• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

jesu

Maybe it's different in some championships but I just did one where I changed the car from an S1 to an A class. Same race, just quit and selected a different car.

Also, even though it can be overwhelming when you see all the events in an area, I can appreciate not having to take a road trip to change races. Thumbs up Playground.

Yeah the classes aren't set just the type of car.

Hana-Bi

Damn, can't stop buying Forza Edition cars. After getting my first through wheelspin ( Jaguar) I bought the Camaro, Ford GT, Mustang Boss and the GT-R.

xviper

just expanded my festival to level 2, online is still locked, when will it open ? i can't stand to play single player mode in any racing game

DirtyLarry

Just curious, how do we view our own Drivatar card? In particular the one people will see if they recruit us? I am curious to see what my stats are when people see my card.

Also am I completely imagining things, or was there once a browser based vinyl creator for the earlier Forza games?

I am sitting here watching Football and just realized how great it would be if I could play around making some vinyl on my laptop as I am watching the games.
I tried to snap FH3 on the side, it was just too small to make anything with even small details.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I hit level 36 yesterday. Has anyone been asked to do a convoy yet? I have driven all over the place and have yet to be asked to do one.

Anna starts mentioning Convoys pretty early in, essentially if you ever see cars flashing their lights at you(you will constantly) if you honk your horn they will join your convoy and have orange nametags instead of white. Use the Anna menu to abandon the convoy when you wish.

Sadly us wheel users can't access convoys currently because Playground decided not to map the horn in the wheel profile settings. Custom button bindings needs to be implemented soon, its ridiculous.

Is the "take photos of 450 cars" thing different in this Horizon than the last? I used to snap photos at the start of the race and tag 4-5 cars as a shortcut but I'm still at 0 photographed cars?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is the "take photos of 450 cars" thing different in this Horizon than the last? I used to snap photos at the start of the race and tag 4-5 cars as a shortcut but I'm still at 0 photographed cars?

Need to unlock the photo skill perk first I think before you can start checking off cars(its like 2pts in one of the skill trees IIRC), but yes its still here and I always take a photo at the start of every race. Currently at 120/450 cars right now.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
If I bought the horn accelerator, does that mean the "Horn Import" perk is essentially useless (the one where the Mod Team will obtain additional car horns for your cars)? Or does it give car horns that the accelerator doesn't unlock?

DirtyLarry

Just an FYI, if anyone is a Hillary supporter out there, I made a quick version of her campaign logo.

It is just called Hillary 2016. Made by DirtyLawrence. Obviously feel free to use it if you want. If you just search made by DirtyLawrence it comes up pretty much right away.

Osbc.jpg

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, VIP finally fixed on PC for me. Got the 15 cars downloaded, and got the double credit bonuses on the wheel spins I had banked. Now I can really dig into the game without worrying over missing bonuses.

Sadly us wheel users can't access convoys currently because Playground decided not to map the horn in the wheel profile settings. Custom button bindings needs to be implemented soon, its ridiculous.

Yep. That's my remaining annoyance. Well that and some stutters, but those are minimal on my rig just going with the auto detect settings thankfully.

Just need to add button mapping and I'll be all set.

xviper

i have been playing for 2 hours, unlocked new area, reached rank 3, and still the online has not been unlocked yet, is this some glitch ??

The Byron Bay Goliath Circuit is probably the most fun circuit in the game. It's a race around the whole map following only the fastest roads, with the only real tight slow corners being a set of hairpins in the Outback. Surprisingly enough it's lap-based too, I'm doing a 3 lap race on it right now in the Ultima 1020 and it's so fun.

It's basically like Horizon 3's Nurburgring, it takes a while but it's fun and pays a shitload.

HeliosT10

Hey guys,

In order to help us look into the Ultimate Edition issues on Xbox One we looking for a player who doesn't have working VIP on Xbox One, and has acquired Ultimate Edition digitally, and has confirmed that the DLC isn't in their Ready to Install (ideally via picture they share). If this is you then please can you private message me with the title (Xbox One - VIP Issue volunteer).

We are also looking into issues with Xbox One Ultimate Edition owners who bought a physical copy too

Strider

Racing online lets me know I am painfully average lol

Middle of the pack basically every event/championship

Gotta show off the liveries I made tho!

terrible

Banned
Racing online lets me know I am painfully average lol

Middle of the pack basically every event/championship

Gotta show off the liveries I made tho!

You also have to remember that it's still just Ultimate Edition players playing right now so we can assume the % of "hardcore" players is way higher now than it will be after the normal version releases. You're probably better than you think.

Strider

Tbh one thing I dislike is the "undiscovered" mechanic. I don't wanna have to drive to a location to only find out it's an event I don't really wanna do. Wish it just told me from the get go

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm so sad that I got sick again right at the start of the weekend. I want to play but I just can't keep my eyes open. :(

At least the VIP stuff is working, thanks for sorting that out.

Question, when you upgrade a festival are you required to buy one of those cars on sale? Or can you back out?

Fox Mulder

Why does every forza game make it a pain in the ass to get your free dlc cars? Just put them in my garage.

I hate having to go through so many menus over and over again just to get the cars. It's been this way for years even though it's awful.

You have to hit view all, hit sort, select value, scroll to free, select the car, skip the design screen, choose a color, confirm, and load back out to the beginning. For each car. Why????

RedStep

Hey guys,

In order to help us look into the Ultimate Edition issues on Xbox One we looking for a player who doesn't have working VIP on Xbox One, and has acquired Ultimate Edition digitally, and has confirmed that the DLC isn't in their Ready to Install (ideally via picture they share). If this is you then please can you private message me with the title (Xbox One - VIP Issue volunteer).

We are also looking into issues with Xbox One Ultimate Edition owners who bought a physical copy too

You are the best, thanks! The situation sucks, and Xbox Support lost the plot with this one, but you're alright.

RoKKeR

Just witnessed an absolutely incredible sunrise, will try to get a gif of it.

I spend way too much time in photo/drone mode.

nakedeyes

Banned
Is the multiplayer on PC version supposed to be working yet? I can seem to look for a game, and even find one, but when I "Press X to Join Session" it just thinks for a minute and then does nothing. Have tried about 20 times.

Does it play like a radio station?

It kind of does, although it just seemingly plays through the playlist in order and doesn't shuffle. Also I haven't had any skill songs on the groove music station yet, so I played with it for like an hour and then went back to normal songs.

Pakoe

Is the multiplayer on PC version supposed to be working yet? I can seem to look for a game, and even find one, but when I "Press X to Join Session" it just thinks for a minute and then does nothing. Have tried about 20 times.

I could join a game last time i played.

PXB8RuU.png

30 minute race put me up 9 levels. 256k credits directly from the race, then 1,000,000 and a BMW M6 from the prize spins i got from said 9 levels.

nakedeyes

Banned
I could join a game last time i played.

Huh. Yeah it seems like it is trying to work.. I just can't actually connect to any games.

I also seemed to have had the bug where the VIP wasn't working, but that just started working this morning. Maybe I need to restart and give it another go.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can I ban Drivatars from my games? This one is so aggressive its ruining everything and ALWAYS shows up. ALWAYS.

Also pretty salty when I race against Warthogs but I cant use mine :(
RIP Warthog, you never showed up.

Top Bottom