it counter productive? Like why not make a Xbox One and Forza Horizon 2 bundle to boost the sales, now that the Xbox One is 399$ (without Kinect) anyways?

FrankT

"In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2."

Sweet Jesus!

Nice. Fine with cross gen as long as the X1 is the looker.

Top Bottom