• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 announced

Nice to see Turn 10 have finally acknowledged that glass has reflective properties. I hope the glass is visible from the in-car view now too.

AMUSIX

forza6zkbo1.gif

The building in back look pretty shit to me (noticed it in other areas of the trailer as well, like the downhill shot). This is surprising, as Forza has always had a leg up on environments, but comparing this to the architecture found in PGR4 seems like a step back.

Really hoping I'm wrong, or it's just an unfortunate angle on a building that was never meant to be seen clearly, but, like everything else in the conference, I guess I'm taking a 'wait and see'

who am I kidding, Prague alone sold me this game

FlyFaster

Now that I think about it....

They really should have had the P1 come out of nowhere and fly past them in a blur and the entire slow-mo sequence should have been on the P1.

So I improved it, but it's still mouth watering and I love that McLaren is the focus of the trailer.

SarBear

I'm ALMOST there, Microsoft. Almost. Give me a MUSTANG and I'll reserve your system and Forza 5. Promise 15 months of DLC (cars AND tracks), revamped distorted engine sounds, revamped car models for quite a few of those Ferrari models, 2004 SVT Cobra.......and tuning IN ONLINE LOBBIES and I'll be a happy camper.

Seanspeed

Banned
It looks stunning, no doubt. If thats not CG, then I can say its the most impressive racing game footage I've ever seen. Still gotta wait for gameplay footage, as always. Who knows how representative what we saw will be.

Being a launch game is huge news.

Looks like they're trying to address the complaint that races felt dull. Will be interesting to see if they're trying to add real-time commentary during races(by the way, the voice was a motorsport commentator I've heard before, cant think of who off the top of my mind, though). Balloons and fireworks seem highly inappropriate and out-of-place for a sim-style game. I'm very scared that Turn 10 are still not getting what the racers want.

Visual tire wear is interesting, but ultimately fairly meaningless to me if it isn't accompanied with some much improved tire wear functionality during gameplay. In Forza 4, tire wear was essentially non-existent. I do understand the difficulty of balancing it with PI levels and different tire compounds though, as it could mean having cars that are not suited to shorter/longer races depending on the tires. Hopefully they've figured something good out.

New setting looked great and I welcome the addition of a street-track.

Excited to hear more. I'm a little down on the new Xbox, but perhaps E3 can sway me back some.

p3tran

Banned
ok... GOD DAMNIT. Now I'm jealous.

Not buying an Xbox but am pretty jealous of this.

forza is worth any platform, if racing is your thing. ;)

Come E3, I want dan stashed in a room, showing and discussing the game.
Realtime, joypad/wheel/kinect in hand.

and someone better ask microsoft whats the deal with the steering wheels this generation..
will it be as retarded as last time?

Trickster

Wish there were more than 2 cars on the road in the trailer. I like these kind of games in theory. But it always feels super lame when you never see more than 8-16 cars. While in the real world you'd probably have 48+ cars on a track at once.

And there's really no excuse to not have that now.

witness

I wanted to see more than 2 cars on a track and someone actually playing the game. I love the series but I have way too many reservations right now about the game and the system.

Well E3 needs to get here.

Call me an pessimist, but the road texture, trees & water looked straight out of Forza 2!

The building environments looked great, but not a lot better than PGR3, which was a freaking 360 launch title.

The lighting did not impress either, still didn't look better than GT5 & 6 or even what was we seen in GTAIV.

Hopefully what they showed was an super early build where they didn't have full access to the finalized devkits & they rushed to just throw in some assets to make a 15 second trailer.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Call me biased, but that didn't look like it was "running on Xbox ONE" at all.

Ya, clearly not game play. Maybe replay or just "target render". They did the same with the EA montage.

Call me an pessimist, but the road texture, trees & water looked straight out of Forza 2!

The building environments looked great, but not a lot better than PGR3, which was a freaking 360 launch title.

The lighting did not impress either, still didn't look better than GT5 & 6 or even what was we seen in GTAIV.

Hopefully what they showed was an super early build where they didn't have full access to the finalized devkits & they rushed to just throw in some assets to make a 15 second trailer.

JmMnK4E.jpg

yeah dude looks the same

It's John Hindhaugh of Radio Le Mans.
Anyone who watched/listened to the Nurburgring 24hr race on Sunday would have heard him complementing Gran Turismo over and over. I mean, it almost sounded like he was pushing the product at times when the other commentators didn't seem to want to talk about it.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but interesting...

tranciful

Turn10 has a habit of saying things are in-game when they're actually photomode. Will wait for gameplay footage to judge.

sn00zer

Pretty incredible, but as with Drive club and the new GT6, these game try to be as visually realistic as possible...so they all end up looking the same.... and the jump from last gen to next gen is going to be very small visual-wise....I mean how detailed can you make your car model before people stop noticing?

Forza,Driveclub, and GT6 are going to have to do a lot more work to show off their differneces

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Anyone who thinks GT6 looks better is honestly delusional.

FM5 is such a massive step up from what current generation games can handle it's nearly unbelievable. That metallic paint shader alone is incredible. Can't wait to see more gameplay at E3.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You can still tell it uses the Forza engine though with the black blobs under cars. Was hoping that would finally get removed with real time dynamic lighting :(

Klocker

beautiful... not PGR but I am shocked they are giving us a FM5 so soon...

Day ONE

also sounds like they are going to make the world more alive and less static.... will be fun.... that city looked very PGR-esque, :(

Top Bottom