• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I got bad pictures what can I say lol ^ I need bigger rez/better angle + more blur. I didn't want to OD the blur heh.. :lol

hadareud

The Translator
very, very disappointing if they're not fake. Che not responding does not fill me with confidence, so I guess these shots are real.

Slayer-33 said:
As real as my 2 LFS edits...

27xjm29.jpg

27xjn1c.jpg

Those look better than the alleged Forza 2 screens.

Wow, if those screens turn out to be real 360 Forza shots. :lol

Zabojnik

I'm sure Forza 2 will look just fine, but every time I see those flat grass / ground textures I'm reminded how unbelievable it is that volumetric grass / 3D textures still aren't a standard in all next-gen games.

Faizal

Banned
Forza website and forums is back up.

Looks like the pics are real. Since Che isn't denying it. :(

Che's post:

Re: Clarification re: First-Look Forza 2 Screenshots
Hi guys. Re: the "leaked screens" today, I will be addressing that in this week's Weekly Pitpass.

In the meantime, I don't want to see anymore threads about screenshots whinging/speculation/complaining. If you have to do it, this is the thread for it.

Thanks.

Zabojnik said:
I'm sure Forza 2 will look just fine, but every time I see those flat grass / ground textures I'm reminded how unbelievable it is that volumetric grass / 3D textures still aren't a standard in all next-gen games.

How can anyone distinguish any of that with all the blur? When I drive really fast, I don't actually believe the world outside is flat.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BenjaminBirdie said:
How can anyone distinguish any of that with all the blur? When I drive really fast, I don't actually believe the world outside is flat.

its jump to conclusions-age

RaijinFY

hadareud said:
very, very disappointing if they're not fake. Che not responding does not fill me with confidence, so I guess these shots are real.

Well maybe they are taken from an old build. Also I would wait for a video.

However, I feel this game might be delayed.

I think they look good. Meh. Nothing spectacular, but I think they look good.

These graphics + a really 360 car sim + FFW + damage modeling = awesome

RaijinFY

No but seriously I would wait for a video, pics are more and more misleading if you want to judge a next-gen game. Not only about graphics anymore.

But I think the disappointment may come from the CG video touted as possibly real-time...

hadareud

The Translator
RaijinFY said:
Well maybe they are taken from an old build. Also I would wait for a video.
you're right. But having read all the blogs on the website and how much effort appearantly went into this game the visual product is disappointing.

The biggest problem I had with Forza 1 were definitely not the graphics, but the career mode and how quickly I lost interest in the game because I didn't feel any sense of progression. So, if they fix that along with great physics, 60 fps and so on I am interested.

Then again, the graphics should at least be 2 steps ahead of Forza 1 - these screenshots are most certainly not. So I hope you are right and it is an old build plus the game looking much better in motion.

I don't know if that will happen. I'm also quite drunk and maybe therefore whinging for no real reason.

Helznicht

Only thing that looks "bad" is the flat ground. A texture just isnt gonna cut it this gen when we had the enviroments of RSC2 last gen.

tiddles

For me there were a lot of great things about the original Forza, but 30 fps just killed it off.

But if Forza 2 is going to be at 60, and in hi-def, anything else would just be a bonus :)

StephaneC

so it's confirmed, this screens are real and probably leaked

posted last night by Che

'Hi there, I know everyone expects to see the first ever screenshots for Forza Motorsport 2 today, as I've been hinting in the Weekly Pitpass Reports that the game's first screens would go live before August is up.
Well, that was the plan up until earlier this week when marketing had a switcheroo in their plans and decided to only release the Leipzig Games Convention video w/ Dan Greenawalt's commentary today.

So the bad news is that we will not be able to reveal new Forza 2 screenshots today. The good news is that I have been given a date of 9/7, next Thursday, to use as our first online unveiling of the game here on FM.net. In the meantime, the first print mags should be hitting newstands any day now so you may even get to see first shots of the game scanned somewhere online even sooner.

So apologies if has ruined anybody's day, but we promise -- it's not long now. '

123rl

Faizal said:

First time I've used that forum and I think I hate it and GAF now. The fanboy spin and bullshit has reached an all-new low. Saying this looks just like the original Forza, 10% worse than PGR3 etc etc. I'm sick of all the ignorant assholes who think their ridiculous and narrow-minded opinion needs to be shared

90% of the comments made by people in this thread are said by idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about. It doesn't look perfect? Well boo-hoo...how can you expect perfect graphics when you've got 12 cars, full damage modelling, an incredibly advanced physics engine...in a game that's been in production for less than two years. Now add in 720p and the fact that it's 60fps and you realise why it might not look perfect.

Guess what - if racing FANS (key word: fans! ie the people who will play the game because they like it!) had choose between all of that or slightly shinier textures or bits of grass...what are they going to choose? Seriously, I'm asking that as an honest question - what would you prefer: inconsequential shit like grass or shiny roads, or advanced physics that will have a major impact on gameplay?

If you like racing games then I hope you'd say you prefer to have things that affect and improve gameplay. Otherwise, what the **** are you doing in this thread? The only positive contribution a lot of you made was that a few dozen members added you to their ignore list so they'll never have to read your ignorant comments again

f_elz said:
if this was GT5 people would be fapping over them.

If this were GT5 it'd get killed. That's not to say that this looks bad, but PGR3 does look better going by these screens. And if GT5 doesn't look better than that its going to be considered disappointing graphically no matter the framerate or resolution.

bud

SolidSnakex said:
If this were GT5 it'd get killed. That's not to say that this looks bad, but PGR3 does look better going by these screens. And if GT5 doesn't look better than that its going to be considered disappointing graphically no matter the framerate or resolution.

rightfully so.

when it comes to graphics pd am king. i expect big things from them.

but this is forza so the bar is probably lower?

Superfrog

No wonder they avoided releasing ingame screenshots to the public for a long time.

This looks highly disappointing, this game better gets delayed for another 6 months and upgraded. Hell, this is supposed to be an AAA title for MGS...

hadareud

The Translator
Bud said:
rightfully so.

when it comes to graphics pd am king. i expect big things from them.

but this is forza so the bar is probably lower?
especially since forza looked so much worse than gt4. wtf?

123rl said:
First time I've used that forum and I think I hate it and GAF now. The fanboy spin and bullshit has reached an all-new low. Saying this looks just like the original Forza, 10% worse than PGR3 etc etc. I'm sick of all the ignorant assholes who think their ridiculous and narrow-minded opinion needs to be shared

90% of the comments made by people in this thread are said by idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about. It doesn't look perfect? Well boo-hoo...how can you expect perfect graphics when you've got 12 cars, full damage modelling, an incredibly advanced physics engine...in a game that's been in production for less than two years. Now add in 720p and the fact that it's 60fps and you realise why it might not look perfect.

Guess what - if racing FANS (key word: fans! ie the people who will play the game because they like it!) had choose between all of that or slightly shinier textures or bits of grass...what are they going to choose? Seriously, I'm asking that as an honest question - what would you prefer: inconsequential shit like grass or shiny roads, or advanced physics that will have a major impact on gameplay?

If you like racing games then I hope you'd say you prefer to have things that affect and improve gameplay. Otherwise, what the **** are you doing in this thread? The only positive contribution a lot of you made was that a few dozen members added you to their ignore list so they'll never have to read your ignorant comments again

Wait is that real?

bud

m0dus said:
Here we go again! :lol hold on tight, kids, I think I see some camparison screens in the near future!
i didn't want to derail this thread but i just responded to him...

DSN2K

123rl said:

your quite right but these screens dont show 12 cars, full damage modeling, an incredibly advanced physics engine.

2 very average screen shots are not going to make a big impression, even worse coming off the only media recieved so far is 2 CG trailers.

DSN2K said:
your quite right but these screens dont show 12 cars, full damage modeling, an incredibly advanced physics engine.

2 very average screen shots are not going to make a big impression coming off CG trailer makes things even worse.
I agree, I think the question is why people so dramatically overreact to two screenshots as if the fate of the game's visuals are decided. I guess it's to be expected for a game kept under wraps for so long.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the simple fact of the matter is... its 3 shots. all with far to much blur/dof effects to adaquetly judge graphics. all taken from what appears to be the same stage under the same lighting conditions.

now, with that said, i cant fathom how people think it looks like shit. based on what little you can gather from these, the cars look modeled nicely, and the blur looks good (even if its far too much).

wait till we see more media please.

m0dus said:
Here we go again! :lol hold on tight, kids, I think I see some camparison screens in the near future!

There's no need for a comparison with GT as there's no next gen model to go off right now. PGR3 is the standard for next gen racing graphics now and people simply expect any racers after that to look better.

Joeroll

123rl said:

Agreed. Screenshot kids running wild again. :lol

bud

Teknopathetic said:
"If this were GT5 it'd get killed."

Fortunately, GT5 gets killed for being a pisspoor excuse of a "sim." Not for any subpar graphics.

did they fix the ai

GitarooMan said:
The funny thing is that the same people saying GT5 would get killed if it looked like this would be the ones vigorously defending it most likely.

I love GT but there's no way i'd defend it if it looks like this. Polyphony has set a standard for themself over the past 2 gens and if they don't match it they deserve any criticisms that might come.

BigBoss

Teknopathetic said:

Fortunately, GT5 gets killed for being a pisspoor excuse of a "sim." Not for any subpar graphics.

We got a time traveller here folks.

Rody

Teknopathetic said:

Yes. "Enthusia 3" was so much better.

Dante

'Hi there, I know everyone expects to see the first ever screenshots for Forza Motorsport 2 today, as I've been hinting in the Weekly Pitpass Reports that the game's first screens would go live before August is up.
Well, that was the plan up until earlier this week when marketing had a switcheroo in their plans and decided to only release the Leipzig Games Convention video w/ Dan Greenawalt's commentary today.

So these are official then?

Well It's up to Polyphony now to deliver, shouldn't be too hard to out do these.

Top Bottom