• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: Superman defends undocumented immigrants against angry American

In addition to the "literal unregistered alien" point, why wouldn't Superman save innocent people from a machine-gun wielding loon and prioritize dispatching said loon over checking the innocent people's visa status?
Because he's a hard-working American defending his needs and his home.

Obviously

Wag

latest

Well, FOX, if Superman isn't good enough for you, this guy is always available...

"Keep your politics out of my funny books!"
Superhero comics have tackled political issues ever since Action Comics #1. An issue in which Supes saves a woman from the death penalty, beats up an abusive husband and throws him out of a window and then proceeds to stop a war in South America engineered by a bunch of politicians and weapons manufacturers. Where was the outrage back in 1938? Fox is really fucking late to the party. Someone should tell them about the X-Men, lol. Corrupting the youth of America ever since the 60s.

TalonJH

The fact that these idiots will completely miss the irony of getting upset that Superman, an alien who did not come to this country through proper channels, has a fake identity, yet still works hard to embrace the American ideals and become an American hero, is defending "illegal aliens" is delicious.

Superman is a Dreamer.

Wag

Superhero comics have tackled political issues ever since Action Comics #1. An issue in which Supes saves a woman from the death penalty, beats up an abusive husband and throws him out of a window and then proceeds to stop a war in South America engineered by a bunch of politicians and weapons manufacturers. Where was the outrage back in 1938? Fox is really fucking late to the party. Someone should tell them about the X-Men, lol. Corrupting the youth of America ever since the 60s.

The main theme of the X books is about mutants being "oppressed" minorities. I wonder how FOX missed that?

I would say this is the pot calling the kettle black, but the message and imagery of that Superman interlude story should not be compared to the vile, ignorant, knowingly false bullshit Fox News spreads every night.

Boem

Fox News arguing that Superman isn't American enough and saying that he's an illegal alien is them (again) reaching South Park parody level.

I figure Colbert will have fun with this, if he'll have time with all the other craziness happening all the time.

Fox News arguing that Superman isn't American enough and saying that he's an illegal alien is them (again) reaching South Park parody level.

I figure Colbert will have fun with this, if he'll have time with all the other craziness happening all the time.
I mean technically superman is by definition an illegal alien lol

Kelsdesu

I would love to see Superman protesting over DACA.

This is also the point of art. To question the status quo. To challenge our way of thought.

caliph95

Nairume

Banned
Or how Superman fought KKK, Fox News and the President's close friends.

Camjo-Z

Remember when Superman stood for truth, justice and the American way?

It's unfortunate that DC Comics is turning its stable of iconic heroes into political pawns – hell-bent on indoctrinating our kids.

oh the irony

Top Bottom