• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I'm not quite sure how to do the Forzathon stuff for the public games, etc. Is there an easy way to get into a public game or do I have to join a road trip or something?

Bring up menu (3 lines button), go to social, click on online adventure, custom adventure, games only (not racing only or collisions off racing). You will matchmake to a games lobby, join it.

Each session consists of 4 games, each of which can consist of Infection, King, or Flag Rush. If you get Infection for a game it sucks, but the other two count towards Forzathon as long as you are driving a extreme offroad car. After 4 games the lobby votes for the next session, try to vote for a car class that you own a extreme offroad in - for example the default warthog is class A I believe.

Its unfortunately extremely cryptic and is definitely one of the weakest parts of Forza.

steveovig

Thanks guys, and I did end up trying it out, and the achievements feel like chores, to me. I don't know how long I'm going to last with these before I go back to Solo.

I did manage to get my fourth Horizon car, at only around level 102!

EYEL1NER

Getting Forzathon games going absolutely sucks. I get how to do it after the first Forzathon a couple weeks back, but it is still so lame. I can pick from two choices: go to online adventure/games only and be unlucky enough to be repeatedly joining the only lobbies where people want to use S2 super cars and not be going for the Forzathon challenges, or go to an online free roam and start up a game and repeatedly only get only one opponent at a time who never sticks around for a second game. It's the reason I only got one horn a couple weeks ago; for as long as it took to get three games of Infection played, I wasn't going to stick around for Flag.
Right now I've got two games of Flag, I won one of them so I got one horn so far, and no games of King. I'll try again sometime during the day and hope more people are trying for the challenges. I suppose I could just build an extreme off-road car for every class and then I'll be covered no matter how unlucky I get with lobbies in online adventure, but that'll cost a lot of cash to buy five more extreme off-road cars and mod them (assuming I can even find which ones can go up to S1 and S2).

xrnzaaas

Well the good news from the free MP weekend is that I finally got my Silvia. I don't understand why they'd keep parts of the Forzathon behind a 'paywall' (I did the challenge and unlocked the car, but it wasn't delivered, because I don't have Gold). And oh man, the MP is a mess. I'll probably ignore it anyway and stick with completing championships and doing PR events.

bounchfx

I'm so frustrated right now. I just went and put my Forza 3 Ultimate code into my account and redeemed it. It showed that I owned it and that it was in my account, and then by the time I opened the Xbox App on windows it was gone. I checked the website again where I had just redeemed it... also gone. No sign that I owned it.

So I try putting in my code again and redeeming one more time. Nope! I'm fucked! And of course microsoft's support and website have been garbage tier for me so far. They even stopped working on Chrome and would only work on Edge. Then once I did manage to get into a chat with support, my first chat disconnected immediately. Lol

jediyoshi

I'm so frustrated right now. I just went and put my Forza 3 Ultimate code into my account and redeemed it. It showed that I owned it and that it was in my account, and then by the time I opened the Xbox App on windows it was gone. I checked the website again where I had just redeemed it... also gone. No sign that I owned it.

I don't think you see anything in the Xbox App on Windows unless you've actually run the game, it's not used as library management for your owned content. Use the Store app, make sure you're signed into the right account (icon to the left of the search bar), then check My Library.

Adry9

Man, this game.

So damn close!

It's really moments like this one, where I'm glad that I don't restart the races all that often.

Please.

dsUkgR6.jpg

eResdtG.jpg

danowat

Banned
RNG gods were smiling on me this morning, 4 wheelspins, 1 M3 Drift HE and 1 22B Drift HE!.

Managed to grind out this weeks Forzathon, really like with PG are doing with these Forzathons.

jesu

Getting Forzathon games going absolutely sucks. I get how to do it after the first Forzathon a couple weeks back, but it is still so lame. I can pick from two choices: go to online adventure/games only and be unlucky enough to be repeatedly joining the only lobbies where people want to use S2 super cars and not be going for the Forzathon challenges, or go to an online free roam and start up a game and repeatedly only get only one opponent at a time who never sticks around for a second game. It's the reason I only got one horn a couple weeks ago; for as long as it took to get three games of Infection played, I wasn't going to stick around for Flag.
Right now I've got two games of Flag, I won one of them so I got one horn so far, and no games of King. I'll try again sometime during the day and hope more people are trying for the challenges. I suppose I could just build an extreme off-road car for every class and then I'll be covered no matter how unlucky I get with lobbies in online adventure, but that'll cost a lot of cash to buy five more extreme off-road cars and mod them (assuming I can even find which ones can go up to S1 and S2).

I'd say about 90% of the players in online adventure/games were playing for #forzathon yesterday.
Only the odd person not driving a extreme off roader.

I finally did the final showcase event.

Boy, oh boy.

I know people have complained about this already, but Jesus Christ.

I just wonder how this came together. When was it decided that this should be the last event. It was mentioned before, but it really does seem like an ad for that particular manufacturer (spoiler: it's not the cover car), instead of creating something that really encompasses what Forza Horizon 3 is all about.

What a shame and wasted opportunity.

LilJoka

Boy, oh boy.

I just wonder how this came together. When was it decided that this should be the last event. It was mentioned before, but it really does seem like an ad for that particular manufacturer (spoiler: it's not the cover car), instead of creating something that really encompasses what Forza Horizon 3 is all about.

They needed to involve space, like a rocket or something!

i find the pop in worse on pc then on the xbox one, or at least i notice it more

that is on 4k/ultra

View distance is probably based on distance from the player and not how much screen space the asset occupies, so it's likely that at 4K the view distance is unchanged and becomes more noticeable.

EYEL1NER

So I try putting in my code again and redeeming one more time. Nope! I'm fucked! And of course microsoft's support and website have been garbage tier for me so far. They even stopped working on Chrome and would only work on Edge. Then once I did manage to get into a chat with support, my first chat disconnected immediately. Lol
Call. I haven't had to deal with Xbox support too many times but the times I have had to, dealing with them over the phone was much easier and faster than trying through support chat. The last time I had to go through the chat for something was last year when I was trying to do the Halo 5 disc swap program since I bought the LE and wanted a physical disc, and they had me jumping through all kinds of hoops and meeting requirements that the disc swap program didn't call for, and it took at least an hour. From now on when I have an issue, I'm calling.
I'd say about 90% of the players in online adventure/games were playing for #forzathon yesterday.
Only the odd person not driving a extreme off roader.
I'll give it a shot today when more people are on. Maybe the time of the night/early AM when I was going for them, the smaller player population already had gotten them?

Fox Mulder

Boy, oh boy.

The campaign was just barebones and lazy really, the worst of the three in my opinion.

The game itself is amazing, like they spent all their time on the tech and making it so beautiful.

bounchfx

thanks for the help guys, got it working. Apparently the actual listings of forza on the store... are not the actual game. Go figure.

So I installed it overnight, trying to play it now, and it's saying that it cant sign me into xbox live because 'the handle is invalid'. Even though it works fine on their website and on my pc, etc.

the best part is that there's actually no way to leave the game, it's just a loop of sign in> you cant sign in> sign in. Lol. Sigh. I just want to play, fucking xbox app.
EDIT: Just tried updating windows and rebooting, still cant play the game. Argh.

dragoncdf

hate to say it but i'm done with this game till it get patched. first the beauty spot achievement never popped. then earning skill points near the airstrip causes major stuttering.had the game crash once when i first got out of the festival. the groove music is broke.decided to work on championships after 2 race(first race I was 2nd and the next race I was first) somehow one racer had 44 points after 2 races and was still ahead after i won the 3rd race. xbox one version.

LoveCake

I have raced the final event against the airship/blimp at level 50 and I have purchased the Lamborghini Centenario, I really haven't played this as much as I thought I would, it just feels empty and just a grind to make any real progress and when you do it's not actually rewarding :/

The only Horizon Edition car I have won is the Cooper S Mini which is as good as useless, yet some people have enough Horizon Edition cars that they can sell them, sigh.

Am I right in thinking this is the 3rd Forzathon after the Silvia and Xbox livery Falcon ?

I've been away and also on BF1 so lost track, I'm not in the mood to play multiple matches of online game modes to grind the Warthog ... Is it unlockable through playing SP or is it a case of buying one at AH if I don't fancy playing this King/Flag Rush Forzathon event ?

Thanks

Fourth, maybe? The first one was for car horns.

You can't unlock the Warthog in game outside of #Forzathon, but yeah, you can buy it through the AH.

witness

The campaign was just barebones and lazy really, the worst of the three in my opinion.

The game itself is amazing, like they spent all their time on the tech and making it so beautiful.

Unfortunately I agree. I also don't have much motivation to go back and keep playing as it's not focused like FH2 was.

Noobcraft

Anyone down for some D Class off-road racing? I'm trying to get a party together for some general fun racing, not super competitive. I'm on now. My mic is still broken so my fantastic personality will have to shine through on the racetrack.

About 97% complete now. Just finished all the Drift Zones.
I have three of the Danger Signs left. They're really tough with some of the run-ups. Guessing I'll have to get a guide for the last few to get the right car/setup option.

Loved the game but I wish cash was a little easier to come by. There's a stack of the classic cars and race cars that look almost unattainable!

About 97% complete now. Just finished all the Drift Zones.
I have three of the Danger Signs left. They're really tough with some of the run-ups. Guessing I'll have to get a guide for the last few to get the right car/setup option.

Loved the game but I wish cash was a little easier to come by. There's a stack of the classic cars and race cars that look almost unattainable!
The timber mill danger sign was probably the worst for me.

danowat

Banned
Unfortunately I agree. I also don't have much motivation to go back and keep playing as it's not focused like FH2 was.

I'm not surprised to read comments like these, although I disagree that FH2 was more focused, I think all three have run out of steam about 20 hours in, and there is just not enough of a funnel in the game to push the content on for longer, most of the end game stuff is limited to completionists or achievement whores!.

They always seem to run out of ideas at end game, but I think FH3 has made steps in the right direction, the wheelspins are a good idea, but they haven't ran with that idea as much as they could, and in it's current form has too many limitations.

Forzathon is another step in the right direction, but they tend to just highlight the flaws the game has, this one highlights just how obtuse the multiplayer system is, the last drift one highlighted how the drift zones don't really work too well, and are just a source of frustration (who's idea was it to increase the traffic in a drift zone?, bizarre).

All that said, I do feel like the driving mechanics in this one are leaps and bounds ahead of the previous ones, and that can almost carry the game itself.

Maybe FH4 will expand on these things.......

leng jai

I'm not surprised to read comments like these, although I disagree that FH2 was more focused, I think all three have run out of steam about 20 hours in, and there is just not enough of a funnel in the game to push the content on for longer, most of the end game stuff is limited to completionists or achievement whores!.

They always seem to run out of ideas at end game, but I think FH3 has made steps in the right direction, the wheelspins are a good idea, but they haven't ran with that idea as much as they could, and in it's current form has too many limitations.

Forzathon is another step in the right direction, but they tend to just highlight the flaws the game has, this one highlights just how obtuse the multiplayer system is, the last drift one highlighted how the drift zones don't really work too well, and are just a source of frustration (who's idea was it to increase the traffic in a drift zone?, bizarre).

All that said, I do feel like the driving mechanics in this one are leaps and bounds ahead of the previous ones, and that can almost carry the game itself.

Maybe FH4 will expand on these things.......

I handling model is fantastic this time around and essentially carries the game for me along with the graphics/open world. Everything else surrounding the game is still lacklustre though. I can easily see why people would play for 15 hours or so and then give up. The structure and progression of the game is non existent mostly.

The whole Festival aspect at the beginning is basically a huge bait and switch. It's been three games and they seem to be going backwards with the career aspect and I'm not sure 4 will be what I want either.

EYEL1NER

I built a couple different classes of Extreme Off-road cars and finally got all the challenges knocked out minus the Warthog challenge. If I already have a Warthog from when the game came out, there is no reason to go for that Forzathon challenge, right? I finished my Flag Rush matches by going into an Online Adventure - Games Only and then decided to go into Online Freeroam and hoping people wanted to do King. I did my King matches and another Flag before the guy who must have needed some and was joining my events left. So now I need two more Kings and another Flag. Probably easiest to go back to a Games Only Adventure but that means I'll have more Infections and possibly have more games set at the sawmill, which was so cramped and absolutely horrible. I don't know if those two things are worth trying to get the last Forzathon challenge, especially considering I already have the reward.

jesu

Tell yourself completing all championships is the campaign.

LoveCake

How are you even supposed to take part in this #Forzathon? I cannot find a way to enter a Flag Rush, King or Extreme Offroad race!

Fox Mulder

They really need to have a button on the forzathon banner that just takes you to the events.

The way they set up multiplayer is stupid.

Klocker

Oh man cruising trough the world listening to soundtracks from Forza 3 and 4 by Lance Hayes is friggin sublime... beautiful

LoveCake

Online adventure > custom adventure > games only.

Ok thanks.

They really need to have a button on the forzathon banner that just takes you to the events.

The way they set up multiplayer is stupid.

I agree.

Oh man cruising trough the world listening to soundtracks from Forza 3 and 4 by Lance Hayes is friggin sublime... beautiful

Not in multiplayer, I have found increasing numbers of people with their microphones attached and have music actually playing in the room that they are in, I had two in a game this afternoon, one had gangsta rap playing and the other had what sounded like Bollywood music playing, talk about annoying! I decided to mute every single player!

Is there a setting on the X1 where you can by default mute everyone?

dLMN8R

How many hours is it taking you guys to complete everything in the game? Seems like a crazy amount of time to spend.

I'm finding the the map still makes it too difficult to find events I missed earlier on. Are there filters I can use to hide everything I've completed in both exhibition and tournament?

How much longer do we have for this Forzathon challenge? Worried I won't make it home in time to finish it.

About 4.5 hours from the time of my post.

How many hours is it taking you guys to complete everything in the game? Seems like a crazy amount of time to spend.

I'm finding the the map still makes it too difficult to find events I missed earlier on. Are there filters I can use to hide everything I've completed in both exhibition and tournament?

No, but you can filter the map to just routes, and that should make it pretty easy to tell.

Are upgrades meant to be kind of broken? It seems weird that I can spend a small amount of money to install a set up upgrades that'll suddenly turn practically any car into a S+. I can't tell if this is the intended progression or if the only real progression in this is earning money to buy certain cars. (First Horizon game. First Forza at all, actually.)

Many sub-S1 cars require 35-55K credits to upgrade to that level. Not sure how balanced or not that is, but it's never something that's stood out to me.

Also, not sure what the motivation would be to just upgrade every vehicle to a higher class. The AI moves up with you, and you can lose stock characteristics and/or take the car out of its sweet spot.

I think the bulk of the progression lies in owning the cars you want. Once you own it, the game lets you upgrade and tune it to your liking without many hurdles.

Top Bottom