• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

HeliosT10

I have an i7 4790k with a 1070 as well and the same problems. Doesn't matter what detail level. Random framerate drops for no apparent reason.

If you're suffering from stuttering can you try enabling "prefer maximum performance" in the 3D tab in Nvidia control panel. This seems to have fixed the issue for some people

So there is no built in club mechanic like the last game? I always enjoyed earning points for the GAF club and climbing the leaderboards. I assume we have to wait for the next OS update to join new clubs?

HeliosT10

I have an i7 4790K, 16GB RAM and 980 Ti all overclocked. I would expect there to be some game updates. Also, there is an Nvidia driver out for FH3. Make sure you download that as well. I run Apex on ultra at 4K at 60-50FPS avg with some dips into the mid 40's.

@HeliosT10, any word on the FFB issues experienced on Fanatec/Logitech hardware by reviewers? Ars Technica's review mentions this.

We've made FFB improvements for the day one release of the game, and there are other areas we’re continuing to work on to improve FFB even more moving forward. We welcome the community’s feedback on what is currently in the full game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 so please let us know what you think.

Noobcraft

So there is no built in club mechanic like the last game? I always enjoyed earning points for the GAF club and climbing the leaderboards. I assume we have to wait for the next OS update to join new clubs?
There is a built in club mechanic just like Forza Horizon 2. There is also a dashboard level club system coming that's currently in preview, but can be accessed through the "Xbox (beta)" windows 10 app on PC for those not in the preview. The dashboard level club "ForzaGAF" is currently more focused on helping people find parties to play with or to share screenshots, chat, or whatever in the feed. In the future it will hopefully help accommodate tournaments and things for ForzaGAF.

DarkestHour

Banned
Just purchased the Ultimate Edition on PC. Bummer we don't get those car packs, but no big deal! Have an Acer XB271HU showing up tomorrow. Gonna be a great Friday!!

There is a built in club mechanic just like Forza Horizon 2. There is also a dashboard level club system coming that's currently in preview, but can be accessed through the "Xbox (beta)" windows 10 app on PC for those not in the preview.

So who is running the built in clubs then? I wanted to get in on some GAF action.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just purchased the Ultimate Edition on PC. Bummer we don't get those car packs, but no big deal! Have an Acer XB271HU showing up tomorrow. Gonna be a great Friday!!

why don't you get the car packs? You mean the preorder bonus ones, or the 42 cars over the next 6-7 months? Surely you must still get those because if you also play on xbox it would need to have parity of content to sync save data properly

But it was mentioned that the Win10 Fanatec support will be expanded in the very near future (pretty sure).

The source link I posted mentions "Late September" and this post 10 days later says...

While not found in the Xbox One demo, many of these improvements will be present in the full version of Forza Horizon 3, on PC and Xbox One, when Forza Horizon 3 launches with early access on September 23. In addition, we’ll have support for additional wheels beyond the Apex wheel list that was previously announced.
They don't specify what those additional wheels are, so I stuck with the confirmed list. I'd really love to know if the DFGT works because I don't feel like dropping 200+ on a wheel right now.

Finally! Just got my order confirmation that my Amazon Ultimate edition shipped. Was getting worried it would make it here this weekend. Hopefully I do get it tomorrow since it does seem like it shipped pretty late. Oh well, I should have it by Saturday at the latest. Can't wait to play!

DarkestHour

Banned
why don't you get the car packs? You mean the preorder bonus ones, or the 42 cars over the next 6-7 months? Surely you must still get those because if you also play on xbox it would need to have parity of content to sync save data properly

The pre-order car packs are only for Xbox One.

The sudden closeness of FH3 and playing the demo last night reminded me that I spent too much time screwing around and never finished the Festival Finale in FH2. I preordered the physical copy, so thankfully I have a few days to wrap that up and get some "practice" in before FH3 hits Tuesday.

Dominator

The sudden closeness of FH3 and playing the demo last night reminded me that I spent too much time screwing around and never finished the Festival Finale in FH2. I preordered the physical copy, so thankfully I have a few days to wrap that up and get some "practice" in before FH3 hits Tuesday.
If you got the Ultimate physically it still releases tomorrow FYI

dcassell

Banned
Anybody have impressions on how this game will run on a 970 for PC people? Impressions that a 1070 had to run it on medium makes me nervous to buy the game, though I hope I can at least lock it at 30 and run it on the TV in my living room.

So, btw, if I want to join the Forza GAF club can I do it through the Xbox app on the PC, or do I need to go in-game to do it? I can't seem to find groups on the app, can only create one.

Anybody have impressions on how this game will run on a 970 for PC people? Impressions that a 1070 had to run it on medium makes me nervous to buy the game, though I hope I can at least lock it at 30 and run it on the TV in my living room.

Found this video with someone running a 970, looks to be running at close to 60fps - hard to tell what the settings are as the video is Korean.

Apparently the latest Nvidia driver give a pretty big boost to FH3 performance.

paskowitz

We've made FFB improvements for the day one release of the game, and there are other areas we’re continuing to work on to improve FFB even more moving forward. We welcome the community’s feedback on what is currently in the full game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 so please let us know what you think.

Thanks for the reply! Will do. Can we adjust FFB settings in game?

The big thing is to give the user some options. IMO Assetto Corsa is a good example of how to give good options that aren't too complicated, while pCARS is an example of what not to do (like 40+ options... wat?).

The one thing that soooooo many racing games get wrong is on center feedback (for input just off center). Many wheels have a mechanical deadzone on center and if this isn't factored in in the FFB it is impossible point a car accurately which is frustrating to experts and casual players alike. NFS Shift had this like a PLAGUE! FM6 didn't really have this but Apex kinda does (although I haven't played them back to back in identical scenarios).

Finally, I doubt this will go anywhere because MS has licensing priorities, but please consider making wheel support on the PC more open. On PC there is no reason to limit the Fanatec CSW V2 to the Xbox Hub on PC (especially when it has a G27 mode which people will just use to make it work w/o buying a hub) or any other Fanatec or any other "big" brand wheel. iRacing would not exist if they did this. On console this is a totally different story because the expectation for a consistent user experience is much more important given the average user and the need for device security.

The car packs are for people who played Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6. You don't get cars on these games, you get cars from playing those games.

No, they're for Horizon 2 and Forza 6

Starting today, you can choose from one of three versions for Forza Horizon 3, available to everyone. Note that players who purchase any digital bundle of Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox will also receive two car packs available immediately for use in previous Forza games – the Rockstar Energy Car Pack from Forza Horizon 2 and the Meguiar’s Car Pack from Forza Motorsport 6.

RE4PRR

Found this video with someone running a 970, looks to be running at close to 60fps - hard to tell what the settings are as the video is Korean.

Apparently the latest Nvidia driver give a pretty big boost to FH3 performance.

I run this 50-60+ fps on 3440x1440 with one 1080 ultra which includes 4xmsaa, a 1070 will be perfectly fine for 1440p and under.

U2NUMB

So I am a bit worried.. got home and updated my console and it is not coming back up. Just a flashing xbox icon on the front of my S. Has been like this for 10+ min.

I swear to god if an update to my console fucked it right now I am going to drive to MS and slap people like crazy.

Game should have unlocked 8 hours ago for me. Still nothing. Hope its fixed before i get home from work.
This might seem like a dumb question but you've tried just launching it yeah? This morning i was getting frustrated thinking i had to pull an update, but then i just opened the app and it worked fine

Lego Boss

Really hope this game does well, we have like no Preorders here at my BBY

Wish my Game was open at midnight, l'd be there now.

Instead my bro is DL the digital UE,but is stuck at 9%

I kind of want to laugh, but he is a nightshift worker, so feel for him waiting for it to DL,even before unlocking

desu

When do you unlock the ingame club? I think I read at the 3rd festival but I am there and there is still no sign of the club mechanic.

Also game hangs in an infinite loop when trying to create a Bucketlist blueprint.

Hoping to play on Xbox One at midnight (UK time, not far off now) but my preview programme Xbox One is doing the world's slowest download for the dashboard update. I have 80Mbs fibre, but my Xbox is crawling at 500k.

Fingers crossed the PC version works okay.

Top Bottom