• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

PG2G

He says he'll address it in today's Pit Pass. If there isn't something odd here (i.e. old build) what would there REALLY be to address?

Dante said:
So these are official then?

Well It's up to Polyphony now to deliver, shouldn't be too hard to out do these.

:lol

The Critics Respond To Forza Motorsport 2:

"It's like La Jetee, but a video game!"
- Dante,
GAF

"Right? It's just three screenshots that don't move or anything?"
-Dante,
GAF

"Guys?"
-Dante,
GAF

Assuming these are real, why should it shock people that PGR3 looks better? Didn't PGR2 look better than the original Forza? Did anyone care?

Dante

you're not gonna wait to see it in motion first?

Yeah I'm hoping it looks better in motion, but these really look underwhelming, as far as next gen racing goes I was looking to this and GT5 to set the bar, and based on the media we have I'm personally dissapointed. Maybe it'll look a lot better in motion a la Motorstorm.

Speevy

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Didn't PGR2 look better than the original Forza?

Well they're different types of games. Like I said before, when you have trees casting shadows on cars and huge well-lit cityscapes with cameras flashing and such it's going to look better than a plain track every time.

You can only make some things so believable or photorealistic. I'm reminded of the Moto GP 06 graphics, which were called unremarkable, and yet matched photos. So go figure.

hgplayer1

while Im looking forward to this game its never been because I expect the graphics to be anything extraordinary. I liked the first game and look forward to playing more of it if they can really deliver some good online modes and solid and improved ..........whats it called again......oh yeah gameplay!

I doubt GAF will be able to form any kind of solid group of people that will play this consistently online so I know Ill be relying on matchmaking to play online.

if they dont go over the top with graphics then i hope all the other stuff is pushed to the extreme.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Speevy said:
I'm sure the game looks fine. This series isn't set in a forest or cityscape.

quite a few tracks ARE (at least in forza 1, and they were the most visually appealing)

123rl

DSN2K said:
your quite right but these screens dont show 12 cars, full damage modeling, an incredibly advanced physics engine.

2 very average screen shots are not going to make a big impression, even worse coming off the only media recieved so far is 2 CG trailers.
If these shots are taken from in-game then that will include all 12 cars, with full damage modelling etc. Whether you can see it or not, the console is still having to process all of that.

rod

Banned
IF, IF these screens indicate the final game, and the final game DOES indeed run at locked 60fps with 4xaa, im stoked. im MORE than happy, and day one purchase.

if its 30fps tho. no sale.

AZ Greg

Dante said:
This thread has nothing to do with Motorstorm, lets compare Forza to a FPS while we're at it.

You were the first one to bring up Motorstorm, a whopping 5 posts into the thread! :lol

forza2real.jpg

for db
:)

DSN2K

123rl said:
If these shots are taken from in-game then that will include all 12 cars, with full damage modelling etc. Whether you can see it or not, the console is still having to process all of that.

yeah but as they say actions speak louder then words and on first Impression I don't care whats being processed off Screen, what I want is something thats going to have an instant positive impact on me, these screen don't do that, Its like you try to buy a house and your told the Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedrooms are all beautiful yet as you enter the entrance and hallway look like complete sh#t.

you have barely seen the whole picture yet your head is full of doubt.

basically what I'm saying is first impressions are not good but the house will likely still be bought if the seller lives up to their claims. :D

HokieJoe

Fredrik said:
60fps people. 60fps. Who cares if it don't look like PGR3 if it's 60fps? It's going to piss all over PGR3 when you see it in motion.

Yeah, OK. It might piss on it graphically, but whether 60fps is the cause of that is truly a matter of opinion.

Dante

You were the first one to bring up Motorstorm, a whopping 5 posts into the thread!

Yeah I kinda adressed that and poked fun at myself for it. But silly me for thinking people actually read the thread. :)

rod

Banned
HokieJoe said:

Yeah, OK. It might piss on it graphically, but whether 60fps is the cause of that is truly a matter of opinion.

not really, people might not be able to tell if a game is 60fps or 30fps by playing a game, but have both of them running side by side ;)

take half life 2 pc for example. in screens, looks worse than graw, oblivion, hell most 360 games. but in motion it looks a shitton better than any 360 game

rod

Banned
GashPrex said:
so it looks good, is 60fps, has motion blurr and AA and yet still people complain...

i reckon hey. people will definetly need to see 60fps games in motion this gen, cos screens arent gonna cut it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SolidSnakex said:
I love GT but there's no way i'd defend it if it looks like this. Polyphony has set a standard for themself over the past 2 gens and if they don't match it they deserve any criticisms that might come.
qft!

Speevy

Banned
Yeah, companies only deserve defense for showing concept videos, then a year later showing previous generation games running in high definition.

HokieJoe

rod said:
not really, people might not be able to tell if a game is 60fps or 30fps by playing a game, but have both of them running side by side ;)

take half life 2 pc for example. in screens, looks worse than graw, oblivion, hell most 360 games. but in motion it looks a shitton better than any 360 game

And you really think that HL2 looks better because of the fps?

I appreciate that 60pfs is an issue for some people, but it's irrelevant for me. I'm more interested in a stable frame rate, and more photorealism when it comes to racers. IOW, I like the Bizarre way of doing things. People went apeshit over RSC2, I thought it looked good, but it didn't impress me anymore than PGR2 honestly. For that matter, CMR 04', which I think was 60fps looked better than RSC2 IMO, but I digress.

Anyway, I'm not real impressed with these screen shots, but I'm not ready to open a vein or anything. I have faith that the finished game will rock. :)

rod

Banned
HokieJoe said:
And you really think that HL2 looks better because of the fps?

yeah, i do. half life 2 when capped to 30fps looks very dull. im not talking effects or lighting etc cos its still all the same obviously regardless of frame rate, but it just LOOKS better

HokieJoe

m0dus said:
Personally? I've been sitting back, enjoying the fracus. This has all the makings of a classic OMGWTFDOOOOM!!11!! thread. Because it seems we will never learn.

This man speaketh the truth!

GhaleonEB

Che said:
Before I get into some of the stuff happening around Turn 10 this week, I need to address the "leaked" Forza Motorsport 2 screenshots that hit the web earlier today. Right now, questions abound -- are they fake? Are they real? Is that really what FM2 is going to look like when it's spooling up in my Xbox 360? Yadda yadda. Unfortunately, the only official answer I have at this time is this: Since these screenshots were not officially released by Turn 10 and Microsoft, I cannot confirm nor deny whether these are indeed real. Yeah I know, whiskey tango foxtrot.
Booooooo!!!!

Che said:
What I can tell you is the following: In light of the events of the day, we'll be posting real and official in-game screenshots next Tuesday (09.05.06) morning (rather than wait until Thursday, obviously). I can also say that there will be exclusive screenshots next Tuesday you won't see in any print mags (meaning we're grabbing them from the latest build and not trying to make a magazine's long lead deadlines from a month ago). Now, can everybody please chill out and try to enjoy their labor day weekend? Yay! Now onto other things...
Yaaaaaaaaay!!!

My take: Yes, they are real but they are from an old build. We'll release better ones from the latest build on Tuesday morning.

http://forzamotorsport.net/devcorner/pitpass/pitpass14.htm

TheDuce22

Banned
Dante said:
Yeah I'm hoping it looks better in motion, but these really look underwhelming, as far as next gen racing goes I was looking to this and GT5 to set the bar, and based on the media we have I'm personally dissapointed. Maybe it'll look a lot better in motion a la Motorstorm.

Just yesterday you were going on about how great RR7 looks. :lol You think anyone who has clicked on your post history takes your opinion seriously?

Amir0x

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Booooooo!!!!

I think if he can't confirm/deny, that pretty much guarantees it's real. Maybe from an older build though judging by the comments

Edit: wait i see you already made that suggestion. :lol I agree.

jimbo

Banned
I don't know if these are real or not, but to the people who said RR6, or even the new RR7 look better than these, wtf are you smoking? I mean honestly. I just got done playing RR6(awesome game btw, everyone should give it a spin), my wife and I put over 35 hours into the game and it looks nothing like these screens.:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
jimbo said:
I don't know if these are real or not, but to the people who said RR6, or even the new RR7 look better than these, wtf are you smoking? I mean honestly. I just got done playing RR6(awesome game btw, everyone should give it a spin), my wife and I put over 35 hours into the game and it looks nothing like these screens.:lol

fo reals. or forza 1 for that matter (laughing my god damned ass off)

VALIS

I'm so glad there's a thread or two like this per day on GAF where the fankidz jump on each other and predict next gen champions and turds based on single screen shots, PR speak, weekly or monthly sales data and analyst estimations. They're like retard bait, keeping the 'tards out of all the good threads.

Am I the only one who gets zazzed whenever they talk about online functionality that they can't talk about yet? What are they building up there???

:D

Top Bottom