• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

LoveCake

On the speed boost pad, you mash the brakes and clutch to stop the car right as you get a speed bonus, then let it go to get another one, and repeat until your hands hurt. It sounds easier than it actually is

I have tried it but couldn't get it working properly.

I knew Don Joewon Song had the 'John Cooper Horizon Edition' and seemingly other than some of the devs that play no doubt, DJS is the only person with this car :mad:

Here he is flaunting it and his superior skills :(

Fox Mulder

He's great for the community, but playground games doesn't restore lost saves like that for anyone else. They pissed people off with the same problem.

On the speed boost pad, you mash the brakes and clutch to stop the car right as you get a speed bonus, then let it go to get another one, and repeat until your hands hurt. It sounds easier than it actually is

It works fine going forward, but when I try to switch to gear 1 from a reverse it always boost me far away back from the boost pad.

Fox Mulder

I need to bust out a 360 to play Forza 3 and 4 to up my reward tier to 11. Hopped on forza 5 and had 40 million gifted credits waiting. Lawd.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I need to bust out a 360 to play Forza 3 and 4 to up my reward tier to 11. Hopped on forza 5 and had 40 million gifted credits waiting. Lawd.

I wish they would make those BC.

And I still hate that they included Apex to accumulate reward points.

I also ran into that damn glitch where the rewards aren't updating properly. I bought some tokens in FH1 and it still won't register.

LoveCake

I also ran into that damn glitch where the rewards aren't updating properly. I bought some tokens in FH1 and it still won't register.

I agree, the APEX one is the one that gets me though :mad:

Lima

I don't think we will see FM 2-4 on BC. Both FM 3 and 4 have DLC that's delisted because they don't have the licenses anymore. Kinda sucks.

Fox Mulder

Licensing old cars and music will stop it. Plus they just added old tracks to FM7, so they won't bother.

But fuck Apex.

So I have a digital code now, I installed it on my pc and instead of installing it to the drive I requested this game installed to my main SSD drive, which I didn't want. Is there a way to move the installation folder? I'd prefer not to download damn near 100 gigs again to get it to install in the right place.

Anyone know?

You guys remember M. Rossi and all the hate.

She's back for Forza 7.

DCa9TRqUQAAbV8c.jpg

I started playing FH3 a few weeks ago and I loved it. I think I'll get the Expansion Pass now.

Please feel free to add my Gamertag. I need more gaffers in my friendlist!

GT: MadrugadorDG

Recently got the wife an Xbox 1S and FH3 and we have been working our way through the CoOp campaign and it is a lot of fun. I like how they modify the Bucket Lists and it lets me help her learn the game in a slightly less overwhelming way.

So yeah, getting back into this awesome game again and I am stoked. Anyone up for some GAF fun this weekend?

Recently got the wife an Xbox 1S and FH3 and we have been working our way through the CoOp campaign and it is a lot of fun. I like how they modify the Bucket Lists and it lets me help her learn the game in a slightly less overwhelming way.

So yeah, getting back into this awesome game again and I am stoked. Anyone up for some GAF fun this weekend?

How exactly does coop work? I was thinking of doing it with my son, just wasn't sure how you even linked up.

How exactly does coop work? I was thinking of doing it with my son, just wasn't sure how you even linked up.

The Bucket Lists become a combined effort where you both have to reach a goal together. So if someone is much better at the game, they can get help the other person.

And the races are done as a points thing where you and your partner have to beat the Drivatars to gain points.

zorbsie

M_Rossi.jpg
This makes me so happy. Rossi was always my rival in the older games. Can remember doing a Ford GT40 vs Ferrari 330 P3 endurance race. I was battling it out and only won the race off a bad pit. :)

I'd be down with it if I wasn't in birthday party hell all weekend. :) If you are on later in the night, I'd be down for it though.

rrs

So I have a digital code now, I installed it on my pc and instead of installing it to the drive I requested this game installed to my main SSD drive, which I didn't want. Is there a way to move the installation folder? I'd prefer not to download damn near 100 gigs again to get it to install in the right place.

Anyone know?
Yeah,

Anyone know?

click the start button, run "Apps and Features" (in system settings), should see a list of all your games and apps and you can click on Forza Horizon 3 and move it. You can also set the default install for apps at the top. I had to do the same since my SSD is C: and my games and stuff is on D:

you can use a junction tool later if you just want to move specific folders to C: drive and make a link to them from your D drive. I don't really notice a diff between FH3 being on my SSD and my 7200 rpm drive, load times are all almost the same.

Noobcraft

So my 3 year old made his first Xbox live purchase a few days ago (I just noticed the email lol)

His choice?
BurnoutTM Paradise Toy Collection
Price: $4.99
Quantity: 1

I'm feeling pretty proud.
Also I should put a password on my purchases.

Kolle

Neo Member
Been waiting for it to go on sale for over a month now, and when it finally does it's only available for gold membera. Sucks for us that only play on PC.

I just bought a 2 day gold membership for 2 bucks an then got the game + expansion pass for the discounted price on PC.

zorbsie

Holy shit, how does that work exactly? We have a few of them and my son plays them so do credits transfer forward?

If you have been using the Forza hub rewards it gives you money in all games after 4 I think. So if I were to load up Forza Horizon 1 I'd have a few million waiting for me. Check the message center under gifts I think.

Noobcraft, he could have made worse purchases. :) This is why I set my kids up with their own account that don't have access to the store. But passwords work too.

Jrmint

Hey guys I just started playing yesterday, this game is so much fun.

How do I access the cars from the Deluxe version? I saw they say 'Purchased' in game, but I can't figure out how to get in them.

Thanks much.

zorbsie

Hey guys I just started playing yesterday, this game is so much fun.

How do I access the cars from the Deluxe version? I saw they say 'Purchased' in game, but I can't figure out how to get in them.

Thanks much.

Go to the autoshow. They will be free to buy there. If they aren't in your garage already. It's been a while since I did the start of the game, but I want to say there was a point early on where I got a delivery of cars. It was a brief cutscene. But I think that was loyalty cars.

Fox Mulder

Holy shit, how does that work exactly? We have a few of them and my son plays them so do credits transfer forward?

Forza rewards is a separate app on the Xbox that gives you money in games based on experience.

You can't transfer money between games, but the gifted money keeps adding up in each game waiting for you even if you don't play them.

terrible

Banned
Forza rewards is a separate app on the Xbox that gives you money in games based on experience.

You can't transfer money between games, but the gifted money keeps adding up in each game waiting for you even if you don't play them.

My Forza 4 save got nuked and I was hoping I'd have years worth of rewards sitting there when I tried to play again recently but nope. Only had like 4-5. There must be a message limit or something in that game.

PatzCU

So my 3 year old made his first Xbox live purchase a few days ago (I just noticed the email lol)

His choice?
BurnoutTM Paradise Toy Collection
Price: $4.99
Quantity: 1

I'm feeling pretty proud.
Also I should put a password on my purchases.

This is awesome, you should buy the the real Hot Wheels cars to commemorate.

JMY86

I have never played a racing game before but I have been eyeing this game for a while because it looks cool as hell. I was thinking of buying it while it is on sale but I was not sure how newbie friendly it is. I am a bit wary of playing a racing game as I have zero racing game experience and I tend to crash into shit playing GTA V and other open world games with cars. Will I be able to enjoy this game coming in completely blind?

I have never played a racing game before but I have been eyeing this game for a while because it looks cool as hell. I was thinking of buying it while it is on sale but I was not sure how newbie friendly it is. I am a bit wary of playing a racing game as I have zero racing game experience and I tend to crash into shit playing GTA V and other open world games with cars. Will I be able to enjoy this game coming in completely blind?

Yes. It's a super newcomer-friendly game. You can turn on shitloads of assists at first to just have some silly arcade fun and then turn them off progressively as you get better.

dickroach

I'm not good at racing games at all and I'm having a pretty easy time getting 1st place on every race on "Average" difficulty. like it keeps asking me if I want to raise it to "Above Average" but I don't because I'll start losing. I don't have any assists on (i don't think), and I'm driving in manual, but I crash on literally every sharp-ish turn and can't drift for shit.
but it's really really fun

oh, and there's a rewind button.

rrs

I'm not good at racing games at all and I'm having a pretty easy time getting 1st place on every race on "Average" difficulty. like it keeps asking me if I want to raise it to "Above Average" but I don't because I'll start losing. I don't have any assists on (i don't think), and I'm driving in manual, but I crash on literally every sharp-ish turn and can't drift for shit.
but it's really really fun

oh, and there's a rewind button.
except for the forzathons, expansions and the 1v1 races, there's nothing to fear about losing. In fact, you could gain more credits/XP by upping difficulty and not getting first

dickroach

except for the forzathons, expansions and the 1v1 races, there's nothing to fear about losing. In fact, you could gain more credits/XP by upping difficulty and not getting first

I'm gonna wait until I can actually make a turn without actually smashing into a wall.
according to the stats menu...
time driven: 7h30m
overall completion: 15.2%
average number of collisions in a race: 19
clean laps: 3

I haven't played a racing game in like 10 years. :\

LoveCake

I'm gonna wait until I can actually make a turn without actually smashing into a wall.
according to the stats menu...
time driven: 7h30m
overall completion: 15.2%
average number of collisions in a race: 19
clean laps: 3

I haven't played a racing game in like 10 years. :\

Just have the car in automatic, tire, fuel and auto braking off with traction control and stability control on and see how you get on, what car are you using?

Also what car are you using, it can help to have just one car for each class set to the maximum for the class as the AI will never have a higher rated car then you do, also have it all wheel drive just try and balance the type of tires as the more grip the higher rating they give the car, so less grip can allow more speed and traction with less weight etc, another tip is a fast car like a older Ferrari or Porsche with a low rating can be tuned higher than a maxed out Skyline in the same class.

What is your driving style, are you a 'proper' racer where you break into the apex of the corner and then accelerate out or go in full speed and drift around sideways, because Forza Horizon is sort of in-between.

Just keep at it and try and use one car for a while and learn how it feels and then how well you finish the race, if you are going to hit the wall then hit the handbrake and try and drift to save maybe a little time.

Yes you will. I stayed away because I thought this was going to be like gran turismo. That was a mistake. This game is fucking awesome. If you hate it you can refund it on Xbox live digital as well.

dickroach

Just have the car in automatic, tire, fuel and auto braking off with traction control and stability control on and see how you get on, what car are you using?

Also what car are you using, it can help to have just one car for each class set to the maximum for the class as the AI will never have a higher rated car then you do, also have it all wheel drive just try and balance the type of tires as the more grip the higher rating they give the car, so less grip can allow more speed and traction with less weight etc, another tip is a fast car like a older Ferrari or Porsche with a low rating can be tuned higher than a maxed out Skyline in the same class.

What is your driving style, are you a 'proper' racer where you break into the apex of the corner and then accelerate out or go in full speed and drift around sideways, because Forza Horizon is sort of in-between.

Just keep at it and try and use one car for a while and learn how it feels and then how well you finish the race, if you are going to hit the wall then hit the handbrake and try and drift to save maybe a little time.

the main car I'm using is a Mercedes E 63 AMG, which I've got a really good feel for at this point, but practically every race/circuit has its own class or whatever (cult classic, extreme offroad, etc) so I need to keep getting used to different stuff.
I'm trying to get one maxed out car in every class.
I just picked up a C 63 AMG from an auction last night that seems to be tuned to be a drift monster, so I'm gonna practice with that.

As for driving style? I dunno, I try to downshift, slow down a bit, and maybe drift around sideways a little, before upshifting and straightening out.

Effect

Sorry if this was asked recently. Question. If you turn simulation damage on does that mean the AI's cars take damage as well or is it just you? Meaning it's a self-imposed handicap?

Fox Mulder

Sorry if this was asked recently. Question. If you turn simulation damage on does that mean the AI's cars take damage as well or is it just you? Meaning it's a self-imposed handicap?

It's a self handicap to give you more credits. Ive always have damage turned off completely.

The AI is aggressive while suffering no damage and the game is designed with some crazy off road jumps. I also think the damaged cars look awful, but that's me.

dickroach

I watched some youtube tutorials, and now I'm driving manual w clutch and traction and stability off (stability was off already, dunno if I did that), switching the E-break to LB. drifting's wayyy easier / more fun now, but still crashing on sharp turns.

time played: 8h50m
clean laps: 6

doubled my clean laps :]

also just opened my fourth festival and got a sweet lamborghini for free. awesome

LoveCake

I watched some youtube tutorials, and now I'm driving manual w clutch and traction and stability off (stability was off already, dunno if I did that), switching the E-break to LB. drifting's wayyy easier / more fun now, but still crashing on sharp turns.

time played: 8h50m
clean laps: 6

doubled my clean laps :]

also just opened my fourth festival and got a sweet lamborghini for free. awesome

AWD cars are the king of this game, also try the tunes of Don Joewon Song.

AI cars can get damaged. But it doesn't have a huge effect on proceedings.

In Forza Motorsport it does though - damaged cars will pit.

dickroach

I just spent like 20 minutes customizing the paint/decals on a car, and when I went to save it the game crashed and closed -__________-

this is the third or fourth time it's crashed on my xb1s. the other few times it happened when I got to a barn find. what's the d

Top Bottom