• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Thought I'd share this. I just drove the Great Ocean Road from West to East (and I'll be completing it again East West over the next couple of days) in my MX-5. Thought you might like the familiar setting;

eYfKO8b.jpg

Just for a second there I was like "damn, you're amazing at taking realistic FH3 photos". Haha!

What's the cheapest option for buying Forza Horizon 3 PC code nowadays? And should I look for some Deluxe/Ultimate edition, or is the base version of the game content rich enough for average player?

Man, shouldnt have went through this thread. Pretty sure Im going to pick this up Friday when I get paid and go grab Skyrim. Really liked H1 and H2, but just recently got a XBO S and only have picked up Gears 4, TF1, and Recore so far.

Looking forward to joining everyone! Hope its great!

Xater

Do we know what the upcoming challenges are for the next Forzathon?

Man, shouldnt have went through this thread. Pretty sure Im going to pick this up Friday when I get paid and go grab Skyrim. Really liked H1 and H2, but just recently got a XBO S and only have picked up Gears 4, TF1, and Recore so far.

Looking forward to joining everyone! Hope its great!

It's fantastic. I had I hopes, but I probably like it even more than I expected. Will be high on my year end list.

Footos22

Had to stop playing the game. Don't get me wrong it's pretty great but the map turns into assassins creed overwhelming events all over the place and that for some reason makes me not wanna put any more time into it. Prob due to lack of time and having an overwhelmelming desire to 100% everything. I don't have long to play these days so games that require you to put in huge amounts of time just put me off. So sold it on for 30 quid while the iron was still hot. The same happened to me on forza horizon 2 so not sure why I even got this game but o had fun with it and that's all that matters i suppose.

GlamFM

Banned
Had to stop playing the game. Don't get me wrong it's pretty great but the map turns into assassins creed overwhelming events all over the place and that for some reason makes me not wanna put any more time into it. Prob due to lack of time and having an overwhelmelming desire to 100% everything. I don't have long to play these days so games that require you to put in huge amounts of time just put me off. So sold it on for 30 quid while the iron was still hot. The same happened to me on forza horizon 2 so not sure why I even got this game but o had fun with it and that's all that matters i suppose.

LB is your friend, my friend.

zorbsie

There is a GAF club? i would like in if possible.

Well I'm assuming it's legit lol. I just searched 'GAF' and it came up.

There is a GAF car club. If you have clubs unlocked in game search for GAF and request to join. Send me a PM with your gamertag so I know who to are and I'll accept it.

And don't forget to add yourselves to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet. Quote to see the link.

frontieruk

There is a GAF car club. If you have clubs unlocked in game search for GAF and request to join. Send me a PM with your gamertag so I know who to are and I'll accept it.

And don't forget to add yourselves to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet. Quote to see the link.

GT: frontieruk

RawNuts

GT: StunWar

Noobcraft

GT = Mr Noobcraft

Pls add.

EFJO

Neo Member
Hey I've sent a PM for club entry but anyone feel free to add me, my gamertag's the same as my name on here. Always up for racing/co-op.

I'm addicted to forza rewards, I log in and play for 2-3 minutes each day until I hit 50 days on every game, then every week I collect a nice cool 275k credits (swear it used to be 300k or even more) for doing nothing! Its forza welfare, and i love it

The map is insane though, I am festival 5 on everything but 1 and my map is just full of NEW and ! icons everywhere. I tackle 2-3 a week, no big deal.

KRaZyAmmo

Man doing the championships take a looooooong time. I'm trying to do it at every route. Such a pain. Still enjoying the hell out of the game tho.

also...I need help I can't find the last 6 roads. I'm 482/488 roads.

klaus

also...I need help I can't find the last 6 roads. I'm 482/488 roads.
Tell me about it - got 486/488 roads discovered and for the life of me can't find the missing two. What helped a bit was turning off all landmarks with LB, zooming in all the way & getting close to the tv screen. Some of the grey parts were barely visible, I "scanned" through Byron Bay & Surfer's Paradise several times and still found a few obscure missing side roads after checking them again. The last ones were to the right of the reservoir lake, some small red loop branching off a white road in the middle of the jungle. Plus there are some extremely short driveways branching off longer roads, most of them in the middle & top middle of the map. Hope that helps :p

danowat

Banned
Just some stats I thought were interesting.

Only 17% of XBO players have finished the final showdown, and only 6% have upgraded all festival sites.

Wonder how the single player retention is on a game like this?, wonder how the multi / single player split is across the community.

xrnzaaas

Sadly that's not something new. People buy new games and end up playing a few sessions before moving on to something else or simply lose interest. In this case probably a lot of people just wandered around exploring virtual Australia and doing random stuff.

danowat

Banned
Sadly that's not something new. People buy new games and end up playing a few sessions before moving on to something else or simply lose interest. In this case probably a lot of people just wandered around exploring virtual Australia and doing random stuff.

The (excessive?) consumption of new titles from gamers never fails to amaze and intrigue me!

RawNuts

The (excessive?) consumption of new titles from gamers never fails to amaze and intrigue me!
When you're young, you have the skill and the time, but not the money.
When you're middle-aged, you have the skill and the money, but not the time.
When you're old, you have the money and the time, but not the skill.

That's video games for ya! Now that I can buy all the games I'm interested in, I don't get the time I need to enjoy them. :/

danowat

Banned

That's video games for ya! Now that I can buy all the games I'm interested in, I don't get the time I need to enjoy them. :/

The struggle is real!

Xater

I just don't buy all the games. Just the ones I am able to play.

Xater

You're a smarter man than I; I typically lie to myself about what I have time for.

Just today I made the decision to not get Titanfall 2. Right now I am still playing FH3 and BF1. Gears 4 is on the backburner. More than enough for the rest of the year tbh.

h3ro

Guys, the MG Metro Horizon Edition is AMAZING. Not a lot of top end but what a blast to drive around even in the default tune the car comes with. Tons of grip and low end acceleration. Snagged one for 200K last night from the AH. It's now my default point to point car to get between events/locations.

Guys, the MG Metro Horizon Edition is AMAZING. Not a lot of top end but what a blast to drive around even in the default tune the car comes with. Tons of grip and low end acceleration. Snagged one for 200K last night from the AH. It's now my default point to point car to get between events/locations.

I was hoping to get one from a wheelspin but I should just cave and try the AH. I just get annoyed at the constant bid wars when you think you won a car. -_-

terrible

Banned
I wish they would add every car in the game to wheelspins. Obviously the more expensive the car the more rarely they'd show up as a prize. As it is now the car variety in wheelspins is such that there's not a single car I can win that I don't already own.

I always buy too many games and never have enough time.

This time I had a plan and stuck with it (so far). Just FH3 and Civ VI.

I do have Gears thanks to a friend who bought a 1070 and didn't need it, but FH3 has been so good, I haven't even played it.

Space_nut

Just some stats I thought were interesting.

Only 17% of XBO players have finished the final showdown, and only 6% have upgraded all festival sites.

Wonder how the single player retention is on a game like this?, wonder how the multi / single player split is across the community.

Game looks so good it distracts people from completing the game lol

m23

Just today I made the decision to not get Titanfall 2. Right now I am still playing FH3 and BF1. Gears 4 is on the backburner. More than enough for the rest of the year tbh.

Same.I cancelled tf2 as I'm still playing Forza and Gears, maybe if I enjoyed the beta a bit more I may have still bought it.

Too little time and too many games to play.

Yeah, I actually was thinking this week about after I pick this up and Skyrim (already have Titanfall 2 preloaded) that Im done until at least February (which is just an insane month for games Im interested in). Between those 3 games, and Im still obviously just digging into Battlefield 1, still in love with Overwatch, been itching to dive into Witcher 3... too many games for what seems to be a decreasing amount of time to play them!

breakfuss

The perfect summation of my life :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah, this is why I've curbed down on spending money on games. Only been getting ones I have a real vested interest in.

(Of course, this changes around Black Friday)

But the next big game I'm getting at this point is Persona 5.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Now that I have the 488 roads and 150 boards done, I'm enjoying this game even more now that I can just drive around doing random stuff without worrying about those two.

RoKKeR

Well, I "beat" the game. Final showcase was a bit underwhelming, but draving that Polaris is fun as shit... need to add one of those to my garage. (the modeling work on it is incredible, too)

Credits rolling atm, Playground absolutely killed it with this game. They deserve a ton of props and success, I honestly have no idea where they can go next, but I'm sure they will surprise us!

Still plenty left to be done in the game, I'll surely be coming back to this one for many months to come. Undoubtedly one of the best games of the year.

shandy706

I can't get the EFFING$*!!&!#*#* music to play from One drive now. Help.

Is there a fix in the thread anywhere? I have the right playlist selected. It's music I own, but keeps saying I need a Groove pass.

So frustrating.

terrible

Banned
Well, I "beat" the game. Final showcase was a bit underwhelming, but draving that Polaris is fun as shit... need to add one of those to my garage. (the modeling work on it is incredible, too)

Credits rolling atm, Playground absolutely killed it with this game. They deserve a ton of props and success, I honestly have no idea where they can go next, but I'm sure they will surprise us!

Still plenty left to be done in the game, I'll surely be coming back to this one for many months to come. Undoubtedly one of the best games of the year.
Being able to completely design your own race routes, drift zones, jumps, etc seems like the next natural step after adding blueprints in this game. I'm actually surprised they didn't just do that in FH3, I'm guessing the AI might've made that tricky and adding editor tools would be a lot of work. That would add a lot of replay value with rivals and online play on top of that.

Being able to completely design your own race routes, drift zones, jumps, etc seems like the next natural step after adding blueprints in this game. I'm actually surprised they didn't just do that in FH3, I'm guessing the AI might've made that tricky and adding editor tools would be a lot of work. That would add a lot of replay value with rivals and online play on top of that.

I'm not someone who really needs a story (but I love TOCA still because of it) or carrots in general, but...

I'd like to see PG go more toward the story aspect for those who like it while giving us more of the freedom of FH3 for those who like that.

Even more power to create courses, rivals, and whatnot would be amazing.

zorbsie

Anyone online now to hammer out the Forzathon challenges? I'm currently in an open session by myself. Would be super easy to get the victory challenge out of the way.

Top Bottom