• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Is there an idiot's guide to playing co-op on PC? When my buddy and I try none of us get any kind of in-game notification about an invite and we can never join each other's session.
I'm not at home so I can't quite remember the name of the tab in the start menu, it's either a multiplayer or online tab, but go there and select co-op. Send out invites and at least one player has to queue up with you at this moment. Once someone does, return to the game and you should see a notification saying "press X to start co-op session" or something like that. You should be good to go and you can invite additional players from there. Keep in mind everyone needs to at least make it to the second Horizon festival to join. This is assuming it's the same as Xbox though.

Phatcorns

I got an edge case scenario question about the Ultimate edition.

I bought the Xbox One physical Ultimate edition today and redeemed my VIP membership. If I buy the Standard PC download on Tuesday, will I be able to continue on with my save on PC and also continue to get the VIP perks and my DLC cars that I have downloaded?

RS4-

...so on PC, is there anyway to actually shortcut the AH by searching manually without actually having to deal with all the scrolling?

Say I wanted a Nissan, why can't I just search via some sort of KB/popup/radial menu instead of holding right on the stick/pad. Why isn't the search persistent instead of always backing me out to do it all over again if I wanted to keep within the same brand but different model.

nikos

When I switch to hood cam, my preferred view, the game is really bright, sort of like a bloom effect. Looks fine in every other view. Wasn't having this issue the other day. Xbox version. Any ideas?

When I switch to hood cam, my preferred view, the game is really bright. Looks fine in every other view. Wasn't having this issue the other day. Xbox version. Any ideas?

I noticed the same on PC it's brighter than all the other views for some reason lol.

Also YaY my warthog randomly showed up in game as a gift on PC, then it went missing for a while but it ended up in my garage somehow, so yay!

Still missing the pre-order merc tho but meh.

HeliosT10

If you're an Xbox One user who's had issues with Ultimate Edition add-ons, can you please check the "Ready to Install" section when you go to manage game for Forza Horizon 3 as this should now be corrected.

Thanks again for your patience whilst we got to the root of the problem and applied the fix.

nikos

I noticed the same on PC it's brighter than all the other views for some reason lol.

Also YaY my warthog randomly showed up in game as a gift on PC, then it went missing for a while but it ended up in my garage somehow, so yay!

Still missing the pre-order merc tho but meh.

Changing cars seems to have solved the issue, for now. Tried a bunch, including the one that caused the issue, and it seems to be working normally.

EDIT: Issue persisted after leaving the festival area. Probably was harder to tell with the lighting there.

Grazzt

Can you elaborate what you mean when you say have it but you can't use it?
I redeemed the code before the demo was released. Then the warthog was attached to the demo, in the demo's download list. So now I can't download it for the full game. Hope the solution you mentioned can solve this problem.

I redeemed the code before the demo was released. Then the warthog was attached to the demo, in the demo's download list. So now I can't download it for the full game. Hope the solution you mentioned can solve this problem.
The same except my Warthog is nowhere to be found on my ready to install list. It's not listed under the main game and the demo.

It's like I never claimed the code. I did however and I still have the XBL message.

Hmm, so ~16 levels to get a level 5 festival?
Not bad.

Suuure...

Some of the "levels" are "build another festival" - you might need to look up exact progressions to figure out details like how to minmax your first level 5 festival.

That being said, I think that the game loses some fun if you play that way honestly. Just drive... it's the most fun I've had in the game.

Klocker

Suuure...

Some of the "levels" are "build another festival" - you might need to look up exact progressions to figure out details like how to minmax your first level 5 festival.

That being said, I think that the game loses some fun if you play that way honestly. Just drive... it's the most fun I've had in the game.

Yea I'm no completionist but that said, this game can last for months if you just enjoy whatever you are enjoying at the moment an letting it upgrade organically. Chasing the levels and festival growth is missing the bigger picture. I have spent just as much time racing drivatars and doing drifting in palm tree farms as festival races and I have loved every minute of it.

_woLf

Driving around in cities really makes me want the next FH in Japan

r2PnUSt.gif

pwtfnwg.gif

Japan would be a perfect setting for a Horizon game, too. Perfect mixture of urban and rural landscapes.

Ryhian

I consider myself having played a lot this weekend. Those of you who are 75+ what is your secret? Maybe this is more focused for those 100+.

If you're an Xbox One user who's had issues with Ultimate Edition add-ons, can you please check the "Ready to Install" section when you go to manage game for Forza Horizon 3 as this should now be corrected.

Thanks again for your patience whilst we got to the root of the problem and applied the fix.

My hero!! All three packs were waiting and ready to install!!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
We've basically got the full list of eligible people for the warthog, then narrowed it to those who have played and haven't had a warthog in their garage ever. You should be fine.

Thank you! I redeemed my code before the game released, and it's not in my managed games under FH3 nor in my garage so I was hoping there would be a fix for this! This makes my day! =D

SZips

This is maybe a really stupid question but: How did people get codes for the Warthog? I'm guessing this was something tied to Halo 5?

Iceman829

Great races today with GAFers. Lots of laughs. Still think my Ferrari FXX K is a great rally car. :)

Plenty of fun all weekend playing the co-op campaign and online with everyone.

This is maybe a really stupid question but: How did people get codes for the Warthog? I'm guessing this was something tied to Halo 5?

Something along the lines of playing MCC or Halo 5 before the 23rd I think.

Egg0

Banned
Oh god, I just joined the gaf club and now it's comparing road discoveries and such with other club members...

These numbers are waaaay higher than when it was comparing it to people on my friend's list.

Getting barn find glitch, where I'm stuck on a cut scene permanently. No control at all.
Have had two crashes so far, both related to barn finds. The first when selecting a restored barn find to add to the garage and the second when finding a barn - just before the cinematic loaded.

Yup, all the ultimate edition stuff is now there and working, thanks!

bedlamite

Does anybody bother with tuning? That stuff has always been super arcane to me. You were forced to do it in the FM games but the cars seem to drive fine in Horizon, even when your upgrades boost your car PI a couple of levels

0racle

These " forza edition" cars, are they only fr wheel spin and auction house ? Are the identical to cars you can buy but just have a perk?

Is there a list and the associated perk of all horizon edition cars?

Took the training wheels off and turned off traction control and guide line. It is a whole new game now. :eek:
No take of rewind and shit gets real, especially in those offroad races where collisions, bad jumps and rocks can shut you down. You have to be on your A-game to keep the chaos from ruining a run.

rrs

These " forza edition" cars, are they only fr wheel spin and auction house ? Are the identical to cars you can buy but just have a perk?

Is there a list and the associated perk of all horizon edition cars?
cars can give either a cash, XP, or skill boost

etta

my hard graphic balls
Suuure...

Yea I'm not foing it to rush through the game, I just wanna get as much moneis as possible because I want a LOT of specific cars as soon as possible.

Oh god, I just joined the gaf club and now it's comparing road discoveries and such with other club members...

These numbers are waaaay higher than when it was comparing it to people on my friend's list.

Yeah, it's great seeing the GAF club members' inclusion to stats comparisons. I don't have many Xbox friends, so playing on PC and having those spots filled with club members is really cool.

My lost Warthog just randomly showed up as a gifted car while I was playing. Thanks Playground! Probably my favorite racing game of all time!

Yea I'm not foing it to rush through the game, I just wanna get as much moneis as possible because I want a LOT of specific cars as soon as possible.

Best way to do this is to race high value targets. There's a perk to make them swarm the festival areas.

Invis

What's everyone's thoughts on playing with TCS? I have everything else disabled with Simulation steering, but playing without TCS on S1/S2 just aggravates me more than the enjoyment I get out of having to truly control the car. I wish I could set up profiles or something so that TCS is enabled on certain cars while disabled on everything else.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Someone asked earlier but I didn't see an answer..

When you do a skill chain and start racking up the points, apparently it tops out at 3 skill points and 12.5k XP. What score would that be at? I'd rather do a few smaller chains to try to earn XP than get a million points which doesn't seem to 'do' anything.

zero86r

What's everyone's thoughts on playing with TCS? I have everything else disabled with Simulation steering, but playing without TCS on S1/S2 just aggravates me more than the enjoyment I get out of having to truly control the car. I wish I could set up profiles or something so that TCS is enabled on certain cars while disabled on everything else.
Yeah certain cars can't be driven without TCS, but I leave it off as much as possible I like to drift everything!

Top Bottom