• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

BVs8s7ql.jpg

To join [GAF] you have to be verified so you have to PM Zorbsie and enter your GAF and Xbox details in the spreadsheet, if you just join [GAF] or enter details on the spreadsheet and don't contact Zorbsie you won't be let in because anyone can join in Forza as it's an open group and the spreadsheet could get or have been leaked so Zorbsie doesn't know who is who otherwise, Zorbsie goes through every so often and removes members that are not active in Forza.

QUOTE TO VIEW < you have to enter your GAF and Xbox details in here.

You will also need to PM Zorbsie (you will find him above in this thread) as he will have to add you to the list of members so you don't get kicked from the club.

Money in Forza Motorsport 6 isn't that hard to get really, just race and it will come pretty fast.

Forza Horizon 3 is a little harder at the start to earn money as the reward credits are pretty low and the cars can be quite expensive.

The best advice really for the Horizon games is to pick at the start a good all-round car and use that, don't waste money on buying a load of cars at the start because you will never use them or just use them once or twice, also don't buy from the Auto Show, get cars from the auction house and don't over pay or get sucked into a bidding war, search for a car that you want and then look at the buy-out prices and ok the top cars are in the millions but there are bargains to be had, the number of times people will bid and keep bidding over on a car to an extent where there are cars that have a lower buyout price is beyond me.

The HE cars are some of the best in the game as they give extra rewards, ones to try and get are 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition (Credits Boost) [this is very cheap in the auction house] it will give you a boost to the credits you receive in races, the 1980 Subaru BRAT GL Horizon Edition (XP Boost) is also pretty cheap and will help you level up a bit faster.

One thing to note when buying from the Auction House, make sure you get a car if you can that has already been upgraded (it will say on the auction screen) make sure it is a legendry tuner (this way the cars is already upgraded and you won't have to buy the upgrades yourself saving you a lot of money) the best as far as I am concerned is " Don Joewon Song "

Also take part in the #Forzathon events that give you XP, credits and cars and in a couple of weeks the 2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Horizon Edition (Skills Boost) is up for grabs, make sure you do this and win the car, you can keep it if you want or sell it on in the following weak, it will have lost some of it's value because there will be lots about as it's a very rare car, but a fellow GAF member that is flush will credits may be willing to buy it out for a few million if you want.

The Hot Wheels expansion is the reason why I wanted to complete Blizzard Mountain, I did all the championship races in one car, I was hoping for an achievement for it, but there was nothing, there was nothing for completing everything either :(
Thx m8. Much appreciated for the help. :)

Edit: in fh3 can i change my licence plate after initial change!?

I am being a nerd and rewatching Initial D for like the hundredth time and it reminds me again of how desperately we need GOOD mountain roads in the next Forza Horizon.

I still honestly don't understand why there aren't any. Is it a limitation of the engine? Does it cause framerate problems? I can't think of a single game reason why you wouldn't put good mountain passes/roads in a free roam game like Horizon.

Its been 3 games and STILL they can't get it right. I want hillclimbs and downhill touge battles and shit.

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Fox Mulder

They obviously didn't record new lines for this barn find. The last one had the mechanic jizz his pants for the Wayne's World car. Now he's like, oh another car to fix.

LoveCake

That I know of, but the other ones this month?

These are the other #Forzathon 's that are known,

O71HWyU.jpg

We don't know the individual events yet though.

Just guessing from the image,
Lead the way, will be a Hot Wheels only one.
Out back field trip, desert truck events.
Just a little recreation, something in the jungle.
At the crossroads, something in the middle area of the map.

KRaZyAmmo

Just played some Blizzard races with my friend last night. I forgot how much fun the game is with friends. We did blizzard racing in hyper cars and muscle cars, cross countrying in retro super cars, and all. All without snow tires!

Noobcraft

I wonder if I should sell my HE Huracan now that they're giving it away for free. I saw one go for >2M on the auction house earlier...

LoveCake

I wonder if I should sell my HE Huracan now that they're giving it away for free. I saw one go for >2M on the auction house earlier...

I have seen them going for CR-2.5m to CR-3.5m the last few days, the price went right down the few days after it was announced but had gone up again after the glut had gone.

Bit late for that, they were going for 7-10M last week.

I paid CR-7m for mine :(

I did think of selling mine but we don't know how easy it will to be win, also the price may well go up again once people realise they have missed out, I doubt they will reach the height of the values of the 918 though which are CR-8m+ :O

If I can win another HE Huracan I will keep it (the one I have just won) and sell my old one, I will put a DJS tune and the Nyan Cat livery on it and put it up for a start of CR-4m and a BuyOut of CR-5m and see if it sells.

I am thinking it will look good on the HotWheels tracks so people will still want it and there wasn't that many HE Huracan's about anyway.

terrible

Banned
I somehow missed the 911 Turbo 3.3 event but I was able to find one in the auction house for 33,000. Why would anyone sell it for that little?

edit: ohhh, that was the DB5 championship one? I thought I did that but apparently not since I don't have the achievement. Oops.

rrs

I somehow missed the 911 Turbo 3.3 event but I was able to find one in the auction house for 33,000. Why would anyone sell it for that little?

edit: ohhh, that was the DB5 championship one? I thought I did that but apparently not since I don't have the achievement. Oops.
most of the players want exotic cars only, didn't know it's limited, just want cash quick, etc

terrible

Banned
most of the players want exotic cars only, didn't know it's limited, just want cash quick, etc

All the other auctions for the car had CR 5M - CR 11M buyouts. I can understand those prices, maybe they didn't really care for the car and would rather buy something else. 33,000 credits is nothing though. You can make that in one race pretty much! It might as well have been free. I'm happy though, I love that car.

I was half expecting to get a message saying they put it at that price so their friend could buy it and could I sell it back to them lol.

SliChillax

Well this is a bit annoying. I missed the Forzathon where you unlock the 19th barn find, the AMC Pacer X and I just bought the car in the auction. Problem is that the barn find spot for the AMC Pacer still says undiscovered even though I have the car now. Anyway to change this?

I am loving my time with Forza Horizon 3. I've finished the final showcase, and have one final festival area left to upgrade two more times to be done with that aspect. The Forzathon's are awesome and I love spending time on the weekend to play through the objectives. In general, FH3 is the first racing game in quite some time to make me put all of my other games on hold, and demand my attention.

So, my question is, how is Forza Horizon 2? I will most likely be finishing up FH3 main campaign by the end of the month, and I see that Storm Island is on sale for $5 right now (for FH2). The base game is only $18 on Amazon also, so I'm about to pull the trigger on it, but just wanted to see what some of the Forza veterans opinions are on the previous game.

LoveCake

Finally got around to finishing the races on Blizzard Mountain.

Have you done the championships as well? I didn't know about them until I noticed the tab!

I am loving my time with Forza Horizon 3. I've finished the final showcase, and have one final festival area left to upgrade two more times to be done with that aspect. The Forzathon's are awesome and I love spending time on the weekend to play through the objectives. In general, FH3 is the first racing game in quite some time to make me put all of my other games on hold, and demand my attention.

So, my question is, how is Forza Horizon 2? I will most likely be finishing up FH3 main campaign by the end of the month, and I see that Storm Island is on sale for $5 right now (for FH2). The base game is only $18 on Amazon also, so I'm about to pull the trigger on it, but just wanted to see what some of the Forza veterans opinions are on the previous game.

Did you play the first FH game?

The first FH game was something pretty new in the genre, I loved FH, but when FH2 was released I was a little underwhelmed, but then it became even better than the first FH, when FH3 arrived I also felt underwhelmed by it until it became even better than FH2.

Honestly FH2 isn't as good as FH3, but it's better then FH1, I have gone back into FH2 now and then to get the free credits I receive and just drive around a bit, but it does feel like a step back.

Have you got the Blizzard Mountain expansion and are you getting the Hot Wheels expansion? if not then I would advise spending that $23 on the FH3 expansions instead of FH2, the only reason I can think of playing through FH2 is to get the Forza points to up your rank/tiers for bonus loyalty cars in future Forza games, but for that you need to get all the Forza games and that is a long slog going back now and honestly more time (wasted) then its worth.

If you do have the Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels expansion, enjoy them and keep playing and use that $23 towards the Ultimate Edition of Forza Motorsport 7 which should be out in September this year.

Fox Mulder

Well this is a bit annoying. I missed the Forzathon where you unlock the 19th barn find, the AMC Pacer X and I just bought the car in the auction. Problem is that the barn find spot for the AMC Pacer still says undiscovered even though I have the car now. Anyway to change this?

No

So, my question is, how is Forza Horizon 2? I will most likely be finishing up FH3 main campaign by the end of the month, and I see that Storm Island is on sale for $5 right now (for FH2). I The base game is only $18 on Amazon also, so I'm about to pull the trigger on it, but just wanted to see what some of the Forza veterans opinions are on the previous game.

FH2 was great and got like 9.0 scores. If you love FH3, you'll love FH2. It's still gorgeous.

There's a less refined off road/rally aspect, even with storm island. But you get VW cars in the second game. Evens out for me.

Have you done the championships as well? I didn't know about them until I noticed the tab!

Did you play the first FH game?

The first FH game was something pretty new in the genre, I loved FH, but when FH2 was released I was a little underwhelmed, but then it became even better than the first FH, when FH3 arrived I also felt underwhelmed by it until it became even better than FH2.

Honestly FH2 isn't as good as FH3, but it's better then FH1, I have gone back into FH2 now and then to get the free credits I receive and just drive around a bit, but it does feel like a step back.

Have you got the Blizzard Mountain expansion and are you getting the Hot Wheels expansion? if not then I would advise spending that $23 on the FH3 expansions instead of FH2, the only reason I can think of playing through FH2 is to get the Forza points to up your rank/tiers for bonus loyalty cars in future Forza games, but for that you need to get all the Forza games and that is a long slog going back now and honestly more time (wasted) then its worth.

If you do have the Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels expansion, enjoy them and keep playing and use that $23 towards the Ultimate Edition of Forza Motorsport 7 which should be out in September this year.

No

FH2 was great and got like 9.0 scores. If you love FH3, you'll love FH2. It's still gorgeous.

There's a less refined off road/rally aspect, even with storm island. But you get VW cars in the second game. Evens out for me.

Thanks for the responses. I have Blizzard Mountain, and I plan to get the Hot Wheels expansion as well.

As for Forza Horizon, I bought the first one on a whim when it was like $4 or 5 on sale a few months back. I have my 360 in the bedroom, so I put some time into it whenever I'm lounging lazy in bed. It's fun, and still looks great on the 360.

Time to order Forza Horizon 2 :)

Noobcraft

Thanks for the responses. I have Blizzard Mountain, and I plan to get the Hot Wheels expansion as well.

As for Forza Horizon, I bought the first one on a whim when it was like $4 or 5 on sale a few months back. I have my 360 in the bedroom, so I put some time into it whenever I'm lounging lazy in bed. It's fun, and still looks great on the 360.

FH2 is great. Keep in mind that it isn't as good as FH3. Things like the rain, day night cycles, the world-building, and the overall sound quality are less refined. It's definitely worth playing through however.

Fox Mulder

FH1 is backward compatible on the xb1.

mclem

I did think of selling mine but we don't know how easy it will to be win, also the price may well go up again once people realise they have missed out, I doubt they will reach the height of the values of the 918 though which are CR-8m+ :O

I don't think I've seen a Forzathon task that didn't feel achievable, at least. I've had the biggest difficulty with drift challenges, but that's me not being good enough at drifting (and that's changed somewhat with the spec earlier in the thread). Have there been tougher ones in the past that I wouldn't have seen?

FH2 is great. Keep in mind that it isn't as good as FH3. Things like the rain, day night cycles, the world-building, and the overall sound quality are less refined. It's definitely worth playing through however.

Yeah, I figured it was a step up from Forza Horizon, and a step down from F.H.3, but the European setting sounds like a lot of fun.

FH1 is backward compatible on the xb1.

I have a pretty massive 360 backlog, and I like firing up the Gears S.E. 360 still. :)

Just did the "search for the silent cartographer" PR stunt.

UYuDSGb.gif

From the beach to the jungle, in a warthog with the Halo theme on classic FM. This game is so damn beautiful.

PG just gave me the best Halo experience I've had in a while

derFeef

What will the entry requirement be for the Hot Wheels addon? I remember having loads of problems until Blizzard Mountain showed up on my map.

Noobcraft

What will the entry requirement be for the Hot Wheels addon? I remember having loads of problems until Blizzard Mountain showed up on my map.
I don't know but I hope it has something to do with a bunch of boosters and a very big ramp.

Also I hope the island is named New Wheeland.

LoveCake

I don't know but I hope it has something to do with a bunch of boosters and a very big ramp.

Also I hope the island is named New Wheeland.

fK0yujm.gif

There is always a way to get to the new location, helicopter or ship (ferry), maybe with this HotWheels, you will drive to a point on a pier reverse into a slot and keep backwards until you let go, where by the spring under compression now released propels you forwards to the new location.

Strider

I'm only just now tuning in but it would be so awesome if the stream ended and they said "oh its available now don't need to wait unti ltomorrow!" :p

U2NUMB

Installing 2.46 gigs...

You can find it in the new Forza Bundle.. go into it and it has the Hot Wheels as part of the deal.. if you own the season pass you can download it

zorbsie

Installing 2.46 gigs...

You can find it in the new Forza Bundle.. go into it and it has the Hot Wheels as part of the deal.. if you own the season pass you can download it

Found it and installing it on PC. Still won't be live till 1pm EST tomorrow though right?

Top Bottom