• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Does anyone else enjoy driving anything else but supercars ?

Me

I spend most of my time now driving cars from the 60s through the 90s. One of my favorite Championships to set up are the Cult Classics. Most of them are D class cars but they are just so fun to drive.

That or Rally cars....or trucks.....or buggys. Everything is just so fun....sometimes I do drive Supercars though and have fun with them too but I seem to always go back to the older cars.

zorbsie

How long does the last barn find take to restore?, been restoring for about 4 days now.

As others have said it takes some time. I had 2 that took for ever. If you go to the garage and then barn finds you can pay credits to fast track it if you can't wait anymore.

jesu

Yeah, super, hyper and extreme track toys are my least favourite cars to drive.
Although I did make some off road extreme track toys for bouncing around the outback in.

I find it's more fun to drive every class up to A than supercars. When I ugrade cars, as I've done A LOT in this game, I try not to go above A class as well. The supercars are fun in spurts but not all the time and while I generally race on Pro settings I feel that lower class racing involves less shenanigans from the drivatars than the higher class.

I agree with others that the older cars are more fun in this game for some reason. The awesome looking kits, hood superchargers, sounds and general feel of the game makes me appreciate them more in this Horizon that others.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
As others have said it takes some time. I had 2 that took for ever. If you go to the garage and then barn finds you can pay credits to fast track it if you can't wait anymore.

The two that are the longest are the Ferrari and the Maserati. The Ferrari being the longest IIRC.

Chorazin

How many wheelspins have you had?

And also isn't it true that VIP users have a bigger chance for high wheelspin rewards?

I'm lvl 40ish and I've received one car (not an HE, of course) from spins. I mainly get 10,000 CP or less wins, and I'm VIP so at least they get doubled. Every time I spin my GF says "You really have awful luck with that, don't you?"

KRaZyAmmo

I find generally D to A class races the most fun. I don't generally use the super cars, hyper cars, or extreme track toys. S1 and S2 is good in short bursts. I don't touch X class.

rrs

I perfer lower class racing myself, the S2 class quickly reaches HP of whoa. The track cars are about the only exception due to how much grip those cars get

KRaZyAmmo

I'm lvl 40ish and I've received one car (not an HE, of course) from spins. I mainly get 10,000 CP or less wins, and I'm VIP so at least they get doubled. Every time I spin my GF says "You really have awful luck with that, don't you?"
You still have plenty of level to potentially get a HE car.

jacobeid

Banned
I perfer lower class racing myself, the S2 class quickly reaches HP of whoa. The track cars are about the only exception due to how much grip those cars get

My A class Skyline is my favorite car to drive. Some of the Hyper and Supercars are just too much to handle.

My A class Skyline is my favorite car to drive. Some of the Hyper and Supercars are just too much to handle.

I much prefer racing the supercars/hypercars on tracks in Motorsport, for Horizon I prefer the lower powered vehicles.

That said, it is fun taking the lower end cars in Horizon and putting silly engines in them to turn them into flying machines.

terrible

Banned
I won a drag race with a 960 bhp De Luxe Coupe D Class car. At no point was my car under control. Stock tire compound + relatively skinny tires = insanity. Just a horrible idea overall but it's hilarious.

Word. I'd include A there too.

Yup, absolute truth. Horizon 3 seems to want to make this as difficult as possible though because bumping up the tires to something decent moves it at least one class up damn near every time.

I don't know if they changed their simulation on tires or what but they seem MUCH more important to the PI this game than any of the previous ones.

FStop7

Banned
What's a good car for really long jumps? I tried the Koenigsegg but it has such a problem with traction. Even with TCS enabled it's too squirmy and twitchy for a lot of the big jumps.

I tried maxing out a Nissan GTR and then added a rally suspension and tires and that was good for a few of the longer jumps, but there's one that requires something like 700 feet for 3 stars and I just can't get enough speed to make it that far.

Also, there are some straight up dickheaded design choices when it comes to certain jumps. Immovable trees placed in locations very obviously meant to fuck you over or very narrow landing zones. That's probably my biggest (and only) real complaint: assholish placement of obstructions. FH2 had the same problem, but worse.

Quick Q: Bought the physical Xbox version -- can I buy it digitally and continue to play it with my save?

Yes, xbox is nicer than PSN in that digital versions reuse the physical install, it just turns it into a digital version and you can keep on trucking. Same save, everything - no need to delete and redownload game, like on PS4. You can also then play it on a PC with windows 10 if you have one.

Finished the final showcase today, a bit underwhelming. It would have been awesome if they had a done a "evolution of racing" kind of showcase, with you shifting from older cars to newer ones ending with a 2017 supercar or something. Still, 10/10 game for me, my map is still like 80% unfinished so a lot of stuff to do but gonna take it easy and play a few hours a week.

The VIP bonus only doubles CR on level-up wheelspins.

It doesn't effect H.E. cars (which are currently the best money-maker in the game), and the bonus becomes less useful the further you proceed.

Now that I need ~100K XP per level, most of my wheelspins come from paying the 50K CR, and those don't get the VIP bonus.

FStop7

Banned
Can you not just sell back the cars you own without using the auction house? I thought I would get credits for selecting "remove car from garage" but I did not. Good thing I tested that with a cheap car!

The Ferrari 166 barn find has a stated value of 6.5 million credits. I kind of want to sell it. It's not a fun car to drive in this sort of game.

Can you not just sell back the cars you own without using the auction house? I thought I would get credits for selecting "remove car from garage" but I did not. Good thing I tested that with a cheap car!

The Ferrari 166 barn find has a stated value of 6.5 million credits. I kind of want to sell it. It's not a fun car to drive in this sort of game.

No. Your only chance to sell a car w/o the auction house is when you get it via a wheelspin.

Once it's in your garage, you either auction it or remove it from the garage for nothing.

Yeah. GAF. That's the one.

Zorbs or one of the co-leaders should see your post here and send you an in-game invite.

Request an invite in-game.

Gong

I've asked a few times, have sent messages but still haven't had an invite to the group. I'll ask again, please add Avatoid (my GT), thanks

RoKKeR

Man, came back to this game after a few weeks... it's still so good.

Still feel a bit aimless when playing, but I suppose that's sort of the point. Just throw on a podcast and enjoy.

GlamFM

Banned
Just realized that the Opel Manta is in this game.

GOTY.

64RyG0V.jpg

T_Exige

Same here, I put my name on the list and asked an ingame invite to the GAF club.

In my opinion, this game is up there, one of the best car games ever!

terrible

Banned
Yup, absolute truth. Horizon 3 seems to want to make this as difficult as possible though because bumping up the tires to something decent moves it at least one class up damn near every time.

I don't know if they changed their simulation on tires or what but they seem MUCH more important to the PI this game than any of the previous ones.
Tire compound upgrades in the lower classes raise the PI too much imo. It seems like it's better just to go AWD and drop a ridiculous amount of power into a D or C class car with stock tire compound instead of bothering to go with street tires and little to no power with your tune. You end up with understeer-y rockets that aren't super fun to drive a lot of the time but they are quick lol.

danowat

Banned
Tire compound upgrades in the lower classes raise the PI too much imo. It seems like it's better just to go AWD and drop a ridiculous amount of power into a D or C class car with stock tire compound instead of bothering to go with street tires and little to no power with your tune. You end up with understeer-y rockets that aren't super fun to drive a lot of the time but they are quick lol.

Power has always been king in Forza games.

edit : anyone still on the fence on the XBO version, new customers to Zavvi (yes, I know) have it for £32.99, down to £29.69 with the code WELCOME.

danowat

Banned
Question about wheelspins.

1) Is it possible to win duplicate cars from wheelspins?

2) Is the pool of cars in the wheelspins fixed?

3) Is the pool of cars the entire car list?, or is it just a certain portion of the carlist?

Question about wheelspins.

1) Is it possible to win duplicate cars from wheelspins?

2) Is the pool of cars in the wheelspins fixed?

3) Is the pool of cars the entire car list?, or is it just a certain portion of the carlist?

1) Yes, the game asks you if you want to sell it at half the value (the only time you can sell a car (also the Ford Ranger sells for over 400k, best thing to get a dupe of)), or you can keep the dupe.

2) They rotated in some of the previously unwinnable HE cars in one of the newest patches so I assume they aren't fixed and will keep changing, as there are still some unavailable HE cars.

3) Pretty certain it's just a portion, there are some cars I've never once seen in the spin even just once, mainly expensive stuff, like I can definitely say I've never seen the McLaren P1 or F1s in a spin.

Thought I'd share this. I just drove the Great Ocean Road from West to East (and I'll be completing it again East West over the next couple of days) in my MX-5. Thought you might like the familiar setting;

eYfKO8b.jpg

danowat

Banned
Thought I'd share this. I just drove the Great Ocean Road from West to East (and I'll be completing it again East West over the next couple of days) in my MX-5. Thought you might like the familiar setting;

eYfKO8b.jpg

Nice!!!, I did the same in 2008, although my Corolla hire car wasn't the best option!, you had the better car ;)

I also drove the same car round Mount Panorama

1927788_64379181110_6v4rjt.jpg

10401147_45147381110_h3p8s.jpg

1) Yes, the game asks you if you want to sell it at half the value (the only time you can sell a car (also the Ford Ranger sells for over 400k, best thing to get a dupe of)), or you can keep the dupe.

2) They rotated in some of the previously unwinnable HE cars in one of the newest patches so I assume they aren't fixed and will keep changing, as there are still some unavailable HE cars.

3) Pretty certain it's just a portion, there are some cars I've never once seen in the spin even just once, mainly expensive stuff, like I can definitely say I've never seen the McLaren P1 or F1s in a spin.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

Top Bottom