• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Ok guys, just my two cents here.

I've played about 8-ish hours of the full release on XBO and maybe 30 mins on PC (i7 3770k, SSD, 8GB, GTX 1070). Random thoughts...

• This is, without a doubt, the most fun I've had with a racer since Burnout Paradise.
  • It's really really pretty. :)
  • There are something like 9 radios stations and I found all of them to be filled with great dirving music. My fav is the classical station.
  • There are a ton of settings in the PC version so be ready to tinker around to find what works for your system because Ultra settings ate my 1070 alive. (running at 1080P)
  • It just feels soooo good to drive the trucks/jeeps/warthog/buggies off-road. Love it!
  • The difference between the XBO version vs the PC on High, to me, is negligible. The frame rate was all over the place on PC, so I ended up dropping to medium. It still looks great btw!

Does the savegame work between pc and Xbox one ?
Or is it sepperate ?

louiedog

Hang on a second, how are people playing this already?

I have the UE on X1 and clicking on the icon it just says hat I am too early!

I am in the UK btw.

It's always midnight somewhere.

NhRGO8G.jpg

HeliosT10

Personal friends of Helios and also those that call him a cool guy.

I have no idea, I am at work.. Magic?

Game is already released in territories where it has passed midnight such as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

AsakuraZ

Man Im slipping, for some reason I thought this said it would release on the 24th, not 9pm tonight! I get to squeeze some actual game time in before exams next week. So hyped!

Also any word of getting the Logitech Driving Force GT on the wheel supported list? Would really love to play this game with a wheel but don't really have the money to drop on another wheel again.

ToiJu

I'm so pissed at Amazon. Now I won't get the Ultimate Edition until fucking Monday cause dude told me that they weren't offering release date delivery on this game. So he bumped me to one day shipping but I don't understand why I wouldn't get it at least on Saturday.....thinking I'll just cancel and buy the DLC later. It's only a one day difference then.
I'm so fucking pissed at Microsoft. None of the stores here have the Ultimate Edition in stock but loads of standard edition and they don't know when they are getting them, some suggesting they'll get them on the 30th. So I pay for early access but actually get late access.

First one to suggest buying digital volunteers to buy me 100$ worth of Microsoft cards. I want the disc and the steelbook.

RoKKeR

Seriously, it would be a fantastic bundle that would move units.

They need to let the game sell on its own merit and generate some revenue from software sales. Once it tapers off, throwing it in a bundle would likely help to move units given it's strong (and assumedly continued) word of mouth.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When you sack whoever it was caused it, I don't mind moving down to Leamington to take their place ;)

They based in leamington? I guess they'd have a lot of ex Codies then?

Quick - buy all the cars..

Edit: although I juts upgraded to the ultimate, I probably won't play until the weekend. Maybe squeeze in a short session on PC to try it out

Diancecht

How can I change my region to buy games on the PC? I have never used Microsoft Store apart from buying QB and Horizon is bloody expensive in here.

I'm so fucking pissed at Microsoft. None of the stores here have the Ultimate Edition in stock but loads of standard edition and they don't know when they are getting them, some suggesting they'll get them on the 30th. So I pay for early access but actually get late access.

First one to suggest buying digital volunteers to buy me 100$ worth of Microsoft cards. I want the disc and the steelbook.

You should've preordered.

Impulsor

I have a samsung UE55KS9000 and when playing forza horizon 3 it goes into hdr mode but it seems that the briughtness is too low.

Anyone experiencing this?=

OT is beautiful, wonderful job OP.

Forza Horizon has been consistently the most stand-out racing series I've been playing the last few years. If Horizon 3 takes all of the promise on show from the demo to the full package, I'm going to elevate Playground Games to one of my top tier developers. I mean, I suppose they kind of already deserve it, but racing is not usually my top genre (though I enjoy the genre just fine) and they're seemingly about to crank a GOTY candidate out in a year where I've personally been blown away in my usual genres of interest outside of racing.

Has anyone noticed that newegg.com has the ulitmate edition code for 89.99, however it only states Xbox One. Has anyone purchased this from their site and was able to get both the xbox and pc versions?

I spoke to a rep and they said it's platform specific? So because it states Xbox One it will only provide the xbox one edition? I find that hard to believe but don't want to take the risk.

Chemist

Neo Member
How can I change my region to buy games on the PC? I have never used Microsoft Store apart from buying QB and Horizon is bloody expensive in here.

I was also wondering about this, the instructions list specifically for a console but has anyone done it on the windows pc store?

eek5

Has anyone noticed that newegg.com has the ulitmate edition code for 89.99, however it only states Xbox One. Has anyone purchased this from their site and was able to get both the xbox and pc versions?

I spoke to a rep and they said it's platform specific? So because it states Xbox One it will only provide the xbox one edition? I find that hard to believe but don't want to take the risk.

Physical is XBOX only. Need to get digital version to get play anywhere/PC code.

Sequiel

Banned
I was also wondering about this, the instructions list specifically for a console but has anyone done it on the windows pc store?

Change your Windows region to Australia and your Microsoft Account location to Australia.

Buy $140AUD in Microsoft Gift Cards and redeem them to play the game.

I was stupid enough to buy USD instead of AUD and M$ doesn't allow currency conversions in your account, so I had to buy the US version which releases tomorrow, but I think you can play right now buying from Australia in AUD.

For a new page:

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.

Quote this post to see the link and then add in your info!

is the ultimate edition the only version thats currently available for pre load? is it possible to upgrade from the deluxe to the ultimate edition?

Majine

Banned
If Microsoft is serious about the PC... they have to fix the fucking Store. Nintendos stores are better than this.

Top Bottom