• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Leaked Screen or just artwork /target render ? fake from something else ?

5d63d47474f57ea87d420c179fb4088a.jpg

625da4c33062974701856c1df04aad22.jpg

123rl

If those are real then Forza 2 = the best looking racing game EVER

RaijinFY said:
Wow I was going to post them.

Anyway, uh oh?

Doesnt look very good.

Old Build i guess...

What?:lol

Doesn't look very good? Explain how those models could be improved (reasonably, given the restrictions of the hardware/development time)

Dante

If those are real then Forza 2 = the best looking racing game EVER

Really, I'm hoping these aren't real because they aren't too impressive. I thought the new RR shots looks better then these.

I sure as hell hope these aren't real. If so then we see the real reason they haven't been shown. Bland looking, shitty lighting, etc..

Wollan

The image is ultra clean and the cars nice but the environments are totally, totally sparse.
It has less grass than Zelda.

Kolgar

Cars look great; road and grass textures look pretty last-gen.

Can't be real, or if they are, well, we're still early.

sangreal

Hi there, I know everyone expects to see the first ever screenshots for Forza Motorsport 2 today, as I've been hinting in the Weekly Pitpass Reports that the game's first screens would go live before August is up.
Well, that was the plan up until earlier this week when marketing had a switcheroo in their plans and decided to only release the Leipzig Games Convention video w/ Dan Greenawalt's commentary today.

So the bad news is that we will not be able to reveal new Forza 2 screenshots today. The good news is that I have been given a date of 9/7, next Thursday, to use as our first online unveiling of the game here on FM.net. In the meantime, the first print mags should be hitting newstands any day now so you may even get to see first shots of the game scanned somewhere online even sooner.

So apologies if has ruined anybody's day, but we promise -- it's not long now.

Thanks,

Che Chou
Community Manager
Turn 10 Studios

from last night.

guess we'll find out next thursday. I assume these are the print mag shots

BlizzyAzz

Not really impressed by those screens, but well its a racing game have to see it in motion first, PGR3 screens were hot tho.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The blur prevents us from really seeing the backgrounds or the tracks. The cars look nice.

I really like the second and third shot...the first shot doesn't look that impressive.

I will wait till I see in motion but so far...

PGR3 > Forza 2

graphically...

Though Microsoft or someone has said that Forza 2 looks better then PGR3.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wasn't "pasqually" in the gaf chromehounds squad? i guess he must be one of che's coworkers. shots seem legit to me. anyway, car models look great, but the motion blur is a bit much.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well of course the environments look bad (empty should I say), racing tracks always look bad in games, and in real life too in fact. Wait till you see some city shots until you start the PGR3 comparisons.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wonder if "chasebase" is a twist on "chespace." negative 49? last place? DOES CHE SUCK AT FORZA!? :lol

Jim

Looks real, but that HUD looks almost TOO sharp.. like it was added with Illustrator or something afterwards.

PGR3 is definitely going to be "flashier".

mr_nothin

Banned
Jim said:
Looks real, but that HUD looks almost TOO sharp.. like it was added with Illustrator or something afterwards.

PGR3 is definitely going to be "flashier".
I know exacly what you mean...
Looks to be tack'd on somewhat...
Photoshop ftl

Dunpeal

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
eh?

I hope you don't mean photorealistic, but real as in not fake shots.

I was talking about photoshop yeah. But i guess they really are real lol, well i was kinda hoping not, PGr3 looks better.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Dunpeal said:
I was talking about photoshop yeah.
ah ok, just checking. :p
anybody who says this is photorealistic should be shot in the face.
other than that, it looks nice, regardless how pgr3 looks.

Bebpo

Banned
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
Leaked Screen or just artwork /target render ? fake from something else ?

5d63d47474f57ea87d420c179fb4088a.jpg

That looks...awful. These can't be real. That looks like Forza 1 playing upscaled on the X360 with some motion blur.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks drop dead gorgeous to me. easily the best racing game graphics i've seen. the blur does look a bit overdone (or depth of feild?). i'm sure it looks even better in motion!

wow, and 60 fps?

Top Bottom