• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

This is exactly my issue I have with FM5. Played 3 and 4 solely with a controller and never had any problems with them unless I got into a supercar or something with insane power, then I would just turn TCS on. With FM5, I'm having issues just trying to drive a stock Subaru BRZ. It seems to be WAY too tail happy for a car that is well known to be under powered but also handles very well. Yes I've been playing PC sims with a wheel for over a year now, but the cars in FM5 definitely seem much harder to drive IMO. I'm going to try to put more time in it before judging any further but it's been hard for me to keep playing when every car I pick is nearly aggravating to keep on track.

Edit: FWIW, I've owned a few different RWD cars that were fairly powerful, one with ~600 rwhp. My current car is a 2013 Mustang GT with a 6-speed manual and it's making 420+. I've done quite a bit to the suspension as far as handling goes, so I have more than an idea at what something with that kind of power feels on street tires.

What? Jeremy was drifting the 86/BRZ at 30mph

https://vimeo.com/59415579

The deadzones on the XB1s triggers are absolutely awful. You only get about 40% registered travel unlike the OG xbox and 360 where you would almost get 100%

I was testing the trigger deadzones in windows 10 the other week and my launch controller will be fully 'pressed' at about 80% and it took about 20% before it would even start to register anything.

They could be better for sure, that deadzone needs to be 10% or at least tweakable inside forza 6 itself.

My most annoying thing is that my left analog stick has taken a shit and will keep pulling left randomly, the stick itself feels fine but the sensor inside it has gone to whack.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I was testing the trigger deadzones in windows 10 the other week and my launch controller will be fully 'pressed' at about 80% and it took about 20% before it would even start to register anything.

They could be better for sure, that deadzone needs to be 10% or at least tweakable inside forza 6 itself.

My most annoying thing is that my left analog stick has taken a shit and will keep pulling left randomly, the stick itself feels fine but the sensor inside it has gone to whack.

They can be changed in FM5, they go from virtually useless at default to slightly manageable when maxed out.

I am hoping that the Elite controller isn't anywhere near as bad.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Ok just went ahead to confirm it for myself.

When you start a race it starts you at 118F on your tires, after a full lap of Prague in a A700 512 TR it reached 225F and then maintained 230F with spikes into 240F+ when braking and cornering.

After letting the car sit for about 5 minutes it is maintaining around 72.5~F and slowly dropping. After starting a lap again at this temperature of 72.5~ I ended up at 216F after one lap and 230F after the first few turns.

Not sure where you guys are getting the deadzone stuff from, while reading your comments and doing the above test I tried that out also.

I noticed a 3-4% deadzone on the bottom and a 3-4% deadzone on the top of the controller based on applied throttle in telemetry.

Here is a video I took of the deadzones with telemetry:
http://youtu.be/CkDC2asGEjg

The 40% registered travel... what?
http://youtu.be/rOZ2F7TWg_E

terrible

Banned
I just saw this posted on the official Forza forums.

Not that it's surprising but it's confirmed that the ultimate edition is digital only.

I love how they call it "early access" too. No, more like the other copies get to play late.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I don't understand what they're saying about only having partial use of the pressure range.

This, is what I'm saying

ughrhuck.gif

Compared to FM4 which has less than a quarter of that deadzone. It's disgusting.

Not that it's surprising but it's confirmed that the ultimate edition is digital only.

I love how they call it "early access" too. No, more like the other copies get to play late.

Kinda surprising. It doesn't affect me because I buy digital, but physical LCE is a big deal for a lot of Forza fans.

This, is what I'm saying

ughrhuck.gif

Compared to FM4 which has less than a quarter of that deadzone. It's disgusting.

nsr.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned
This, is what I'm saying

ughrhuck.gif

What exactly is that GIF supposed to prove?

GkQ2LUX.gif

Ultimate editions are partly paying a premium to play earlier.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
What exactly is that GIF supposed to prove?

FordGTGuy gonna FordGTGuy...

That deadzone is disgustingly big especially for any half fast driver who is somewhat interested in rolling on the power out of corners.

It's the same for the brakes, causing significantly more lock ups when not running ABS.

FordGTGuy

Banned
FordGTGuy gonna FordGTGuy...

That deadzone is disgustingly big especially for any half fast driver who is somewhat interested in rolling on the power out of corners.

It's the same for the brakes, causing significantly more lock ups when not running ABS.

Hah, ok.

Keep moving those goal posts, first it was 60% deadzones and now its impossible to roll out power in corners(something I do around every corner).

Can't wait to see the next claim.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Hah, ok.

Keep moving those goal posts, first it was 60% deadzones and now its impossible to roll out power in corners(something I do around every corner).

Can't wait to see the next claim.

*ctrl + F*

*Types "Impossible"*

*1 result, in quote*

Okay, sure, keep at it. It's near misterxmedia levels of funny now...

m23

Ultimate editions are partly paying a premium to play earlier.

No, honestly its BS. I love Forza and Turn 10, but this early access thing is stupid. If the game is finished and ready to play, why block other people who are spending heard earned money on it from playing it? Make the Ultimate Edition better in other ways, don't start shitting on your other fans and customers by making them wait longer for the game they paid for.

This is a horrible practice and I hope it's not picked up by other devs and publishers.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
No, honestly its BS. I love Forza and Turn 10, but this early access thing is stupid. If the game is finished and ready to play, why block other people who are spending heard earned money on it from playing it? Make the Ultimate Edition better in other ways, don't start shitting on your other fans and customers by making them wait longer for the game they paid for.

This is a horrible practice and I hope it's not picked up by other devs and publishers.

this.

FordGTGuy

Banned

I'll be enjoying the game five days earlier while you complain about it.

It's one of the great things about EA Access.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

lol what makes you guys think that "Early Access" means literally early access to the game? that is not going to happen. They are probably refereeing to some DLC content that you get early. If you get to play the game early, that would have been a news of it itself, and yeah it would be pretty shit thing to do.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol what makes you guys think that "Early Access" means literally early access to the game? that is not going to happen. They are probably refereeing to some DLC content that you get early. If you get to play the game early, that would have been a news of it itself, and yeah it would be pretty shit thing to do.

it was news. you get the game a week early. and from everything i heard this isnt the same as the halo 5 package where you get to preload a week early, its true early access.

m23

Reading helps.

Ultimate Edition owners will be granted early access to play Forza Motorsport 6 on 9/10/2015.

I'll be enjoying the game five days earlier while you complain about it.

It's one of the great things about EA Access.

This is not EA Access. This is the full game 5 days earlier, EA Access has a limit.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Reading helps.

Ultimate Edition owners will be granted early access to play Forza Motorsport 6 on 9/10/2015.

This is not EA Access. This is the full game 5 days earlier, EA Access has a limit.

EA Access is the full game earlier but is limited to a certain amount of hours.

You also don't have to buy the game to get it.

And you've not giving any reason why he shouldn't complain about it.

Why do I?

I'm not here to change peoples minds on things.

m23

EA Access is the full game earlier but is limited to a certain amount of hours.

Why do I?

I'm not here to change peoples minds on things.

Which is what I meant by limit. There is no indication of Forza 6 having any sort of time limit, and I feel it is unfair for people who are paying money to have to wait for a finished game to be unlocked while others who pay a bit more get to play. I mean, I would understand if it's open for all digital buyers....but it isn't.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Which is what I meant by limit. There is no indication of Forza 6 having any sort of time limit, and I feel it is unfair for people who are paying money to have to wait for a finished game to be unlocked while others who pay a bit more get to play. I mean, I would understand if it's open for all digital buyers....but it isn't.

There is no time limit because we are paying $100 for the game.

If you want it, pay the $100.

terrible

Banned
Microsoft's got to inch towards their old no resale digital age plan somehow!

The late release for physical and non Ultimate Edition copies is a slap to the face.

FordGTGuy

Banned

The late release for physical and non Ultimate Edition copies is a slap to the face.

It's not a late release, it's the normal release date.

Physical is getting the game on the actual release date, same with normal digital versions.

I dislike buying dlc in advance (seson passes, car packs, etc) so i'm really put off that the most expensive version is in people's hands early but i'll just bite my lip and stick with the retail disc.

deadstar72

Neo Member

It certainly is. Not to mention no option to get the vip pack if you get the physical version or get the limited edition console.

terrible

Banned
It's not a late release, it's the normal release date.

Physical is getting the game on the actual release date, same with normal digital versions.

According to their marketing, sure. I look at the situation more realistically though. If the game can be downloaded and played on the 10th with the Ultimate Edition it's obviously available for the other digital editions too, they've just decided to hold it back.

I don't know if they could supply stores with enough physical copies for a release on the 10th so I will give them a pass on that though I suspect they could.

I dislike this practice in general. I'm not singling out Forza it's just it's the first game I like that's done this.

deadstar72

Neo Member
There will most certainly be a way to buy VIP if you get the standard physical edition.

I really hope so, it's just at the moment there's no option in the store to do so, which has me worried. It's only available bundled with the deluxe and ultimate editions.

Usually I buy the limited edition physical version but obviously that's not happening this time around. Once I saw the limited edition console I figured I'd grab that, sell the code and buy the physical version and vip upgrade. Has there been any sort of confirmation about a vip upgrade or is this just an assumption based on the fact that it's been available with previous games?

Gestault

...no option to get the vip pack if you get the physical version or get the limited edition console.

If the marketplace listings for the last several Forza games are any indication, it's something you'll be able to upgrade with a separate purchase from the physical-standard version.

Klocker

I really hope so, it's just at the moment there's no option in the store to do so, which has me worried. It's only available bundled with the deluxe and ultimate editions.

Usually I buy the limited edition physical version but obviously that's not happening this time around. Once I saw the limited edition console I figured I'd grab that, sell the code and buy the physical version and vip upgrade. Has there been any sort of confirmation about a vip upgrade or is this just an assumption based on the fact that it's been available with previous games?

Yes I felt the same way when 5 was releasing but as it got closer to release (or on release) it was there. I think they do it like this to avoid confusion for digital preorders and prevent people from buying a separate pack when they are already getting it in one of the digital editions, until presales are over.

Gek54

This, is what I'm saying

ughrhuck.gif

I am measuring 8mm of travel, 2mm of initial deadzone and 3mm of dead zone on the end leaving only 3mm of usable travel. I do feel bad for the controller users.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I am measuring 8mm of travel, 2mm of initial deadzone and 3mm of dead zone on the end leaving only 3mm of usable travel. I do feel bad for the controller users.

You just claimed that the deadzone is bigger than the registered travel, my video shows that isn't true.

deadstar72

Neo Member
Yes I felt the same way when 5 was releasing but as it got closer to release (or on release) it was there. I think they do it like this to avoid confusion for digital preorders and prevent people from buying a separate pack when they are already getting it in one of the digital editions, until presales are over.

Ah I see, I hope that's the case. I've never purchased vip separately before so I'd never noticed when they usually put it up in the store. Hype back on track :)

Klocker

After playing some more PCars today I really hope Forza continues to improve the vibration feedback on controllers. They do great with the throttle/brake on the triggers but pc seems to do a better job (compared to F5) of giving controller users a vibrational sense of connection to the road with all four wheels. I feel in pc as I know almost exactly where that fine line of pushing a car through the corners is. F5 did ok but could be better.

Shaneus

Jesus. Wonder if the supremo new whiz-bang controller has the same problem.

Is it also evident in FH2? I would assume so, given it's the same engine.

eso76

When are they going to start announcing the tracks ?
Release is 8/9 weeks away, the time is right for them weekly reveals !

willbsn13

When are they going to start announcing the tracks ?
Release is 8/9 weeks away, the time is right for them weekly reveals !

They only have 5 tracks to announce, but I assume we'll get two or three announced maybe through the Forza garage reveals perhaps one every three weeks. The other ones will probably be announced at somewhere like Gamescom.

Im excited to see what they have in store for us with these 5 remaining tracks - whether they're new to the franchise tracks or returning locations.

Mascot

They only have 5 tracks to announce, but I assume we'll get two or three announced maybe through the Forza garage reveals perhaps one every three weeks. The other ones will probably be announced at somewhere like Gamescom.

Im excited to see what they have in store for us with these 5 remaining tracks - whether they're new to the franchise tracks or returning locations.

I hope one of them is a revamped Maple Valley. Maybe extended with a couple of new ribbons.

Top Bottom