• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Of all the things to complain about -- wheel blur at high speeds? WTF? 3D rims at high speed in-game look incredibly goofy and not at all realistic. The only things that you should see in most cases are lip, rotor and, of course, blur.

1IMG_0771.jpg

Gek54

sparco1.jpg

forza23.jpg

I did find two very minor inprovements but in this model but I will let someone else find them and 'own' me. ;)

Gek54 said:
sparco1.jpg

forza23.jpg

I did find two very minor inprovements but in this model but I will let someone else find them and 'own' me. ;)

Why are you comparing undeformable (is that a word?) GT4 models with ones from Forza 2?

Gek54 said:
Haha, Shoggy, you an m0dus are losing your touch. ;)

Dude, I can't believe you're still going on about this game. Get over the blur man! It's this gen's lens flair! :lol

And this game already looks good to me, but after they slap some shaders on it for more dramatic lighting, even your critical eyes will be satisfied. LET'S MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE UNTIL WE GET SOME NEW SHOTS! ;)

Gek54

Nah, we are not talking about blur anymore, glad you noticed. Currently the discusion is "Figuring out how the Forza 2 cars have been improved". I know you like this game you are welcome to play. m0dus deffintely could use some help.

Gek54 said:
Nah, we are not talking about blur anymore, glad you noticed. Currently the discusion is "Figuring out how the Forza 2 cars have been improved". I know you like this game you are welcome to play. m0dus deffintely could use some help.

Is it a fun game? I'm not sure if it is yet. What's the rules?

Gek54

m0dus said:
Not having much time this morning to give you a visual breakdown of this fun little picture set, your A) absolutely daft if you think this reflects the actual in-game texture quality on the track (you know for a fact it doesn't, old chum. You have actually taken these cars on the track before, right? :) ), B) the angular wheelwell is still very apparrent, c) you asked for differences between the two pics, and I gave you more than enough to chew on (smoother curves, fully modelled panels and doors, etc), blurred textured wheelrims notwithstanding :lol But, then again, using blurry deinterlaced pics of showroom models captured off of Analog is WAY comparable to 720 p framebuffer captures (because the former totally doesn't obscure the very lines and edges you're struggling to compare)--but hey, it's hard to be observant while you're rolling your eyes, LOLAMIRITE? :)

I'm totally happy to debate these issues as long as you can force yourself stay civil about it.

See you this afternoon

A) Im seeing the same quality textures used in the garage mode as in game.
B) Possibly seems more like its the angle and distance, care to explain why both models share the same visible polygon angles? You are completely wrong about the vents, good eye there.
C) I know shouldnt textures appear sharper on the 720 framebuffs?

552_0011.jpg

Forza2Beta3m.jpg

s5.jpg

audi1.jpg

Work in progress indeed, showing off incomplete Forza 1 models with out side skirts? Delay and fix this bitch.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Not sure if he is a Dad, but this thread tells me Gek54 should never be shown the ultrasound pictures of unborn children.

Geoff9920

DenogginizerOS said:
Not sure if he is a Dad, but this thread tells me Gek54 should never be shown the ultrasound pictures of unborn children.
:lol "Delay and fix this bitch." Don't think that would go over very well. :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Geoff9920 said:
:lol "Delay and fix this bitch." Don't think that would go over very well. :p

Like John Madden with a telestrator, I can see Gek54 circling different parts of the fetus and berating his wife.

"What is this, honey? Doctor says we have a boy. circles crotch region of fetus Do you see a penis? I don't. And if I don't see it, this baby is GIMPED. I want John Holmes part 2! I want you to have to struggle to push both his head and his Gek junior junk through. Get this fixed, bitch!"

shpankey

not an idiot
Irony here: Gek's old avatar used to be an ultrasound picture of a fetus driving and shifting gears in the womb. Heh.

Gek54

Vrolokus said:
If anyone else had done this, it would be in the spirit of being absurd and/or ironic.

I cant be absurd or ironic? :'(

s5.jpg

I got to admit Forza already looks pretty damn good, GT4 photomode eat your heart out, thats in game durring a race(that im losing!) while spinning the camera around. Look Ma, no blur!

Wollan

I could swear I recognise those mountains there. They're totally identical but I guess it's a freak accident(unless you visited a very small particular Norwegian fjord).

Gek54

Wollan said:
I could swear I recognise those mountains there. They're totally identical but I guess it's a freak accident(unless you visited a very small particular Norwegian fjord).

Yeah, such a beautiful mountain scape, it sure looks great doesnt it?
s5.jpg

Hey, want to see what it will look like in Forza 2?

s6.jpg

Holy FUK! What happened? Blur happened, awesome shit is able to move mountains. Next gen total!!

blurgaf.jpg

...only in reality.

hadareud

The Translator
Your motion blur phobia is actually getting pretty annoying now Gek.

Can't you at least wait for a ****ing video and give it a rest until then?

Fredrik

Seriously, you all need to stop complaining or we'll get yet another 360 racer in 30fps just because the developers read the board and think that everyone want pretty graphics rather than high framerates.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Gek54 said:
s5.jpg

s6.jpg

Holy FUK! What happened? Blur happened, awesome shit is able to move mountains. Next gen total!!

blurgaf.jpg

...only in reality.

This guy is incredible.

Gek54

m0dus, what the hellz doood, you give me a pic, now you are telling me how to use it and that you want to copywright it? Dont be an indian giver. My posts are special occasions.

Unless you have a debug kit or a component capture card, thats the best shots I can provide and you are just going to have to make due, thats not too hard is it? Even though it looks much better on my TV my shitty capture card still shows off better shots than shown in the Forza 2 shots. Hey wait, shouldnt my blurry analog shots have much more blury textures? Seems that isnt the case. Hmm Deceptive angles huh? Could that excuse be used for the smoother look of the wheel wells in the Forza 2 shots? Hmmm...

Wow my magic mspaint is freaky like that, seems it also creates a halo around the car when you apply motion blur, the same halo you see in the Forza 2 screens. What does that say to you?

Gek54 said:
s5.jpg

s6.jpg
Wow, now it finally looks like you are really racing, and not standing still.
Good work :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This talking about motion blur reminds me when I was trying to grab some Dead Rising pics for a review. I would have liked to grab some crazy action moments, but the blur made everything look like a blurred "WTF is going on there?" pic.

JMPovoa

Gek54 said:
Just pulled fresh of Dscaler:

audi1.jpg

audi2.jpg

When playing, the texture detail is weaker than when choosing cars if i recall correctly. Could you make a capture during a replay of the same car?

Edit: Sorry, missed that other post.

Seems like that was only for when you applied custom paint jobs...:)

Gek54

MickeyKnox said:
that would look more like this

Except notice how the mountains are even blurred in the Sparco Evo Forza 2 shot.

m0dus said:
Are you, perhaps, implying that the motion blur in those screens was applied with photoshop (or some similar in or out-of-engine manipulation) after the fact ? . . . That's funny, I think, I recall saying about the first batch of Forza 2 screens about, what, 22 pages ago? :)

Yeah whats up with Turn10 feeding us photoshoped bullshots? Bad form.

Top Bottom