• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

AsianOni

Happy to wake up and see this today!

prem8syd.png

Should have the download completed later. Out of interest, what are people installing it to, SSD or HDD? I could have gone with SSD, but after the nightmare I had with the W10 update I'm now inclined to keep as much data off my OS drive (SSD) as possible.

I bought another SSD just to install my games, but I still had to uninstall some games to have enough space for FH3... Maybe I should clean my Steam folder.

Happy to wake up and see this today!

prem8syd.png

Should have the download completed later. Out of interest, what are people installing it to, SSD or HDD? I could have gone with SSD, but after the nightmare I had with the W10 update I'm now inclined to keep as much data off my OS drive (SSD) as possible.

I have a total mishmash of storage in my PC. I have a 250GB SSD for my OS, a 2TB mechanical for most games and programs, an oldish 500GB, and a 512GB M2. At the time I bought it the M2 was the fastest thing available, 2.5Gb/s read and write, so you can bet your arse I've put Forza on that lol.

Curious to see how it runs and streams data on something so fast.

Seventy70

I'm kind of confused about the cross play. Let's say that I purchased the game on my brother's account. Is there any way for him to play on Xbox and for me to play on PC simultaneously on my account? On the Xbox cross play FAQ, it says that you can only play on one thing at a time, but idk if that means on a single account or what. I remember back when Halo 5 came out, we were able to play on two separate Xbox Ones at the same time with only one digital copy. All I had to do is add his account on my Xbox. Is anything like this possible for PC?

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm kind of confused about the cross play. Let's say that I purchased the game on my brother's account. Is there any way for him to play on Xbox and for me to play on PC simultaneously on my account? On the Xbox cross play FAQ, it says that you can only play on one thing at a time, but idk if that means on a single account or what. I remember back when Halo 5 came out, we were able to play on two separate Xbox Ones at the same time with only one digital copy. All I had to do is add his account on my Xbox. Is anything like this possible for PC?

Looking at your post, you probably know the Home Console way to play a game on two different accounts. If you want to play on PC and Xbox One: The account that wants to play the game on PC, needs to buy it/unlock it and have the Xbox One set as his Home Console.

We have someone in here who tried it exactly this way with Recore and I've quoted him in two or three threads already. If you wanna look it up, just search in this thread for "home console". It should give you the results for these posts.

Azzawon

From what you've just described, you would need to purchase it on your account as well anyway. But from what I've heard, there can only be one instance of the game running between PC and Xbox, not entirely sure whether that's from the same account or not though.

Not sure if it's been tested this way though:

Account A -> Owns Play Anywhere title.
Account A -> Plays Play Anywhere title on PC.
Account B -> Plays Play Anywhere title owned by Account A using the 'Set as Home Xbox' sharing feature on Xbox One.

Edit: Beaten, there you have it!

AsianOni

For those that already have the game, I'd like to know something about the large bodykits (Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk, ...). They seem to come as a package with also performance mods. Can we still customize the car or is it "locked" once you install the bodykit ?

willbsn13

For those that already have the game, I'd like to know something about the large bodykits (Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk, ...). They seem to come as a package with also performance mods. Can we still customize the car or is it "locked" once you install the bodykit ?

From all the streams I've seen today, the bodykit preset is just a quick way to slap the bodykit/visual customization on + a pre-made tune from playground. For convenience sake

If you want to go into custom upgrade and go to the nines, you can as well. You can just install one of the kits and nothing else if you so desire.

AsianOni

From all the streams I've seen today, the bodykit preset is just a quick way to slap the bodykit/visual customization on + a pre-made tune from playground. For convenience sake

If you want to go into custom upgrade and go to the nines, you can as well. You can just install one of the kits and nothing else if you so desire.

Thanks a lot, that's a relief.

m23

Sounds good. I'm going to spend hours and hours in customization, like every Forza game, and this one looks like it'll have more options than ever before.

jesu

At last they've took my money and Ultimate edition is paid for!
Roll on Friday.
Just need my Warthog code now...

shanafan

Curious, for those who will play Forza on PC, do you use a controller for the game? Would anyone play keyboard/mouse with a racer on PC?

Strider

12 am. :)
If you bought it from the US store.

Sorry to be a nuisance but... 12 am what? lol

Eastern or pacific? Because that will determine if I stay up thursday night to play it :p

Edit: Oh seems like a quick edit or I'm blind lol thanks for the answer! And looks like I'll be playing tomorrow night then!

I wish they let me play on PC with the Xbox One disc serving as a hardware key check, basically how it works on XONE anyway.

I want the physical releas :(

Theorry

Sorry to be a nuisance but... 12 am what? lol

Eastern or pacific? Because that will determine if I stay up thursday night to play it :p

Edit: Oh seems like a quick edit or I'm blind lol thanks for the answer! And looks like I'll be playing tomorrow night then!

Quick edit haha.

deoee

You guys discussed methods of buying in the HK store before, I can't find it anymore...

How excactly does this work?

zorbsie

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I just got the game running on my Xbox one using my kid's account and then loaded the game up on PC. As long as I'm not signed in on both devices it seems to work. Have to unlock online mode on kid's game to see if we can coop together, but I don't see that being an issue.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I just got the game running on my Xbox one using my kid's account and then loaded the game up on PC. As long as I'm not signed in on both devices it seems to work. Have to unlock online mode on kid's game to see if we can coop together, but I don't see that being an issue.

Awesome news. I'd like to tar and feather that guy who gave us the bad info the other day. :p

zorbsie

Awesome news. I'd like to tar and feather that guy who gave us the bad info the other day. :p

Only issue I had was I was still signed in on my xbox. Got a notice on PC that asked if I wanted to continue the game on PC or Xbox. Went to Xbox and signed myself out. Only my daughters account was signed in. Worked fine from that point on. I was doing a race for her and then switching and doing a race for myself. Both running at the same time.

I think I am going to contact Microsoft tonight and ask if I can upgrade to Ultimate. I hope I don't have to install the whole thing again.

Top Bottom