• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Strider

There is an option to unlock the framerate, right?

Yea if you turn off V-sync

Edit: beaten.

Well seeing as the counter on the top right showed him dipping below 30 to as low as 27, I'm not sure his 60fps performance would look too hot.

Yep. I have a similar rig to that pc but I wasn't expecting to be able to run 1080p/locked 60 fps on ultra.

In general tho game seems to run pretty well. 1080p60 on high settings seems really likely for me which is great. Tbh I just want it to look like the xb1 version but at 60 fps... Anything better is a bonus.

witness

About to crack and change my preorder to the Ultimate edition on Amazon instead of the standard. I do get the prime discount so I could get it for $80......

zorbsie

In general tho game seems to run pretty well. 1080p60 on high settings seems really likely for me which is great. Tbh I just want it to look like the xb1 version but at 60 fps... Anything better is a bonus.

This is my thoughts. I know I have an older system and my video card isn't the best. I just wanted to try it out on ultra to see how it would run. Just downloaded the new Nvidia drivers, might give it another go and see if anything changes. Ultimately I might just drop it down to high and unlocked framerate. Need more tests :)

Installing: 47,35 GB
Patch: 4,3 GB

More pics...

3WDKBAI.jpg

0bC0Tjk.jpg

jED1D62.jpg

Installing: 47,35 GB
Patch: 4,3 GB

Goddam, you are almost making me regret getting the digital version.

Strider

This is my thoughts. I know I have an older system and my video card isn't the best. I just wanted to try it out on ultra to see how it would run. Just downloaded the new Nvidia drivers, might give it another go and see if anything changes. Ultimately I might just drop it down to high and unlocked framerate. Need more tests :)

I'd love for you unlock the frames and play on high settings just so I could see :D Since my rig is close to yours spec wise that'd be amazing.

No worries if you can't or don't want to bother with all that though. I'd understand

zorbsie

Will make another video at high setting unlocked frame rate to test. Radio off this time. :) Just installed the new nvidia drivers too.

Bravoexo

I wonder if we can influence the Drivatar's to keep driving on the right side of the road... maybe we'll see a lot of random Drivatar's driving on the wrong side...

Castaway

There is an option to unlock the framerate, right?

Ultra settings are pretty extreme. Turn down Anisotropic filtering from 16 to 4. It should help a lot.

Or try HIGH settings and then dial things up as you see fit.

It will run better locked at 60 than turning off v-sync. Smooth and locked is always better, IMO.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
is there an 3440x1440 option ultra widescreen ?
also running a gtx1060 seems to 60 fps ish all games i blast at it..
at that said resolution

Flandy

so my friend is in a dilemma. She can either do 4K/60 fps, or she can do 1080/30 upscaled on her Xbox one s and with HDR. She has a curved oled HDR tv. Which would you guys choose? Is HDR worth giving up for 4K/60?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
so my friend is in a dilemma. She can either do 4K/60 fps, or she can do 1080/30 upscaled on her Xbox one s and with HDR. She has a curved oled HDR tv. Which would you guys choose? Is HDR worth giving up for 4K/60?
imho if aliens 10bit deep color mode is anything like that yes.

enemy2k

New Gamersyde article, great news!
Forza Horizon 3 with proper drivers
"The promise of new drivers is always something to hold on to when a game does not perform as well as it should, and the release this afternoon of Nvidia's latest ones has proved us right. While we were experiencing quite severe stuttering issues this morning, even at 1080p, our time on the game with the new drivers has been 99% smooth with DSR 1440p."

Strider

I do have the 6GB 1060. You may be disappointed with the results. I'm pumped it runs at all on my system. :)

Here is default high settings unlocked framerate.
https://youtu.be/SpeVLsuoBaQ

Thanks for checking it out and posting a video.

Saw some mid 40s dips but tbh overall the vid has me pumped. I have no complaints if a mix of high/medium settings gives me constant 60fps.

Bring on Friday :D

Wizz-Art

Played 30 minutes of the demo, then quit and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. I also have no cover art, it's just a black box.

The download isn't finished, I pinned it but there's nothing showing up on the dash. I bought it through the windows store and not through the Xbox One store self, don't know if that matters any?

Do these drivers have an impact on Forza 6 Apex? That game had stutter issues as well and that is preventing me from considering this game at the moment without a demo to test on my machine.

Someone on the Forza subreddit said that on Sebring at least there's around a 10-15FPS gain. No idea about stuttering.

psychotron

Played 30 minutes of the demo, then quit and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. I also have no cover art, it's just a black box.

The download isn't finished, I pinned it but there's nothing showing up on the dash. I bought it through the windows store and not through the Xbox One store self, don't know if that matters any?

Same.

h3ro

don't have this issue. What happens when you pin it?

This is what I'm seeing. The image if from a r/Forza poster with the same issue:

Only reason I got the UE was for the early start as I'm completely free this upcoming weekend (wife is out of town!) and really wanted to dig into the game properly. Hoping this is a quick fix and rectifies itself once they flip the switch on preloads.

Theorry

Ordered mine through Amazon so dont think I get my key until midnight on the 23rd. Bit of a bummer I cant preload but nevermind.

It says this tho on the site?

"PRE-LOAD: Code will be delivered on [08/30/2016] and you will be able to download it to your Xbox One but the game will not be playable until [09/27/2016]"

It says this tho on the site?

"PRE-LOAD: Code will be delivered on [08/30/2016] and you will be able to download it to your Xbox One but the game will not be playable until [09/27/2016]"

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Ordered Ultimate from Amazon UK. Seems that I won't get anything until release. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I62KI0K/

"Access your content the minute it comes out."

Will prob be fast asleep when it comes out! lol

Top Bottom