• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: Superman defends undocumented immigrants against angry American

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Why is Superman trying to harm the job creators like Lex!? Why isn't Superman fighting for a lower corporate tax rate and a lowering of the capital gains tax!?

Sou Da

Nick Spencer's only achievement in life is when he got Fox and Friends to call a Supervillain cult "American Patriots"

Caelus

I just remembered - wasn't it a Fox news article that made an uproar about Wonder Woman's skirt no longer resembling the star-spangled banner?

This whole "triggered snowflake" label is some serious projection.

Vyer

how angry these dipshits get at seeing something like a superhero being decent, caring and fair should tell you all you need to know about their 'make america great again' bullshit

Travo

I know Fox is made up of a bunch of dumbasses but I'm still surprised at their reaction to something like this.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
SUPERMAN IS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN

I've been thinking lately about how John Byrne's 80's Man of Steel reboot that had him arrive in a birthing matrix to be "born in the USA" almost seemed like a stealth recontextualization of this origin for the conservative 80's. Fortunately it didn't take.

Unfortunately, without DACA, it wouldn't really matter for Superman, would it?

Loxley

Fox got into a row with the goddamn Muppets a few years back because the movie's villain was a corporate asshole, they're fucking idiots who will look to be offended by anything.

Also, good on DC for bringing Superman back to his social-crusader roots in recent years. The HR article is spot-on in that for a number of decades he became a tool of establishment (mostly as a result of the Red Scare and the rise of the Comics Code Authority). Seeing him go back to Siegel and Schuster's vision for the character has been really nice to see.

First Mario gives in to the leftists by not being a plumber, now Superman indoctrinates our youth with the sick idea that Latinos are people. When will the madness end?

JaggedSac

Also, someone is opening fire on those people in the image. Is Fox news saying Superman should have allowed those people to be gunned down?

under attack from a white guy wearing an American flag bandana and waving around a machine gun.

Bandit Keith?
latest

Paz

Wait until Fox News finds out that Maervel's Captain America fights Nazi's across WW2 and modern times.

They'll probably die from shock at the indoctrinated hate against their people.

Or maybe they'll be ecstatic about the recent storyline.

Zelias

Banned
Clearly we should be siding with the murderous gunman instead of the innocent, terrified people.

Fox should really learn that comic book villainy is best left to comic books, not 'news' outlets.

In the most recent issue of Action Comics, Superman comes to the rescue of a group of illegal aliens -- under attack from a white guy wearing an American flag bandana and waving around a machine gun.

Instead of rounding up the illegals and flying them back to where they came from, the Man of Steel snatches the white guy and with a menacing look snarls, "The only person responsible for the blackness smothering your soul -- is you."

"Sorry citizen; are these brown people getting in the way of your bullets? We can't have that. I'll fly them somewhere out of the way of you exercising your rights guaranteed by the SECOND AMENDMENT, like Guadalajara or Guatemala or one of those other Gua places. Sorry for the inconvenience you lily-white symbol of racial purity."

In what world can you possibly spin Superman saving people from being murdered into "LIBERAL PROPAGANDA"? Dumb fucking shitstain asshole moron.

Indoctrinating kids to think murder is wrong. Indeed, what is the world coming to?

When people accuse Republicans of being "comic book villains", it's no longer a metaphor.

Rymuth

"comics are apolitical" is probably the dumbest fucking take of all time.

Next up - Why is Captain America punching the Nazis? Is he antifa?? Howcome the X-Men keep talkin about RACISM?

I seem to recall Cap making comments on the Tea Party and that caused a stink. I may be wrong.

In the first issue of Captain America: Sam Wilson, Cap protected illegal Mexican immigrants at the US-Mexico border from a group called the Sons of the Serpent, which are basically KKK/white nationalist/white supremacist/Neo-Nazis. Well, FOX took to this like flies to something super gross and called outrage at the idea of Captain America fighting against conservatives protecting their country.

The fact the writer is angry Superman's first thought was to chew out an attempted murderer rather then 'send 'em back where they came from' sums it all up doesn't it?

The Man of Steel has now become a propaganda tool for the defenders of illegal aliens.

picardfacepalm.jpg
Lol, no shit.

Tomorrow on Fox News: Batman doesn't like guns for some reason. Obama is to blame, probably.

It reads like parody.
I legitimately thought it was an Onion article that they had gone the extra mile to make look like a FOX article.
Also, someone is opening fire on those people in the image. Is Fox news saying Superman should have allowed those people to be gunned down?
Yes, because he also mentions Texas ranchers defending their property. Which, if stereotypes and pop media have taught us anything, are cowboys with shotguns.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Has there ever been a Superman arc with ICE as the villain trying to deport superman?

I remember thinking it was hilarious that immigration was the villain in that terrible Coneheads movie.

In addition to the "literal unregistered alien" point, why wouldn't Superman save innocent people from a machine-gun wielding loon and prioritize dispatching said loon over checking the innocent people's visa status?

Top Bottom