• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Septimus

360 for me. What a curious decision though. This won't help get Xbones off the shelf.

Where's the damn trailer? Just a text announcement??

Bgamer90

Banned
So Horizon handles more arcadey right? I'm not really in to the sim stuff.

Yep though you can make it feel more similar to Motorsport if you want it to be.

I am very pumped for the game but the 360 version really surprised me. Wonder what the differences will be.

Adry9

Hate when they say Southern Europe. Like, Southern Europe where? That location doesn't tell me anything. When they announced the first one they said Colorado, not center of the US, because that could be Kansas, Nebraska Oklahoma..., no, they where specific. Well, Europe is even more diverse, Portugal is very different from Spain, wich is different from what France looks like and none of them match with Italy. Yet, they are all Southern Europe. So I hope they will give us a real location during E3.

Can understand the reasoning for cross gen but I can't say I'm not disappointed. We have just had the longest generation of all time, it's reached a impasse here, you have that 360 install base but then you have the new box capable of much more and want that install base to grow. The PS2 had incredible numbers, I could be wrong but I don't remember this many cross gen games heading into a year of the 360's release.

I think it's cross gen for PR purposes, if 360 users see that MS is not abandoning them yet, they will feel as if MS still care about them, making them more likely to pick up a XBO later on. There's a business term for this which I'm struggling to remember at the moment.

Shitting your pants to fit in

I'll probably get this with a new console purchase

That console will be a 360. Loved the first horizon, sold Xbox shortly after

lefantome

anthemkeyarthorizontalv2rgbjpg-dcff4a_610w.jpg

This smells like Tuscany! fuck yeah!

tuscany.jpg

Axass

Yet another check for ntkrnl's list of leaks.

Hope that Platinum game [Project Nagano] will be a timed excusive.

graboids

starting to worry I took next Monday off to watch 4 press conferences recapping previously announced games... hope they are saving some new stuff for the shows...

I never got into Horizon 1, played the demo and liked it but when I got the retail release I could never get into the driving, guess I am too used to Burnout/NFS... but I'll give FH2 a shot...

Their engine for the first Horizon was so good it kind of makes me wonder if it was ready built for scaling to next gen consoles. That would make the cross gen part a lot easier to do.

All this crossgen stuff makes me wonder why I bothered to buy new consoles.

Really? I bet the Xbox One version looks markedly better.

Mugatu

When your console has no exclusive games it's never going to catch up, either.

I don't agree - if the same games from now on released on all current gen and last gen consoles, meaning every PS4 game also came on PS3 and every XBO game also came on the 360 people would still rather have the better experience the new consoles provide.

The last gen are huge cash cows for MS and Sony, to abandon them would be foolish and to think that the only way people would upgrade is to ignore the way technology adoption has always worked and also to assume that the only reason people would upgrade is because they are forced to by forced obsolescence.

GameSeeker

Cross-gen??? That is a surprise. I'm going to guess that the gameplay is identical between 360/Xbox One, with the graphics being the only difference (and maybe the lack of wheel support on the Xbox One compared to the 360). The IGN articles says we get a full preview tomorrow, so we should get more info.

besada

Banned
But isn't it counter productive? Like why not make a Xbox One and Forza Horizon 2 bundle to boost the sales, now that the Xbox One is 399$ (without Kinect) anyways?
It is if you see FH2 as a system seller and you don't have any other games in the pipe to sell your system. I don't think either of those apply here.

Jamie OD

Not even a year, and already two forza games.. That honestly is pretty pathetic.

How? One is a launch game and the other is different enough to justify existing as a spin off. If this was Forza 6 I'd somewhat agree with you that it's too soon but the first Horizon was great.

LilJoka

Not even a year, and already two forza games.. That honestly is pretty pathetic.

Its 2 different teams making 2 completely different Forza games. One is purely arcade and one is more simcade. Turn 10 make Forza 5, Playground make Horizon.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Pretty crazy that they announced this right before E3

They are getting every single thing that could be construed as bad news out of the way. Announcing a first party crossgen title on stage at E3 does more harm than good honestly. If Phil recognized this then good on him.

sense

remember yusuf said there are a lot of happy 360 owners who are happy with it and not ready to upgrade so this is for them :)

People complained how MS stopped supporting the orginal Xbox and moved right onto 360. Now, MS have a new console and are still going to support the 360, at least for this game, and people complain.

I hate people.

Top Bottom