• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fourth playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze probably leaked by Amazon

Berordn

I'm surprised instead that Retro didn't use them seeing how those things in DKCR were generic and boring as fuck... we got another bunch of boring enemies now.

Very stupid for Retro to not use Kremlings.

A bunch of viking penguins, arctic hares and walruses more generic than the Kremlings?

...yeah, sure.

Effect

I really hope this wasn't going to be the VGX surprise. As nice as this is that would have been beyond lame.

galvatron

YES! The return of the king. Picking him should just be the equivalent of the P-wing or super guide of this game with all the smack he talks about doing things better than the player.

Mr Swine

Banned
But Pauline is the same and looks as young. And during the Snake conversations in Brawl, they implied it's the same Mario.

Donkey Kong of now is the same as Donkey Kong of old, I never ever liked Rares way that Donkey Kong Jr is Donkey Kong in DKC. It doesn't even remotely make sense.

Berordn

Donkey Kong of now is the same as Donkey Kong of old, I never ever liked Rares way that Donkey Kong Jr is Donkey Kong in DKC. It doesn't even remotely make sense.

DK Jr. is DKC DK's father, according to Rare's canon.

Though they did jump back and forth calling Cranky his grandfather and his dad for a time.

D-e-f-

Banned
In the video does he discuss playing as Cranky? Sorry, didn't see that post.

No. Nothing about Cranky was ever discussed. The box art is the only thing we know about Cranky.

Just the opposite. They reiterated that you cannot. I think it was the GT episode with Bill showing off DKC.

^this is the video where Bill says DK is the default and only P1 character.

We have no idea how that relates to Cranky Kong since we don't know how Cranky Kong is included in the game if he has some crazy special mode or if he his this game's super guide character or if he is a DK-replacement. We just don't know. I guess Reggie will tell us in Saturday ...ugh.

maxcriden

No. Nothing about Cranky was ever discussed. The box art is the only thing we know about Cranky.

^this is the video where Bill says DK is the default and only P1 character.

We have no idea how that relates to Cranky Kong since we don't know how Cranky Kong is included in the game if he has some crazy special mode or if he his this game's super guide character or if he is a DK-replacement. We just don't know. I guess Reggie will tell us in Saturday ...ugh.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I would not be surprised if he is a DK replacement, although perhaps he is an assist character with a special ability using his cane. As you said, I guess we'll see on Saturday--if that's all they're bringing to VGX I doubt that'll go over too well, though....

Gartooth

Dixie, diddy and cranky aren't really 'playable' characters for single player, they are more like power ups.

FTFY

And yeah, I've always been disappointed that I was forced to play as DK with other characters as "power-ups" but given the game's overall level design it is clear that they are made around playing as DK primarily. Hopefully I get enough co-op sessions in to try out the other characters...

mf luder

FTFY

And yeah, I've always been disappointed that I was forced to play as DK with other characters as "power-ups" but given the game's overall level design it is clear that they are made around playing as DK primarily. Hopefully I get enough co-op sessions in to try out the other characters...

If there playable in co-op they should be playable in single player, all the work on their movements and physics etc has been done. I've still got some hope that they will be unlockable after you've finished the game or something.

Top Bottom