• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Yeah, the AI will upgrade to match you. Fast isn't necessarily what you want, and it can actually make the game harder.

I like to upgrade my favorite cars so they're ready for online, but that usually means bumping them up a couple classes at most. I don't just max everything out. The game is a lot of fun at 'slow' speeds.

I feel this Forzathon is too long for one weekend.

I tend to upgrade parts that help with handling and stability and then do as much tweaking to power as I can to keep it limited to a certain class, this way everything else might match your numbers but at least you can properly drive it to win lol

And ya lol just like above still missing some roads, I gave up no way I can spot the 2 I need >_<

SliChillax

Finally got all the online achievements so I don't have to play this piece of shit multiplayer anymore. Games like these are why I hate online and play solo only. First of all, what's with all the unnecessary waiting before races? Lot's of long screen of nothing just to get into a race. Second, what's the point of car classes if they're so meaningless? I can have a A800 car same as the next guy but his car will obliterate mine even in a straight line. Third, is becoming an asshole the only way to enjoy this game online? Why are there no penalties for people who constantly push you out, make you miss corners and checkpoints? Unless you're playing with friends, multiplayer is worthless in this game. Thank god for the solid solo experience.

xrnzaaas

I can have a A800 car same as the next guy but his car will obliterate mine even in a straight line.

I don't understand this complaint. Stock cars are very different in general. Add to that different parts you can buy to increase your rating and that you can tune your car to receive better results in certain situations (like better acceleration or higher top speed).

SliChillax

I don't understand this complaint. Stock cars are very different in general. Add to that different parts you can buy to increase your rating and that you can tune your car to receive better results in certain situations (like better acceleration or higher top speed).

Why even have classes? Just rank cars by their power to weight ratio or just power and handling. My AE86 with 7.6 top speed gets ranked in the same races with people with 4.5 speed. It's stupid.

terrible

Banned
The PI system not being balanced is a fair complaint. That's why it's a bit cheeky to use leaderboard cars in multiplayer races. Most cars in the lower classes that are tuned to be grippy will get destroyed by something tuned for raw power. Beats me how they could come up with a better system though since there are so many ways to tune a car and many situations where a good tune for one track is bad on another, it'd be really hard to get the PI system perfect.

danowat

Banned
Why even have classes? Just rank cars by their power to weight ratio or just power and handling. My AE86 with 7.6 top speed gets ranked in the same races with people with 4.5 speed. It's stupid.

But would your 7.6 AE86 be able to stick with the 4.5 cars (with better handling) on a tight and twisty track?

The PI system not being balanced is a fair complaint. That's why it's a bit cheeky to use leaderboard cars in multiplayer races. Most cars in the lower classes that are tuned to be grippy will get destroyed by something tuned for raw power. Beats me how they could come up with a better system though since there are so many ways to tune a car, it'd be really hard to get the PI system perfect.

I think the issue with it is that the PI system is based on an AI driver driving round an arbitrary test track, if the PI was adjusted dynamically based on the track you are racing it would be more accurate, but that would come with a whole other raft of issues.

I don't think there is a better system, at least not in any games that have gone before, unless you have spec racing where the upgrades have to be within certain bounds, being able to level the playing field with such a large range of cars and potential upgrades is impossible.

rager

Banned
I want this game so bad but I dont want to buy an xbox one just for this one game (I have no interest in any first party xbox titles) and I will have to drastically upgrade my pc to play it.

:(

terrible

Banned
But would your 7.6 AE86 be able to stick with the 4.5 cars (with better handling) on a tight and twisty track?

I think the issue with it is that the PI system is based on an AI driver driving round an arbitrary test track, if the PI was adjusted dynamically based on the track you are racing it would be more accurate, but that would come with a whole other raft of issues.

I don't think there is a better system, at least not in any games that have gone before, unless you have spec racing where the upgrades have to be within certain bounds, being able to level the playing field with such a large range of cars and potential upgrades is impossible.

Yeah it'd have to be completely dynamic in order for it to be improved and I'm getting a headache just thinking about how complex that would be to program for, especially in the Horizon series. It probably could be worked out in Motorsport since you tend to just race one track at a time but with how the online championship stuff works in Horizon you'd have to switch between cars constantly and it'd be a trainwreck of loading and wait times.

As it is now it's fine imo. Yeah there'll always be a few people that run leaderboard cars in a race running away from the pack but you can still battle it out with everyone else if you don't want to use a leaderboard car yourself. There's nothing wrong with not finishing 1st but I totally understand why it'd annoy someone.

An easy solution for those that want everything to be 100% fair would be to have lobbies where everyone is forced to use the same car pretty much like you suggested.

Outrun

Finally got all the online achievements so I don't have to play this piece of shit multiplayer anymore. Games like these are why I hate online and play solo only. First of all, what's with all the unnecessary waiting before races? Lot's of long screen of nothing just to get into a race. Second, what's the point of car classes if they're so meaningless? I can have a A800 car same as the next guy but his car will obliterate mine even in a straight line. Third, is becoming an asshole the only way to enjoy this game online? Why are there no penalties for people who constantly push you out, make you miss corners and checkpoints? Unless you're playing with friends, multiplayer is worthless in this game. Thank god for the solid solo experience.

Not saying that you are wrong, but public lobby MP and assholism sort of go hand in hand...

xrnzaaas

Well that's where car types come in play (sports cars, muscle cars, suv's, track toys, 80s classics etc.). You have quite a lot of them and at least in singleplayer it works okay, because vehicles from the same group (and same class) have similar handling and performance (at least before you start upgrading and tuning them).

No, divisions aren't present in mp.

At least this game gives you a better indication of the tracks you'll be racing (dirt, street, mixed) than FH2 did.

DirtyLarry

Fired up the game about an hour ago as it has been a moment since I have played due to all of the other releases the past 2 weeks. I did some 4 race Championship that got me enough fans to unlock the next showcase event, and lo and behold I discovered it was the last showcase event. Credits rolled so I guess I technically "beat" the game, but according to the stats, I am only @ 31.2% Overall Completion. That is amazing.

I can say with utmost of certainty this is my GOTY. I should also say I do not bother with MP at all, so perhaps that is why based on the comments I am reading on just this page.

Noobcraft

Not sure about racing, but there isn't any classes in the public playground games, it's a free for all.
You can blueprint events at specific classes (A, B, C, etc.) in multiplayer lobbies for any type of event. It's kind of weird that you can't set up classes for single player races though. I'd love to see them flesh out the blueprint system in a future update to increase the options available.

Klocker

Started a new game recently and don't have much bonus money coming in... very challenging to level up this way but rewarding. The only bullshit is the spins..geezus, quit giving me crap cars that I don't want, give me the option to take the cash

Ridiculous

jbug617

Banned
Forza-Horizon-3-Expansion-Tease_XW.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
One last thing – as we all know, winter is coming and that means some less-than-ideal road conditions. Here is a peek at what you will be facing in the first Forza Horizon 3 expansion later this year:

3320cf09-5c21-495d-b014-7b477c1b4be4.gif

We are offering players a Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass available at $34.99 for discounted access to two future expansions. Ultimate Edition owners will receive a discount of $10 if purchased before the end of 2016. Be sure to stay tuned to ForzaMotorsport.net for more information!

Fucking. Bought.

danowat

Banned
I hope they don't pull a storm island, I'd prefer the expansion to be an extension of the map, rather than it's own special map.

Top Bottom