• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Dante

but they are for a MAGAZINE

do you not understand? These are supposed to be exclusive to the MAGAZINE

Ok....So for the record your saying the official release tommorow wont be these shots that were asked to be romoved. And your saying they will have Grass and HDR "activated"?

Gek54

Dante said:
Ok....So for the record your saying the official release tommorow wont be these shots that were asked to be romoved. And your saying they will have Grass and HDR "activated"?

"[MaJ2] Withdrawn Pictures to the request of Microsoft. They will be put back in line tomorrow. "--Xboxygen.com

artist

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Different as in just different cars at the same quality?
Troll much?
I can also say that there will be exclusive screenshots next Tuesday you won't see in any print mags (meaning we're grabbing them from the latest build and not trying to make a magazine's long lead deadlines from a month ago).

m0dus said:
forza2b2.jpg

Is that the car level of Heavenly Sword? :D

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
RumpledForeskin said:
Whats crazy is that I think that photchop minus that dude on the mini looks better that what they released.

Please don't insult "that dude" like that. Please.

Angelcurio

forza2b2.jpg

It they really manage to get the game to look like that once their lighting and HDR are on, then we have a winner. The right car even reminds me the trailer of Ridge Racer 7.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually, I meant the Photobucket error shot I was seeing, but that is HAMAZING.
Yeah MS ask us to remove the pics, I've removed the screens from photobucket and xboxygen. (Photobucket because xboxygen has not a lot of bandwidth for the moment ^^).
It should be back in about one hour.

Mmmkay

THE:MILKMAN said:
Maybe he's an insider? *shrug*
This was the guy who faked that Forza 2 menu screen back in May, definitely not an insider. Me thinks he just wants attention, hence the huge list as to why these screens are 'fake'.

THE:MILKMAN

Mmmkay said:
This was the guy who faked that Forza 2 menu screen back in May, definitely not an insider. Me thinks he just wants attention, hence the huge list as to why these screens are 'fake'.

Did he now.........I suppose a faker knows a fake then, eh?:lol

Tieno

Gek54 said:
Here you go.

snip
I don't see any difference with the ones that were posted a couple of days ago. Ah well, I never play or like racing sims, so this doesn't interest me even if it looked like the best thing in the world.

Tieno said:
I never play or like racing sims, so this doesn't interest me even if it looked like the best thing in the world.

This begs the question... what are you doing in a Forza thread?!?! What would even compel you to post anything?

mr_nothin

Banned
m0dus said:
And you realize that the horrible scaling + dreadful image compression makes any sort of comparison absolutely moot, right? Seriously, how is that interesting beyond "Let's take some next gen screenshots and degrade the shit out of them to make them look like 480p captures !!11!" :)
Not to mention that those "comparison" shots aren't anywhere near similar with those environments/cars...

Gek54

m0dus said:
And you realize that the horrible scaling + dreadful image compression makes any sort of comparison absolutely moot, right? Seriously, how is that interesting beyond "Let's take some next gen screenshots and degrade the shit out of them to make them look like 480p captures !!11!" :)

Hahah ok, then I guess you would find this more interesting?

Confidence Man said:
Same car to compare.

552_0011.jpg

625da4c33062974701856c1df04aad22.jpg

IJoel

Gek54 said:
Hahah ok, then I guess you would find this more interesting?

Because we all know that FM was rendered at 1024x768 with 8xAA. That said, image content wise, it's probably a valid comparison, though flawed since it's just hard to compare.

sangreal

once again I find myself liking the new shots at first glance but I'm sure GAF's constant bashing will change my opinion again

doesn't look like there is any motion blur in that hoodcam shot

Confidence Man said:
Those are the official ones. They were released early and then pulled apparently until tomorrow.

Those are official ones, but we don't really know for sure if they're the ones Che will be releasing tomorrow.

My bet is tomorrow's screenshots are going straight from someone's workstation to the internet with Che's laptop the only other computer seeing it first. I think the ones that were recently released were just another part of the same batch.

We'll find out tomorrow, though, together.

Second said:
That timer ran out. Nothing happened...
It's a lame Jscript timer... it points at 5 september 00:00, using your local PC time. So, if you see it in different time zones, you'll see it expiring at different times. Like I said, lame.

Top Bottom