• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

zorbsie

Still saves us some time tomorrow. I think the hot wheels expansion is going to do really well for them. Servers will be busy tomorrow. The beam reveal today had 2000+ viewers today.

DasRaven

Finally completed the base game 100% tonight, besting the Clever Girl achievement after many, many attempts.

So impressed with what Playground have done with this series. I readily admit scoffing when I read that Forza Motorsport was spinning off an "arcadey, open-world" racing game.
I, was a GIT GUD hardcore sim racer through FM4. So glad to have come back to Xbox with this game! The most fun I've had and I haven't even cracked open Blizzard Mountain or the Hot Wheels yet.
Best part is now that, FM7 isn't that far away if I want to get sim-serious again.

PS: I'm cleaning out the garage of all but my favorites, so there are lots of cheap $5K deals from DasRavenLive available for the next 6H on the auction house. More to come tomorrow.

PPS: If some wealthy Gaffer wanted to buyout my Ford FPV HE, I'd be grateful! ;-)

DeaDPo0L84

So im trying to purchase the hot wheels expansion but its being sold as a bundle and when i click on hot wheels it says not sold separately. Please tell me its a mistake.

willbsn13

A few notes from the livestream

- 110km of new road, 141 roads total
- 50mph is needed to make the loop, some cars stock can't drive some of the courses
- Hotwheels Red Tires for all cars with race tyres available
- Barnfind has a chopped roof option (first time in Forza)
- The expansion events are gated by class (but might be changeable through blueprint)
- You can fall off the tracks
- Drone mode is unlimited by height in the Horizon Hot Wheels Map
- Boosters will boost you to the speed needed to complete that stunt, but watch out if you car isn't geared to go that speed
- There are 7-8 different stunts that you can swap in and out depending on the track. These include the wave, loop de loop, jump, criss cross crash etc.

KdotIX

Going a little off topic here but for anyone interested in getting Forza Motorsport 6 for completeness, the FM6 Platinum pack is on sale right now for XBL Gold members for £46 (usually £109 - 60% off) on the Microsoft Store. This includes VIP, Car pass, Porsche expansion, Nascar expansion and all the associated car packs, so it's a great deal.

I think its only on for another hour or so.

zorbsie

Sucks that the update doesn't unlock until mid day for us on the east coast. Still pumped to play it though. Only a few hours away now.

Rocketz

As a non season pass owner

jzc9UkS.gif

Is there any way to get just this Hotwheels expansion? My nephew would love it but I don't want to pay for the whole game, I don't een want the rest of the island, I just want the Hot wheels thing.

zorbsie

Is there any way to get just this Hotwheels expansion? My nephew would love it but I don't want to pay for the whole game, I don't een want the rest of the island, I just want the Hot wheels thing.

You have to have the main game to play the expansion. You will be able to buy just the expansion later today when it goes live. But again you need Forza Horizon 3 to actually play the Hot Wheels expansion.

Hi guys, sorry for the off topic :-(
I just bought thrustmaster Xbox one base, and I am wondering if I could connect T500rs pedals on it and use it with xbox one? If anybody has any experience, they can freely send me PM, to avoid off topic.

thx in advance.

LoveCake

Installing 2.46 gigs...

You can find it in the new Forza Bundle.. go into it and it has the Hot Wheels as part of the deal.. if you own the season pass you can download it

I cannot find it, Xbox 1 Ultimate Edition with expansion pass, in the UK.

Why doesn't it auto download and install like on Ps4?

Really curious about the PC patch today. I was fine locking the game at 30 but I bought a 144hz monitor and now it forces me to play at 37 and my PC hates me for it lol....

I am seriously going to cut the next person who keeps whining about things "not not being included in the Ultimate Edition even though they have explicitly said since day 1 what was included."

Jesus take the wheel...

zorbsie

Started up the game on XB1 and am getting an update. Hopefully this will be it. Nothing on the PC end though. Is there a way to force the update?

Launch story now live along with further details of the PC update:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_hot_wheels_available

The sweet stuff for those interested.

Newly supported wheels:
· Logitech Driving Force GT
· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
· Logitech G920
· Logitech G29
· Logitech G25
· Logitech G27
· Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V1
· Fanatec CSV2
· Fanatec CSR
· Thrustmaster TS-PC
· Thrustmaster T150
· Thrustmaster T500 RS
· Thrustmaster TMX V1
· Thrustmaster TMX V2
· Thrustmaster T300RS
· Thrustmaster TX 458 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX 599 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition
· Thrustmaster TX F1 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX GTE Edition
· Thrustmaster RGT

PC Optimisations:
Improved CPU Performance

We have observed that a large portion of players are CPU limited when trying to run Forza Horizon 3 at high frame rates, including locked 60 FPS and unlocked. By analyzing telemetry, we have developed targeted optimizations for this group of affected players by increasing the number of concurrent threads used by the render architecture. We have taken further advantage of DX12 capabilities to allow the visuals to be processed out of order during the frame, in order to reduce synchronization stalls and decrease CPU execution duration. These changes result in a significant CPU performance gain on High or Ultra settings when running on PCs of Recommended spec or better.

Updated Thread Model

We have updated our threading affinity model to make better use of all available cores. Along with this change, we have added a new graphics option to disable the new model, should you prefer. This option can be found in the Video Settings menu under “Threaded Optimization”.

Unfortunately the new settings are just "Very Low" presets for World Car and Environment Quality, I was hoping for something like better LOD reflections and/or dynamic headlights.

ElNino

I am seriously going to cut the next person who keeps whining about things "not not being included in the Ultimate Edition even though they have explicitly said since day 1 what was included."

Jesus take the wheel...
No kidding, it seems every dozen posts there is some "concerns" about the Ultimate Edition not including the Expansion Pass.

I'm just glad that the Porsche update was not considered an expansion this time around, and that a good portion of them are going to be "free" through Forzathon... although I caved and bought the car pack anyways.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Jesus take the wheel...

How much do you want to bet most of those posting that haven't purchased the game and are just looking for excuses to bitch about DLC?

LoveCake

I seem to have got it working now.

There is no reason for this, two hours it has taken to get this working, it should have been working twenty hours ago here in the UK, I know its not Forzas fault, but it should download all updates and paid for DLC and install them like you can on the PS4, instead of turning on and playing straight away when I got home I have had to waste two hours.

Ecto311

Man I was amped for this and figured out this morning that I don't get the pass with VIP. That was the entire reason I got the $100 edition because I thought you got everything. It sucks being an adult and not having time to pour over all the details of this shit and see in the beginning that it doesn't come with the season pass. Might just sell the game entirely and wait for a sale or ultimate edition at this rate. Mario Kart is keeping me occupied enough to wait on the Hot Wheels bit.

RawNuts

It sucks being an adult and not having time to pour over all the details of this shit and see in the beginning that it doesn't come with the season pass.
It's because you're not an adult, Shortt Sirket.

Lima

Man I was amped for this and figured out this morning that I don't get the pass with VIP. That was the entire reason I got the $100 edition because I thought you got everything. It sucks being an adult and not having time to pour over all the details of this shit and see in the beginning that it doesn't come with the season pass. Might just sell the game entirely and wait for a sale or ultimate edition at this rate. Mario Kart is keeping me occupied enough to wait on the Hot Wheels bit.

You are an adult. Reading the store description before you buy something takes not even 2 minutes. Lol at not having the time. Had nothing to do with not having the time, you just chose to be lazy.

louiedog

A few dips down to ~55 here and there but I'm pretty much maintaining 60 FPS in Surfer's Paradise now on my i5 4690k OC'd at 4.3 and GTX 1070.

LoveCake

My game has crashed/frozen once :/

Reached S2.

The Zonda R is very nice indeed.

KIwE6bOh.jpg

Managed to copy the Don Joewon Song upgrades also.

I can't say from firsthand experience, but this shit actually feels like driving on enormous pieces of injection-molded plastic.

Shout-out to the mechanic for dropping a "spared no expense" line at the appearance of the mechanical tyrannosaur. GOTY

ElNino

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the Ultimate Edition wouldn't get you the Expansion Pass either. Figured I'd save you the expense since you wouldn't have read what comes with it. :p

This is insanely awesome, I look forward to all the crazy GIFs that SunhiLegend will post. The island is absolutely huge, I'd say 30-40% of the main FH3 map size (141 "roads" to discover). Loving every second of it.

Only negative I'd say is no new music seems to be wrapped into the game, but thats pretty minor especially since you can make your own play list with Groove. Gonna import some Weeknd in.

Also some of the playground games don't really work well, like Infected on a small map with both orange tracks and ground means its nearly impossible to find another person since there is so much verticality.

Top Bottom