• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

R0nn

Karma Kramer said:
AlpineRing_Cam10_ss.jpg

LIES!

Now that's exactly how this game should look like. Just put this one up for comparison to screens from say, PGR3 and the new shots posted in this thread. The whole lighting aspect alone makes a world of difference.

How much you want to bet people are going to freak out when they see this in motion? Happens almost every time. I know the "pick every screenshot to death" thing has become GAF's schtick these days but cmon guys, graphics are designed to be in motherf*cking flux. Now more than ever. Lighting, shading, particles, animation, post-processing, physics etc... I mean were down to bitching about motion blur in screen shots. Does not compute!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Shogmaster said:
WTF are you talking about? Lighting in GT anything has all been pre-baked! :lol
no shit, who said anything about dynamic lighting? polyphonic nailed the lighting and color perfectly in gt3, I'd personally be dissapointed if this is what GT5 looked like.

GhaleonEB

Moderation Unlimited said:
I can agree with this statement. If this game looks a lot better in motion, who cares what the screenshots look like?
That's what irks me so much about these screens. The entire reason to release screens is to give you an idea what it looks like. So if it looks light years better in motion, release a ****ing direct-feed movie. These shots are not doing them any favors.

Here's what I think happened. The original plan, per Che's post, was to release screens today. PR changed the plan and bumped that out a week. I think they had already sent some of the screens out, and these guys posted them by mistake. "Didn't get the memo", so to speak.

Last Hope

I sure hope these are not real. The blur looks almost as shitty as it does in PGR3.

Hey Bizzare. The cars are moving 150mph, not 500.

Amir0x

Banned
I think it looks quite good (if it's real), ESPECIALLY considering the type of damage these vehicles are gonna be able to go through. Definitely on my buy list when I get a 360.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I believe there is a chance that some of these shots may reach wall-guy status. Listen to Modus. I think these shots are from an early build.

Gek54

BCD2 said:
The original poster (Hiro_Kunimi_80) is now banned. Fake confirmed, or unrelated?

How would he fake the Risi 430 and the other models appearing different from the Forza 1 models?

GreekWolf

MattXG said:
I keep forgetting how terrible Motorstorm looks in screens. In motion, it looks decent... but some screenies barely look PS2 quality.

If it's going for 60fps then I can understand the compromises.

RumFore

Banned
Those ingame shots are not making me say wow at all like I did with PGR. Hell I think alot of you would have dismissed them already if the title wasnt Forza 2.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
?

As the first screens captured for public consumption, there was much ado from all involved parties to make sure that first impressions are as powerful as possible. In the end, I think John did an amazing job as these first batch of shots look incredible. So who did we give them to for first look dibs? Well, that I can't divulge, but it's a magazine as opposed to a website because they have longer lead times.

MattXG

Banned
So these aren't real because a mag has the first screenies.

Or I guess we will have to wait for the new Game Informer to find out if these were real or not atleast.... :'(

Kangu

Banned
Not impressive in the least. I don't care about the polycounts or texturing, but I was definitely expecting more realistic lighting. Time to lower next gen expectations once again. At the rate the bar is dropping I'll be ready to skip this gen pretty soon.

qcf x2

The very first pic was horrible, horrible, horrible. Ancient grass texture, straight out of PS2 era Madden.

I don't like these kind of games, anyways (I'd rather drive a real car than a realistic simulation of a real car), but they're usually graphics showcases. In this case...from these screens.....no.

Amir0x

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Probably banned for hinting at stuff. Even tho he was right about Assasins Creed :lol

Who was right? Everyone on earth knew Assassin's Creed was coming to 360 and PC. Everyone. If you're a hardcore gamer following this title and claim you didn't, you're bullshitting.

Although, for the record, I have no idea why he was banned.

RaijinFY

Kangu said:
Not impressive in the least. I don't care about the polycounts or texturing, but I was definitely expecting more realistic lighting. Time to lower next gen expectations once again. At the rate the bar is dropping I'll be ready to skip this gen pretty soon.

Hahaha :lol :lol :lol

Each time I see an anticipated game disappoints, I say to myself: "Yeah, once again I put my expectation way too high!". So i have to lower my expectations. But there's a limit to that. Honestly if GT5 disappoints me despite having lowered my expectations, then...

DSN2K

will say one thing at least they have given us gameplay shots and not touch up replays or some photo mode.

should look better in motion regardless, alot of these new effects just don't come up well in Screen shots as well.

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
Not speculation I think. Doing what he did exactly has been getting people banned.

This is all so weird about the Forza stuff. And now the website is down. I had always assumed X06 was when the info would start rolling out.

Rolling Thunder!

I wonder if the reason for the delay to next week of official screens that Che mentioned was to allow more uninterupted coverage of the Assasin's Creed news, to space out the coverage: AC this week, Forza 2 next week, all building up to their showing at X06.

And that post from the topic starter was his only post today aside from this one, so yeah I think that's it. I only keep mentioning it so the "he's banned, that's suspicious" meme doesn't take off.

snatches said:
Seriously where the hell is Che? If he didn't see this thread, he must have been notified by Stinkles by now.
Che doesn't work for GAF, honestly I think he's smart if he's stays out of this cluster**** thread.

Top Bottom