• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can't get the EFFING$*!!&!#*#* music to play from One drive now. Help.

Is there a fix in the thread anywhere? I have the right playlist selected. It's music I own, but keeps saying I need a Groove pass.

So frustrating.

What I did was, add the songs to my One Drive, then downloaded the app, then downloaded the app on the xbox one (I probably didn't have to) then it worked no problem. I just said no to the free trial/pass whatever.

dedhead54

The AI in this game is starting to piss me off. Seems super inconsistent and sometimes on average the car in first will be way out in front. I've played around with playing on different difficulties and it just seems wonky.

Off-road races can suck because the AI never has issues with losing control.

zorbsie

How does one start/participate a King/Flag Rush game mode??

Go into public free roam. Map filter: Playground events. Go to one of the event markers and start one. Or you can wait for someone else to set it up and just join after it's been set.

Thanks to the gang who came out tonight. Got all my Forzathon challenges done. I'll be on most of the day tomorrow if anyone needs an extra player to do the challenges with. Just send me a message and I'll hop over.

Just some stats I thought were interesting.

Only 17% of XBO players have finished the final showdown, and only 6% have upgraded all festival sites.

Wonder how the single player retention is on a game like this?, wonder how the multi / single player split is across the community.

10th most played game on Xbox Live right now (view most played in the Xbox store or in the store section of the Xbox app on PC). No numbers, just ranking of course, but considering some of the titles it's ahead of (Rocket League, FIFA 17, H5, Rainbow Six Siege), seems like a healthy amount of players are playing it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Go into public free roam. Map filter: Playground events. Go to one of the event markers and start one. Or you can wait for someone else to set it up and just join after it's been set.

Thanks to the gang who came out tonight. Got all my Forzathon challenges done. I'll be on most of the day tomorrow if anyone needs an extra player to do the challenges with. Just send me a message and I'll hop over.
Danke, gotta get them Halo horns.

danowat

Banned
Man alive, the online system is terrible.....

So I want to race king or flag, in the extreme track toy, rather than being able to search for a game, I have to join a game full of random people and either wait until one of them finds a needle in a haystack and starts the game I require, or start the game I require and wait till I find a needle in a haystick and someone joins the game.

Would a game browser system have been too hard to do?.

RawNuts

Was trying to do the forzathon stuff, failed miserably.
Seems like a lot of people are doing it given what they're driving, and they seem to be voting on the classes for it. It's "extreme off-road" though, not track toys; not sure if that's a typo or you're using the wrong vehicle class.

danowat

Banned
Seems like a lot of people are doing it given what they're driving, and they seem to be voting on the classes for it. It's "extreme off-road" though, not track toys; not sure if that's a typo or you're using the wrong vehicle class.

Yeah, I was using the wrong class like a dufus.

What's the easiest way to get the required race and class in an online free roam?

Also, if anyone is about tomorrow morning (say 7am GMT) and wants to do them, give me a shout.

zorbsie

Should I buy the F40 or F50?

cpl3U.jpg

I got the F50 first. :)

jesu

Yeah, I was using the wrong class like a dufus.

What's the easiest way to get the required race and class in an online free roam?

Also, if anyone is about tomorrow morning (say 7am GMT) and wants to do them, give me a shout.

You need to pick online adventure > custom adventure > games only
Don't bother with online free roam.

Lego Boss

Being able to completely design your own race routes, drift zones, jumps, etc seems like the next natural step after adding blueprints in this game. I'm actually surprised they didn't just do that in FH3, I'm guessing the AI might've made that tricky and adding editor tools would be a lot of work. That would add a lot of replay value with rivals and online play on top of that.

|Fucking drift zones. Just get rid of them already.

It's the only thing about this game I don't like.

LilJoka

I own an F40 and it's a great car. Fast, easy to drive, cool looking. :)

Got the F40 and here's a tune I came up with
27.5psi front back
-1.2, -1.5 camber
0.2,-0.4 toe
6.2 caster
17, 35 ARB
890, 1227 springs
5.6, 6.0 ride height
11.1, 16.4 rebound
5.9, 7.3 bump
85, 24 diff
A800, my GT Jasjeet Suri1, it's on my storefront too. I use a similar philosohy to most my setups, slightly loose back end and pointy front end.

Fox Mulder

I've been playing for like 50 hours and it still seems like there are a billion icons on the map to be done.

I don't even see the point in doing them. The game gives little incentive, as I already have hundreds of cars, millions of dollars, and it doesn't even toss an achievement at you or anything for doing it.

I was done after the last showcase event and street races.

Why not?, I rarely (read, never) play online, so I don't really know much about it

Games-only championships consist of four games, a random mix of Flag Rush, King and Infected.

You have no control over what you get, but you may get lucky. I didn't last time. Also, there's the added time of racing to the next championship.

You can get lucky there too, but it can also be like a 10-mile trip.

danowat

Banned
Games-only championships consist of four games, a random mix of Flag Rush, King and Infected.

You have no control over what you get, but you may get lucky. I didn't last time. Also, there's the added time of racing to the next championship.

Ugggh, couldn't make it simple could they......

Fox Mulder

I hate this.

Yeah. I mean, it's fine if you enjoy the playground games.

I don't really mind the setup for racing, but sometimes I do wish there was a lobby system where I could pick to race a particular championship type, such as Classic Muscle, GT Cars and so on.

danowat

Banned
Is there a buy to win car/tune for all the PR stunts? such as one for jumps, one for drifts, one for speed zones etc?

Not really, HE drift skill cars are pretty good for the drift ones, speed ones are easy, use a X999 car like the Keonigsegg One.

LilJoka

Oh I just did the last showcase
that was so boring!

It should have gone in this order
Last blimp
1st train
2nd boat
3rd jet

Or even swap boat and jet.

So what's a decent way to make some credits? Apart from that goliath race I keep reading.

terrible

Banned
|Fucking drift zones. Just get rid of them already.

It's the only thing about this game I don't like.

Other than the traffic I really like them. I wish there were more zones though. Would've been cool to have really long drift zones throughout the city or something.

I'm very very very far from being a good drifter but it's so easy and fun in Forza after learning basic drifting techniques while playing Assetto Corsa.

I already have the warthog and don't care about horns so this forzathon is meh but yeah, for FH4 they really need to work on better interfaces for online play. The whole "freeroam, adventures" thing is confusing and a great way when you don't care what you want to do, but if there are specific things to do - ie forzathon - they need interfaces that let you do exactly those things.

Its a bit surprising each forzathon item line doesn't have a "JOIN THIS EVENT" button, that lets you select the right car class and matchmakes you for that kind of event. Seems like a no brainer.

LilJoka

I already have the warthog and don't care about horns so this forzathon is meh but yeah, for FH4 they really need to work on better interfaces for online play. The whole "freeroam, adventures" thing is confusing and a great way when you don't care what you want to do, but if there are specific things to do - ie forzathon - they need interfaces that let you do exactly those things.

Its a bit surprising each forzathon item line doesn't have a "JOIN THIS EVENT" button, that lets you select the right car class and matchmakes you for that kind of event. Seems like a no brainer.

The entire menu system is very hard to understand imo, ive just figured out I can find tunes for my car in free roam via the community tab. And I've put over 30hrs into the game.
I don't even know how online works....

I like that the game doesn't hand hold you with unskippable tutorials etc, but the UI is quite large.

Any easy way to get the Forge? The closest I came was 2nd place only to have my flag stolen at the last few seconds.

Edit: Nevermind got lucky with king

KRaZyAmmo

Forza Week In Review 10-28-16
1219a0ae-194c-459e-bc8f-2f083c14bd3b.jpg

New Barn Find
In last week’s edition of the Week in Review, Mechberg teased a new addition coming to the game in November, something that we’d never done in the Forza Horizon series. Today we’ve got a bit more detail on that new addition. Alongside our new car pack arriving on Tuesday, we’re also adding a brand new barn find to the game! We’ll let the actual make and model stay a surprise for now but, look for the new barn find to be available for players once they have received the new content update in Forza Horizon 3, and after they have discovered at least the first barn find in the base game. Happy hunting!

Montresor

The #Forzathon stuff is amazing. Playground Studios are literally the only dev that have done something good with Challenge achievements.

They were initially the most stupid, and pointless, and I'd even say mean-spirited addition to Xbox achievements this gen. Zero-gamerscore, time-limited achievements that added literally nothing, other than encourage you to be an early adopter, and encourage you to not sell your game. Time-limited achievements for playing the game on day one: barf. Staggered schedules for time-limited achievements that stretched out for months and months: barf.

But Playground Studios have done the following:

1) Incorporated the Challenge achievements into the base game in a brilliant/organic fashion: The #Forzathon challenges/requirements/explanations are visible in-game with nifty menus, and all the radio station DJs actually talk about #Forzathon! They actually recorded dialogue for those DJs to hype up #Forzathon... pretty awesome.

2) Provided legitimate rewards for people going after the #Forzathon challenges, like credits, experience, car horns, actual cars, etc...

Good job from Playground all around.

steveovig

I'm not quite sure how to do the Forzathon stuff for the public games, etc. Is there an easy way to get into a public game or do I have to join a road trip or something?

Top Bottom