• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

rrs

painted up the forzathon porsche
unknown.png

unknown.png

PinballRJ

Something weird just happened...

I was in the Forza Hub app and accidentally selected forza horizon 3 without having the disk in. I only only own it on disk but purchased the blizzard mountain dlc.

To my surprise it loaded without an error message, it even let me travel back to the main area

Just closed the game and opened it again and still no error message

I know I don't own it digitally because its not on my "your games" list on the windows app store

Yesterday I discovered an interesting difference in the Windows 10 and Xbox One versions of the game, on PC my songs in Groove Music don't play through the festival speakers, however on my Xbox One the music plays through the festival speakers. I was pretty surprised to find this out as I've only played the game on my PC so it was a very interesting discovery for me.

I've tried researching it but I haven't found anything recent about this issue, I wonder why this feature appears to be disabled on PC?

I got you. You're in now. Game has cross play so all is good. Just did some coop races yesterday I was on PC and other player was on XB1. Worked flawlessly.

Oh thanks. I didn't scroll down to read your message. Thanks!

Sorry, one more question; For the barn finds, Do they just take time for them to be available? I have a barnfind but its taking longer than the other barnfinds I discovered much later.

Yesterday I discovered an interesting difference in the Windows 10 and Xbox One versions of the game, on PC my songs in Groove Music don't play through the festival speakers, however on my Xbox One the music plays through the festival speakers. I was pretty surprised to find this out as I've only played the game on my PC so it was a very interesting discovery for me.

I've tried researching it but I haven't found anything recent about this issue, I wonder why this feature appears to be disabled on PC?
I haven't played this in quite a while but my music was always played though the festival speakers on PC

terrible

Banned
It's never worked on the festival speakers on PC for me either. I thought I had read that was the case for everyone. It's always works on Xbox though.

LoveCake

Oh thanks. I didn't scroll down to read your message. Thanks!

Sorry, one more question; For the barn finds, Do they just take time for them to be available? I have a barnfind but its taking longer than the other barnfinds I discovered much later.

The barn finds just pop-up every so often, they are in a seemingly random order for people, the only time they will pop-up at a defined time is when there is a barn find reward for a #Forzathon once you have completed the event with the barn find reward a couple of minutes after you will get a message pop-up from the garage bloke about a rumor of a barn find and that will be the #Forzathon reward car.

Hey guys, does anyone here know where to find uncompressed 4k gameplay footage of forza horizon 3?
I'v been wanting to get a taste of what 4k gameplay will look like on our 4k TV, but am having trouble finding anything outside of youtube...

KRaZyAmmo

Hey guys, does anyone here know where to find uncompressed 4k gameplay footage of forza horizon 3?
I'v been wanting to get a taste of what 4k gameplay will look like on our 4k TV, but am having trouble finding anything outside of youtube...
I know digital foundry might have some. But i think you may have to be a pateron of them.

I didn't realize the Huracan HE was that hard to get. It was the first (and possibly only?) HE car I got from a wheel spin, and that was in the first or second day after the game came out.

It was only available for a short while after launch, so people who jumped in a bit later haven't had a chance at it (hasn't been in any Forzathons either IIRC). It's also really expensive in the auction house.

E: just won an HE BMW M3 but I already have one. Anyone interested?

I didn't know about the Forzathon thing until I read the thread. I managed to make enough money for the DB5 then make a championship to get the old 911. Was a lot of fun figuring out how to do it.

Guys, there is any way to get Forzathon cars that already ended?
I havent started Forza Horizon 3 yet but I´d like to this week.

The expasion looks awesomely fun!

Fox Mulder

Guys, there is any way to get Forzathon cars that already ended?
I havent started Forza Horizon 3 yet but I´d like to this week.

The expasion looks awesomely fun!

Auction house or if they are in future forzathons.

I think theyre a bit overrated myself. They're just existing cars with a perk tossed on. I haven't used 95% of them.

I preferred the unicorn method of unique cars, but that's just me.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I didn't realize the Huracan HE was that hard to get. It was the first (and possibly only?) HE car I got from a wheel spin, and that was in the first or second day after the game came out.

The only Horizon Edition car I got through wheelspins was the Countach. I got the '69 Camaro HE through an auction, the others I have are all through easy Forzathon challenges.

Did you guys see this? The Hot Wheels expansion achievement list is out. Looks awesome as hell.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n2...izon-3s-hot-wheels-expansion-achievement-list

This achievement seems like it will be fun:

Hot Lap / Complete the Goliath event in the 2010 Pagani Zonda R in less than 06:30:000 / 10 gamerscore

I count not one, but two, references to Netflix shows in that list, lol. Also, I think the list spoiled the reveal of the barn find. It's
a '32 Ford, it looks like.

greelay

Not sure where to ask this, but is there a way to use non Xbox controllers for this game on the pc. I am trying to connect my switch pro controller.

Not sure where to ask this, but is there a way to use non Xbox controllers for this game on the pc. I am trying to connect my switch pro controller.

InputMapper for Dualshock 4. And you really want to play a simcade racing game with a controller that doesn't have analog triggers? You can't even control the throttle with that thing.

shagia

anyone wanna get rid of / trade their 82 911? completely missed out on the 911 forzathon, now all the 911s are running for 10 million and usually ends up being 5 million in auction lol

greelay

You can use DS4window if you have a ps4 controller. That's what I've been doing.

InputMapper for Dualshock 4. And you really want to play a simcade racing game with a controller that doesn't have analog triggers? You can't even control the throttle with that thing.
Thanks. And I realize that it isn't ideal, it is just the controller I have so I wanted to at least try it before I went and bought an XB1 controller.

shagia

anyone wanna get rid of / trade their 82 911? completely missed out on the 911 forzathon, now all the 911s are running for 10 million and usually ends up being 5 million in auction lol

nvm, just scored one for $440k on the auction house, god bless

rrs

Thanks. And I realize that it isn't ideal, it is just the controller I have so I wanted to at least try it before I went and bought an XB1 controller.
you can also use a 360 controller (wired or find the adapter) fine with the game as well if you want to save a few bucks

LoveCake

Bye bye Blizzard mountain, finished everything this evening at Blizzard Mountain.

Qvr5Zrdl.jpg

Shame there is nothing to make me revisit :(

Fox Mulder

Bye bye Blizzard mountain, finished everything this evening at Blizzard Mountain.

Qvr5Zrdl.jpg

I wish blizzard mountain had a better ice lake to do some cool multiplayer shit on.

I was about to move on from horizon 3 to dive into other stuff. I've long had 100%, put like 200 hours in, got as high a time around Goliath as I think I'll get, and assumed the expansion was going to be a Porsche thing. Hot wheels pulled me back in. Might even have level 1000 by the time it drops.

Qvr5Zrdl.jpg

Almost there myself. Just finished getting all the Stars last night and just have the Championships to do. It's been a lovely place but I gotta get this done before Hot Wheels Island gets here.

greelay

So I bought an xbox one controller (for the pc). But I cannot seem to get rumble to work over bluetooth, only over a wired connection. Is there something I need to do to enable it or something?

Hi guys, just gave in and bought x1s and bought f6 and fh3.
What is the fastest way to get lots of money and xp in f6 and fh3.
Thx in advance

Thx in advance

For FH3: Play the game normally until you either win a skill boost, XP boost or credit boost Horizon Edition car in a wheelspin, one pops up in a Forzathon (weekend events) or you can afford to buy one in the auction house. Combine that with temporary XP or credit boosts you can buy in the skill shop. Then keep playing ;)

For FH3: Play the game normally until you either win a skill boost, XP boost or credit boost Horizon Edition car in a wheelspin, one pops up in a Forzathon (weekend events) or you can afford to buy one in the auction house. Combine that with temporary XP or credit boosts you can buy in the skill shop. Then keep playing ;)
Thx m8,
can't wait to start playing both games.

De nada, have fun!

Also you can probably join the GAF club for some extra cash, there's a ladder that resets every week and awards you credits depending on the amount of XP you get. Check with our wise and powerful leader zorbsie.

LoveCake

Do we know how to work this month's other Forzathon events yet? We know how to do this weekend's events.

BVs8s7ql.jpg

Can I please join GAF club in F6 and FH3!?

To join [GAF] you have to be verified so you have to PM Zorbsie and enter your GAF and Xbox details in the spreadsheet, if you just join [GAF] or enter details on the spreadsheet and don't contact Zorbsie you won't be let in because anyone can join in Forza as it's an open group and the spreadsheet could get or have been leaked so Zorbsie doesn't know who is who otherwise, Zorbsie goes through every so often and removes members that are not active in Forza.

QUOTE TO VIEW < you have to enter your GAF and Xbox details in here.

You will also need to PM Zorbsie (you will find him above in this thread) as he will have to add you to the list of members so you don't get kicked from the club.

Thx in advance

Money in Forza Motorsport 6 isn't that hard to get really, just race and it will come pretty fast.

Forza Horizon 3 is a little harder at the start to earn money as the reward credits are pretty low and the cars can be quite expensive.

The best advice really for the Horizon games is to pick at the start a good all-round car and use that, don't waste money on buying a load of cars at the start because you will never use them or just use them once or twice, also don't buy from the Auto Show, get cars from the auction house and don't over pay or get sucked into a bidding war, search for a car that you want and then look at the buy-out prices and ok the top cars are in the millions but there are bargains to be had, the number of times people will bid and keep bidding over on a car to an extent where there are cars that have a lower buyout price is beyond me.

The HE cars are some of the best in the game as they give extra rewards, ones to try and get are 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition (Credits Boost) [this is very cheap in the auction house] it will give you a boost to the credits you receive in races, the 1980 Subaru BRAT GL Horizon Edition (XP Boost) is also pretty cheap and will help you level up a bit faster.

One thing to note when buying from the Auction House, make sure you get a car if you can that has already been upgraded (it will say on the auction screen) make sure it is a legendry tuner (this way the cars is already upgraded and you won't have to buy the upgrades yourself saving you a lot of money) the best as far as I am concerned is " Don Joewon Song "

Also take part in the #Forzathon events that give you XP, credits and cars and in a couple of weeks the 2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Horizon Edition (Skills Boost) is up for grabs, make sure you do this and win the car, you can keep it if you want or sell it on in the following weak, it will have lost some of it's value because there will be lots about as it's a very rare car, but a fellow GAF member that is flush will credits may be willing to buy it out for a few million if you want.

I wish blizzard mountain had a better ice lake to do some cool multiplayer shit on.

I was about to move on from horizon 3 to dive into other stuff. I've long had 100%, put like 200 hours in, got as high a time around Goliath as I think I'll get, and assumed the expansion was going to be a Porsche thing. Hot wheels pulled me back in. Might even have level 1000 by the time it drops.

The Hot Wheels expansion is the reason why I wanted to complete Blizzard Mountain, I did all the championship races in one car, I was hoping for an achievement for it, but there was nothing, there was nothing for completing everything either :(

Fox Mulder

The Hot Wheels expansion is the reason why I wanted to complete Blizzard Mountain, I did all the championship races in one car, I was hoping for an achievement for it, but there was nothing, there was nothing for completing everything either :(

There's a 30 point achievement for completing every blizzard mountain championship. Only 0.21% have unlocked it though. You have to go to each location and start a new championship.

mclem

There's a 30 point achievement for completing every blizzard mountain championship. Only 0.21% have unlocked it though. You have to go to each location and start a new championship.

When looking at DLC achievements, is the percentage based on the people who own the base game or the people who own the DLC?

Top Bottom