• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

desu

what really?

what is the cut off point? ive been going for high score in attempts to get skill points. if the max is 3 per run ill just stop after I cross that threshold.

When you do a skill chain and start racking up the points, apparently it tops out at 3 skill points and 12.5k XP. What score would that be at? I'd rather do a few smaller chains to try to earn XP than get a million points which doesn't seem to 'do' anything.

300k for the skillpoints, EXP is a lot more. 300k skill should be 2-3k EXP.

Doikor

Does anybody bother with tuning? That stuff has always been super arcane to me. You were forced to do it in the FM games but the cars seem to drive fine in Horizon, even when your upgrades boost your car PI a couple of levels

You can just load tunings made by someone else. Also use the search with the keywords. For example I found a great drifting setup for my Ford Focus RS Forza Edition that I used to 3 star all the drift events I've found it very easily.

rrs

What's everyone's thoughts on playing with TCS? I have everything else disabled with Simulation steering, but playing without TCS on S1/S2 just aggravates me more than the enjoyment I get out of having to truly control the car. I wish I could set up profiles or something so that TCS is enabled on certain cars while disabled on everything else.
I don't really use it on normal steering, also the race cars are grip city and are completely broken in S2

RoKKeR

I tonight realized that I had been playing with an artificial handicap this entire time... had steering set to Normal. Somehow glossed over it when I was setting up my difficulty initially. Switched to Simulation and it is honestly a night and day difference. The cars are harder to handle of course, but the steering is so much more responsive and reactive... really makes it easier to make subtle adjustments and throw the car around.

Also the wide body kits on the BMW M4 are hot.

Doikor

Yeah certain cars can't be driven without TCS, but I leave it off as much as possible I like to drift everything!

Yeah my tuned Koenigsegg One:1 still wheel spins at 250km/h if I don't use TCS. For most of the cars I drive without it and some just are impossible to drive without it.

I tonight realized that I had been playing with an artificial handicap this entire time... had steering set to Normal. Somehow glossed over it when I was setting up my difficulty initially. Switched to Simulation and it is honestly a night and day difference. The cars are harder to handle of course, but the steering is so much more responsive and reactive... really makes it easier to make subtle adjustments and throw the car around.

Also the wide body kits on the BMW M4 are hot.
Are you using a wheel or a controller? I always thought normal was supposed to best with controllers. Would be open to experimentation though.

Noobcraft

I need a HE car :O.
They're pretty easy to get on the auction house. Drop 800k-1.5M on an xp boost car and it should pay itself off in 6 laps around the Goliath circuit. I used the HE Jaguar with the AWD mod, and I went from level 54 to 75 in 3 laps (268k xp). There were lots of wheelspins lol.

ekim

They're pretty easy to get on the auction house. Drop 800k-1.5M on an xp boost car and it should pay itself off in 6 laps around the Goliath circuit. I used the HE Jaguar with the AWD mod, and I went from level 54 to 75 in 3 laps (268k xp).

XP boost cars? :eek:

Noobcraft

XP boost cars? :eek:
Horizon Edition cars come with boosts. The Jaguar F-Type, Subaru BRZ, and some muscle car come with XP boosts that double the xp you earn from races. Other cars boost skill points, drifting points, credits earned, etc.
XP boosting cars are clearly the best though because of wheelspins and the boost to the club you're in.

Nabbed a Jaguar F Type HE for 1m, going to sell the SRT Viper HE for the same price, can't drive that thing at all, might as well make back some cash. I have another Ford GT HE to use if I want a double credits car anyway.

So I've been playing like a maniac this weekend and I gotta say that this might be the best racing game ever created.

I'm playing with the AI set to expert or pro, depending on the situation. Don't you guys find those "illegal" night races a little too difficult?

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Dominator

After upgrading the first festival site to Level 5, that area on the map is honestly a little overwhelming lol

Also, some of the speed traps and drift challenges around the map are fucking brutal. So difficult.

Momentary

Banned
The only 3 cars I had to have in this game are the AM Zagato V12, the TVR Sagaris, and the Shelby Daytona.

I know that the Shelby Daytona is a rare car in real life, but it's 8,000,000 credits in this game. Am I the only one that thinks that's a little ridiculous.

I have 2,200,000 credits right now, but that took me forever to earn. Do any of you suggest anything different. I wonder the Horizon edition. Viper on a slot spin and it gives me a credit boost... could that help or is the boost worthless?

terrible

Banned
Oh god, I just joined the gaf club and now it's comparing road discoveries and such with other club members...

These numbers are waaaay higher than when it was comparing it to people on my friend's list.

The rumour that nobody on GAF actually plays games is apparently false.

The only 3 cars I had to have in this game are the AM Zagato V12, the TVR Sagaris, and the Shelby Daytona.

I know that the Shelby Daytona is a rare car in real life, but it's 8,000,000 credits in this game. Am I the only one that thinks that's a little ridiculous.

I have 2,200,000 credits right now, but that took me forever to earn. Do any of you suggest anything different. I wonder the Horizon edition. Viper on a slot spin and it gives me a credit boost... could that help or is the boost worthless?

VIP plus HE edition car bonus are huge, play the long lap tracks, basically you can get something like 500k every 10 minutes.

Will there be room left in the GAF club tomorrow for us normal people? Is there still a 1000 member limit on clubs?
We've all got drivatars doing things for us.

Still 1000 limit, we are only at something like 270 members, still plenty of room! Be quick though!

Dominator

Will there be room left in the GAF club tomorrow for us normal people? Is there still a 1000 member limit on clubs?
We've all got drivatars doing things for us.
Last I looked (few hours ago) there was about 250 members. If its 1000 most people should be fine I would imagine.

terrible

Banned
They're pretty easy to get on the auction house. Drop 800k-1.5M on an xp boost car and it should pay itself off in 6 laps around the Goliath circuit. I used the HE Jaguar with the AWD mod, and I went from level 54 to 75 in 3 laps (268k xp). There were lots of wheelspins lol.

Oh my god.

I'm bidding on the Jaaaaaaggg now.

edit: I won one for $500K. Mmm.

Still no Warthog in my Xbox game. I've got the code, I've redeemed it, the item is sat there in my Games And Apps section. But no sign of it in the game.

Daffy Duck

After upgrading the first festival site to Level 5, that area on the map is honestly a little overwhelming lol

Also, some of the speed traps and drift challenges around the map are fucking brutal. So difficult.

Yeah I hate some of the drift zones, they are so hard when AI racers come screaming at you mid drift and stop you dead.

TheKeyPit

Banned
So I've been playing like a maniac this weekend and I gotta say that this might be the best racing game ever created.

I'm playing with the AI set to expert or pro, depending on the situation. Don't you guys find those "illegal" night races a little too difficult?

Those races are definitely the hardest.

------

Soon I'm going to try out that "Start at 4th place in the next four campaign races" perk with Drivatars set to Unbeatable. Curious if that works for Street Races.

------

Grinding fans for the last two festival upgrades is a pain. Races will give you around 150k fans while a successful championship will net you additional ~250k fans.

I wish the other festivals would have a Circuit Race too that spans a larger portion of the map.

willbsn13

I find myself playing Mr Willbertsin's blueprints simply because of the names of them.

Thanks man, I tried to make them a little interesting so people would play them... although it seems theres no way to tell if a person's played your event? Unless I'm missing something?

Top Bottom