• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Dunpeal

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Heres Forza 1 w/ HUD

forza-motorsport-20050506040413132.jpg

Man images really are deceiving, Forza on my TV doesn't look like that.

:lol at those earlier Forza 1 shots (the first ones with the Forza watermark), the game looked nothing like that. This looks great to me, I wish it was coming out this year though.

Dante

The grittier looking Xbox shots above looks more realistic to me, these look too clean and video-game ish. Hoping these are not the real shots though because I was expecting a lot more from Forza graphically.

mrwilt

I don't see the need for overhead maps of the track showing your relative position to the other racers on track anymore. There's enough draw distance on screen now that you can see what's coming up and who is in front/behind you. Other than that, these screens worry me.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm, now i'm not so sure if they're real -- you wouldn't expect the decals on the cars to be so blurred in a 360 game.

shpankey

not an idiot
damn, that doesn't impress me at all. the grass textures look like last gen at best [and even then nothing special]. the tracks sparse and the blur has got to go. worst of all is the lighting... just plain and unimpressive. if anyone remembers my theories #1 and #2 from the other thread [on why no released media so far], i will definitely say it is option #2 now.

i hope to hell these aren't real.

p.s. the hud looks weird, like someone pasted it on after. [edit: beaten to it long ago]

KillJade

Banned
Dante said:
The grittier looking Xbox shots above looks more realistic to me, these look too clean and video-game ish. Hoping these are not the real shots though because I was expecting a lot more from Forza graphically.
that's what i was thinking. these forza 2 shots look too "cartoony".

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i think a lot of you guys will change your mind when you see it in motion. looks stellar to me :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looks like these are the real deal - the Ferrari in the third pic is the Forza-sponsored one...

I was gonna say that the textures look low-res, but then I realised that it was the blur, since the front of each car is extremely sharp...

And this at 60fps and 12 players? HOT. It should look amazing in motion with such detail at 60fps AND motion blur to give a sense of speed...

Can't wait to see in game vids!!!

shpankey

not an idiot
i will say though, if it's truely got 60fps with 60fps reflections and with a lot of cars onscreen at once, i can be a lot more foregiving. :D i still wish they'd just kill the blur altogether. then pump up some other graphical effects, for instance, better lighting.

any word on Vsync? please i hope it's on Lord.

sangreal

I don't know what you guys expected from a sequel to a decent looking game that was released only a year ago. Looks great to me

I think the cars look a bit plastic though

mr_nothin

Banned
shpankey said:
damn, that doesn't impress me at all. the grass textures look like last gen at best [and even then nothing special]. the tracks sparse and the blur has got to go. worst of all is the lighting... just plain and unimpressive. if anyone remembers my theories #1 and #2 from the other thread [on why no released media so far], i will definitely say it is option #2 now.

i hope to hell these aren't real.

p.s. the hud looks weird, like someone pasted it on after. [edit: beaten to it long ago]
lol, which grass textures are you looking at?
that's like the worse grass textures i've seen
how can you tell? they're all blurred
but even with that factored in...doesnt look nice to the eyes

shpankey

not an idiot
mr_nothin said:
lol, which grass textures are you looking at?
that's like the worse grass textures i've seen
how can you tell? they're all blurred
but even with that factored in...doesnt look nice to the eyes
to the right of the black Infiniti

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i agree, i think a lot of the detail is lost in the blur.

i am worried about the first "in game" shot though. i dont want DOF effects (doesnt look like blur to me, as its on everything in the background) while i'm playing. replays only please. hopefully that can be removed or adjusted

Dante

I don't know what you guys expected from a sequel to a decent looking game that was released only a year ago. Looks great to me

For Forza 2 I was expecting something on par with GT Vision.

mr_nothin

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Same car to compare.

552_0011.jpg

Definitely looks better, but still way below what I would've expected.
Lol, I thought it was another forza 2 "screen"
Then I thought that was a picture to prove that these screens were fake...
But I see now that it's a forza screen.

mr_nothin said:
Lol, I thought it was another forza 2 "screen"
Then I thought that was a picture to prove that these screens were fake...
But I see now that it's a forza screen.

Same... and to tell you the truth I thought the first picture looked better... haha

Zaptruder

Banned
To everyone saying PGR3 looks better... try to find ACTUAL shots of the game... 540p upscaled to 720p and all that.

Karma Kramer said:
Same... and to tell you the truth I thought the first picture looked better... haha
That "Forza" screen is a bullshot just like the ones you posted earlier. This is classic GAF rush to judgment, 2-3 screens and the game is disapointing, worse than PGR3, etc..at least wait to see it in motion before writing it off.

shpankey

not an idiot
we can only judge what we got [now]. we of course can change that judgment in the future. i doubt anyone here is making their final judgements.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Eh, the models are great, the biggest problem is the brutal use of motion blur and the bad lighting (which makes the cars look like Tamiya ones)

Very disappointed so far, that lighting is ass.

Faizal

Banned
If this is the best that the X360 can do then I am very very disappointed. I was expecting this to look at least better than RR6.

GitarooMan said:
That "Forza" screen is a bullshot just like the ones you posted earlier. This is classic GAF rush to judgment, 2-3 screens and the game is disapointing, worse than PGR3, etc..at least wait to see it in motion before writing it off.

I would expect F2 to blow away even bullshotted F1 pics. It doesn't.

DSN2K

here's some damage control for ya.

could this be forza 1 assets on Forza 2 Engine ? maybe this an early alpha stage of development.

the poor Lighting and almost glass bowl effect totally put me off.

R0nn

Something looks REALLY off on those screens which makes them totally unimpressive and fake looking. It's probably the lighting and blur. I mean, those cars are just....I dunno, they look so plasticy and toylike. I dunno, Forza 1 actually looks more lifelike and dynamic than this. Those supposed Forza 2 shots are simply way too sterile.

R0nn said:
Something looks REALLY off on those screens which makes them totally unimpressive and fake looking. It's probably the lighting and blur. I mean, those cars are just....I dunno, they look so plasticy and toylike. I dunno, Forza 1 actually looks more lifelike and dynamic than this. Those supposed Forza 2 shots are simply way too sterile.

What keeps turning me off is the decals, but it looks like they're just lo-res. Everything else looks pretty sweet to me.

Sean

Banned
I expected Forza 2 to look disappointing graphically.

1) It's coming out too early after the first game
2) Has MORE tracks and cars (I doubt they could've possibly remade everything from scratch for next-gen so fast)
3) There was no screenshots until now

But honestly it's not as bad as I expected. Looks about on-par with PGR3 to me and its at 60FPS and 12 cars.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They did a really crap job of copying Bizarres photomode if those are the best shots they can come up with.

Sean said:
1) It's coming out too early after the first game
2) Has MORE tracks and cars (I doubt they could've possibly remade everything from scratch for next-gen so fast)
3) There was no screenshots until now
4) It's 60 fps

scarybore

Wow, total disappointment. I can only hope the extreme blur is taking all the enviromental detail away, it just looks really sub par. Just look at that road texture! *shakes head*

Vrolokus

Banned
I'm scratching my head over these comments about the asphalt and grass textures being "last-gen"... everything is motion-blurred up the wazoo, so how in the world can you say anything about the track textures?

Top Bottom