• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four of the top ten pre-orders on US PSN are Xbox ports

ManaByte

Gold Member
Grounded just jumped up the list today likely due to the PS+ sale price.

#1. Sot Premium ($60 version)
#3. Grounded
#8. SoT standard ($40 version)
#9. SoT deluxe ($50 version)

odkWyUg.jpg
KOkT8HI.jpg

Lets get Starfield and Hellblade 2 on ps5. Then you will really see preorder numbers balloon. A lot of Bethesda fans are on ps5. And the other might as well be made by a sony fp studio.

Kerotan

It's still weird seeing MS games on playstation. Hi Fi Rush has a 5 star rating from those who bought it. Soon there will be grounded and soon after sea of thieves. They're right to rush these out because there's a lull in releases ATM.

The only MS Game I can see myself getting is the age of mythology reboot if they bring it to playstation. Not officially announced but it's not launching until later this year.

ManaByte

Gold Member
And Best Sellers changes regularly, AFAIK.

We would need to see Best Sellers for the entire month to get a better view of placements. Still though, good to see these games are finding an audience on new platforms. Rare & Obsidian have earned it.
SOT hasn‘t dropped out of the top 5 since it was posted. It only dropped out of the top spot when DD2 and Ronin were close to release.

Crew511A

If they brought the MCC or some Gears games over and gave them cross play, that could do wonders for the player count.

Last edited:
Like I said. There is a huge segment of console fanboys who won’t buy the other system no matter what games it has
Because their friends/family aren't on that system, being able to play with friends/family is a huge factor into what system people play on.

Also there isn't a lot of big games releasing until the fall so its not surprising to see these games in the top pre-ordered list.

clarky

Gold Member
I don't think they are good.
I do find games like Gears Series and Halo Infinite good though.

Still haven't tried Starfield.
Redfall was, is and will remain trash.

Starfield on the other hand is decent, just not the second coming of Bethesda like some would have hoped. Looking forward to the DLC, hopefully they tackle some of the glaring flaws.

Havoc2049

Genius move by Phil. Get the PS5 kids hooked to the SoT crack, then make SoT2 an Xbox NeXt exclusive that they have to have. 😜

Seriously, both SoT and Grounded are great games. SoT has probably already passed the million mark on PS5 pre-orders, as all three SKUs have been in the Top 10 for like 2-3 weeks now.

Killjoy-NL

And what’s that got to do with the quality of games already released to great reviews on other platforms? 😏
Because if actual sales aren't that high, the majority doesn't think those games are worth a purchase?

Just going by your logic.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Critics seem to agree.

That you’re in the minority? Yes.

Critics loved Grounded, Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush. And Sea of Thieves - while panned on Xbox at launch for lack of content - has very positive reviews on Steam with the content issue sorted out.

Top Bottom