• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Klocker

Anna starts mentioning Convoys pretty early in, essentially if you ever see cars flashing their lights at you(you will constantly) if you honk your horn they will join your convoy and have orange nametags instead of white. Use the Anna menu to abandon the convoy when you wish.

Sadly us wheel users can't access convoys currently because Playground decided not to map the horn in the wheel profile settings. Custom button bindings needs to be implemented soon, its ridiculous.

Yea they port the control over directly from FM games it seems. They still have a controller scheme, 12, where gas and brakes are on right stick and despite 3 buttons being completely unused they do Not have a button to change the camera. Been that way since FM5 at least.

Ridiculous.

Custom mapping is way overdue

What race was that?

This:

The Byron Bay Goliath Circuit is probably the most fun circuit in the game. It's a race around the whole map following only the fastest roads, with the only real tight slow corners being a set of hairpins in the Outback. Surprisingly enough it's lap-based too, I'm doing a 3 lap race on it right now in the Ultima 1020 and it's so fun.

It's basically like Horizon 3's Nurburgring, it takes a while but it's fun and pays a shitload.

I did 3 laps and each is pretty much exactly 10 minutes in the Ultima. It's at the beach near the first festival site, I have it at max upgrade so I'm not sure when the race unlocked.

RoKKeR

This sunrise though... jaw on the floor. Sorry for the shitty gif.

Kw3liEg.gif

Klocker

Why does every forza game make it a pain in the ass to get your free dlc cars? Just put them in my garage.

I hate having to go through so many menus over and over again just to get the cars. It's been this way for years even though it's awful.

You have to hit view all, hit sort, select value, scroll to free, select the car, skip the design screen, choose a color, confirm, and load back out to the beginning. For each car. Why????

Although I agree they should put in your garage, if you scroll over to Marketplace instead of Buy cars section, you can pick your DLC there and only those cars are there for you to choose. Still takes time. It not as frustrating as searching the Auto Sales section.

Okay so I bought the Ultimate edition because I'm weak, downloading now. If I'm playing on PC do I still need Xbox Live to get online? I'm assuming yes but I haven't renewed that shit in six months and would really like to not have to.

robotrock

Banned
Im trying to play this but I am so terrible at driving a car. I could drive in Burnout Paradise but this game is like...how do I take a corner

Pakoe

Im trying to play this but I am so terrible at driving a car. I could drive in Burnout Paradise but this game is like...how do I take a corner

Brake, steer, don't accelerate just let it roll while steering and while rolling out of the corner slowly accelerate again.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Why does every forza game make it a pain in the ass to get your free dlc cars? Just put them in my garage.

I hate having to go through so many menus over and over again just to get the cars. It's been this way for years even though it's awful.

You have to hit view all, hit sort, select value, scroll to free, select the car, skip the design screen, choose a color, confirm, and load back out to the beginning. For each car. Why????

Yea, I just spent 20+ minutes getting all the cars into my garage myself. I kept looking for a collect all button, but alas sitting through all those selection/save/loading menus was forced upon me.

Doikor

After some googling about my multiplayer not working found out that the xbox app can be used to check the status of xbox networking. Settings -> network in the xbox app. The Xbox app also had a link what to do when Teredo has decided to disable itself once it found out that it is not working.

Brandon F

I'm assuming you are just keeping accelerate locked down at all times? Gotta learn to let off gas and feather or push brake while cornering until through the turn before hitting accelerate again. You'll get the feel for it and will likely go very slow while learning(the driving line helps to signal braking and gas) but with a bit of practice you will get the feel.

I recommend buying a hatchback and spending time practicing as they handle quite nicely and will let you acclimate far better than muscle or superfast missile cars.

Brandon F

Yea they port the control over directly from FM games it seems. They still have a controller scheme, 12, where gas and brakes are on right stick and despite 3 buttons being completely unused they do Not have a button to change the camera. Been that way since FM5 at least.

Ridiculous.

Custom mapping is way overdue

It's weird because Apex let me customize the button configuration for my wheel profile once I tested when the patch landed, but not Horizon 3. Amateur hour.

ekim

I just noticed after 10 hours that rivals is completely different now. So you trigger those from the menu exclusively? And can you easily set up a free roam MP with club members from somewhere?

DrBo42

Is the Club interface gated to something or is it just locked because I'm not in one? How do you join one?

Edit: Gated to 3rd festival and upgrades. Yikes.

desu

The Byron Bay Goliath Circuit is probably the most fun circuit in the game. It's a race around the whole map following only the fastest roads, with the only real tight slow corners being a set of hairpins in the Outback. Surprisingly enough it's lap-based too, I'm doing a 3 lap race on it right now in the Ultima 1020 and it's so fun.

So those type of races are still in! I was really bummed that the credits rolled after the final showcase. For me a horizon game has to end with a 10-15 minute race though the whole map. Can't wait to play that one once I unlock it.

Bravoexo

You lost a barn find? Oo

Yeah. Decided to try the Xbox One version...got to the Beach Buggy's barn area in the evening... waited like 15 minutes so that the sun would come up... found it... drove to Surfer's Paradise's event HQ... thought it would save there... drove out, found a new route/race nearby...tried it... stuck in the loading screen for the race... quit... relaunched the game just to check... and after a longer loadtime than expected, buggy was still unfound...

Say what you want about the PC version... at least it loads fast...

Something else to consider for people who are new to Forza and using a controller is setting the steering dead zone to 0-100.

Steering in Forza games with the default dead zone setting just feels really sluggish to a lot of people.

ekim

So those type of races are still in! I was really bummed that the credits rolled after the final showcase. For me a horizon game has to end with a 10-15 minute race though the whole map. Can't wait to play that one once I unlock it.

How long did it take you to reach the credits?

desu

How long did it take you to reach the credits?

Ingame counter says I only played 17h so far, pretty sure its a lot more.

Either way maybe 15-20h? I mean it depends a lot on what you do. You can so easily get lost in just driving around.

robotrock

Banned
Brake, steer, don't accelerate just let it roll while steering and while rolling out of the corner slowly accelerate again.

Brake before turning.

I'm assuming you are just keeping accelerate locked down at all times? Gotta learn to let off gas and feather or push brake while cornering until through the turn before hitting accelerate again. You'll get the feel for it and will likely go very slow while learning(the driving line helps to signal braking and gas) but with a bit of practice you will get the feel.

I recommend buying a hatchback and spending time practicing as they handle quite nicely and will let you acclimate far better than muscle or superfast missile cars.

Thanks for the tips! Game is feeling a lot better to me now. You guys were right about me constantly accelerating.

Goddamn, that Bucket List challenge in the Venom GT at the airport is something.

It's short, but delivers atmosphere in spades: pulling up to the line at twilight, runway lights stretching off to infinity and the fanfare of Strauss' "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" building to its amazing crescendo. Chills on top of chills.

LoveCake

I hit level 36 yesterday. Has anyone been asked to do a convoy yet? I have driven all over the place and have yet to be asked to do one.

Is that where you get some drivers with orange icons around their gamertag? I had some this evening and something flashed up on the screen about doing a convoy to someplace, I didn't know what to do, they followed me for a little bit and I tried to follow them, I didn't click on the (X) button, it just all disappeared, I was on my way to something else, so I didn't take part.

I have to say that the Koenigsegg Regera is WOW! what a weapon, the right trigger is not so much a accelerator but a hyperspace button, the Koenigsegg One:1 is faster but the way the Regera moves along the road without any gear changes is something else.

Ps5JQom.gif

Goddamn, that Bucket List challenge in the Venom GT at the airport is something.

It's short, but delivers atmosphere in spades: pulling up to the line at twilight, runway lights stretching off to infinity and the fanfare of Strauss' "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" building to its amazing crescendo. Chills on top of chills.

Venom Hot Lap nightmares come up every time I saw that car.

Is that where you get some drivers with orange icons around their gamertag? I had some this evening and something flashed up on the screen about doing a convoy to someplace, I didn't know what to do, they followed me for a little bit and I tried to follow them, I didn't click on the (X) button, it just all disappeared, I was on my way to something else, so I didn't take part.

Yes. You probably beeped your horn w/o realizing it and started the convoy.

I've spent like 90%of my time in the outback. This game makes me homesick :(

Playground may have taken some liberties with geography, but they nailed the sense of place better than i have ever seen a video game do.

desu

Geez fuck this game :|.

I just wanted to do the 25 lap achievement. In round 24 my car suddenly stops, no more fuel! I always play with simulation for damage/fuel and should rather have turned if off. Still in the game in a circuit there is no way to refuel so this is total bullshit! 25 minutes down the drain.

LoveCake

Yes. You probably beeped your horn w/o realizing it and started the convoy.

Are they actual 'real people playing' that are in/on my map (right place at the right time) and the horn activates a convoy?

The thing is I had the radio on about 7 and I was driving pretty fast, I have a surround system so I couldn't hear what the woman was saying about it or what to do, if I had known it was 'real people' I would have had a go.

I just wanted to do the 25 lap achievement. In round 24 my car suddenly stops, no more fuel! I always play with simulation for damage/fuel and should rather have turned if off. Still in the game in a circuit there is no way to refuel so this is total bullshit! 25 minutes down the drain.

The cars can be set to use up fuel, but there are no places to refuel when doing a long race! that's one hell of a oversight.

eek5

Are they actual 'real people playing' that are in/on my map (right place at the right time) and the horn activates a convoy?

The thing is I had the radio on about 7 and I was driving pretty fast, I have a surround system so I couldn't hear what the woman was saying about it or what to do, if I had known it was 'real people' I would have had a go.

No one is real in free roam unless you're in online free roam.

Midnight.

And man, that Groove music station is janky as hell. Lots of looping bits of song, and lots of dead air. Will just go back to using the app in background music mode.

Can you get skill songs on groove music station?

Fox Mulder

What's with the Xbox One's version long load times?! I lost a barn find because of that...

Really long load times are caused by server issues.

Sucks. I never play horizon with sim damage, as I don't see the point. The AI doesn't suffer damage from what I can tell.

Top Bottom