• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 announced

Coming this holiday as launch title.

Trailer

FORZA_MOTORSPORT_5_VERTICAL_1.jpg

Game designer over at T10.

FM5_-_01_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_02_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_03_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_04_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_05_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_06_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

FM5_-_07_-_Xbox_Reveal_-_2013-05-21_1.jpg

Call me biased, but that didn't look like it was "running on Xbox ONE" at all.

But I'm pretty sure it means Forza 5 is gonna take tire wear really serious now. Probably as far as having the visual representation.

Ty4on

Graphics didn't wow me and I didn't see any new features other than headlights and possibly tire shredding. First thing I did was watch the Forza 3 trailer again because it was much better :/

Hope that doesn't reflect gameplay, I was hoping for a more authentic race day feel, I could handle an exhibition in between but that shit looked like a PGR.

AMUSIX

VERY happy to see Prague...and that wasn't CG? I'll admit, I'm impressed...

How many different cities did they show?

edit: hmm, looking at it now, it could all just be prague, but, if so, they travelled quite a bit over the city (if the under-bridge location is where I think it is)

Prague is an unexpected, (and most welcome), choice for a street circuit in FM.

Hindhaugh commentary is a wonderful touch; I hope it wasn't just for this trailer.

The_Monk

It was the only thing that really got my attention and made me feel I wanted this.

Nothing else to be honest fellow GAFfers.

*fingers crossed* for Logitech wheel support.

This is going to be fucking rough if GT6 has no PS4 version in the hole. Trailer looked great.

p3tran

Banned
Hope that doesn't reflect gameplay, I was hoping for a more authentic race day feel, I could handle an exhibition in between but that shit looked like a PGR.

it is expected that it would try to fill that hole.

as long as it has a proper racing track list, it can also contain anything else t10 wants.

And since forza brings up the question, I would like microsoft to tell me whats going to happen with the steering wheels situation.

saladine1

I assume it's a 'section' from the game. I'm sure the atmosphere you saw at the street race will extend to the track.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
AAGGHHHHHH dammit dammit.

I kinda knew this would be a launch title.

They've already got one game I want, lemme see what they've got in store at e3 before I make up my mind.

shinnn

What's the deal about the narrator?

Sounds like a mix of Forza and PGR. But its just a trailer.

Launch title.. damn.

Snubbers

The trailer is worrying for me..

I really wanted more physics improvements, better suspension, more racing experience stuff..

What I didn't want was the falseness of Shift's Atmosphere (I know a few of you love shift).. I don't want wobbly wing mirrors and OTT effects, or blasting through 'streets' at breakneck speed with cringeworthy voiceovers..

PGR5 would be perfect for all that.. not Forza...

:(

Call me biased, but that didn't look like it was "running on Xbox ONE" at all.

But I'm pretty sure it means Forza 5 is gonna take tire wear really serious now. Probably as far as having the visual representation.

I wonder if the physics will be as serious as the tire wear... Can't be too comfortable racing on a brick road like that, if at all possible at those speeds...

shinnn

The trailer is worrying for me..

I really wanted more physics improvements, better suspension, more racing experience stuff..

What I didn't want was the falseness of Shift's Atmosphere (I know a few of you love shift).. I don't want wobbly wing mirrors and OTT effects, or blasting through 'streets' at breakneck speed with cringeworthy voiceovers..

PGR5 would be perfect for all that.. not Forza...

:(
lol same history for every Forza first trailer.

Mascot

Exactly my thoughts. FM5 is still my most anticipated game but that trailer did nothing for me at all - in fact I thought it was terrible. I'm really not sure what they were trying to convey, but all I got was 'arcade racer' and 'annoying commentary'.

I'm now looking forward to E3 with slight trepidation. I really hope Dan hasn't taken the franchise deeper into casual territory...

Looks very basic graphically, and more PGR than Forza...

It also doesn't seem to be using tessellation as you can see poly edges in that wheel close up.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Exactly my thoughts. FM5 is still my most anticipated game but that trailer did nothing for me at all - in fact I thought it was terrible. I'm really not sure what they were trying to convey, but all I got was 'arcade racer' and 'annoying commentary'.

I'm now looking forward to E3 with slight trepidation. I really hope Dan hasn't taken the franchise deeper into casual territory...

I've only really taken graphics from the trailer.

Other than that I think of it like the FM3 trailer.

Looks very basic graphically, and more PGR than Forza...

It also doesn't seem to be using tessellation as you can see poly edges in that wheel close up.

Hardly seeing any poly edges. Only ones I see are 3 down the very bottom of the wheel arch in the "wheelspin tyre shredding" gif

Top Bottom