• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: Superman defends undocumented immigrants against angry American

jiiikoo

Banned
Fox after realizing they defended a white supremacist and slammed superman:
8ubGFLt.gif
No. They dont care if they’re the baddies.

What I wouldn't do to never have to hear the phrase "The American Way" ever again.

Seems to me that according to them if your not being a bigot, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or forcing religious views down others throats your not being a "Patriot" and demeaning the "Greatest country in the entire world!".

NandoGip

Clark Kent as an illegal would be a crazy fucking story

He gets pulled over one night and they check his papers (which he has none of), and they throw em in jail. He has to stay in jail to keep his Clark Kent persona but also uses his powers to escape secretly to fight bad guys.

At the climax of the storyline Clark Kent gets deported legally and thrown on a plane, but afterwards Superman decides to come back, making him both legally and technically an illegal alien.

That's when the real shit starts, because Supes cant switch back to Clark Kent and it weighs heavily on his conscious about what does he fight in the US for.

The book ends with the final pages showing him deciding to go fight and protect another country

Setting aside...everything else, is the author defending the person touting a machine gun trying to kill these people superman is "wrongly" defending?

I got an idea for an opinion piece, maybe if I bigots and racists didn't threaten the lives of people in real life we wouldn't have to depict it in media.

He gets pulled over one night and they check his papers (which he has none of), and they throw em in jail. He has to stay in jail to keep his Clark Kent persona but also uses his powers to escape secretly to fight bad guys.

At the climax of the storyline Clark Kent gets deported legally and thrown on a plane, but afterwards Superman decides to come back, making him both legally and technically an illegal alien.

That's when the real shit starts, because Supes cant switch back to Clark Kent and it weighs heavily on his conscious about what does he fight in the US for.

The book ends with the final pages showing him deciding to go fight and protect another country

Complicating this further, he's married to Lois Lane and has a son by her now. While Jonathan was born in the Fortress of Solitude, I think he's legally a citizen through his mother.

Phocks

Sounds like it would make a bad story.

Is he blocking the bullets from mowing down defenseless human beings? What an absolute asshole.

/s

I feel like this is what really pissed off the person who wrote that article. Not the fact that Superman was angry at the guy with the gun or whatever nonsense they wrote.

There needs to be a Superman movie starring a brown man as Clark Kent, who's still raised by white parents.

DC and Warner Bros can do that their is already a black super man Calvin Ellis of Earth 23 where he is also the president of the United States. That adds an extra layer of craziness since he is an illegal alien and president of the united states. Their is also Earth D superman. Man imagine if people like the person in this comic book knew about the Earth D heroes.

Mesoian

Oh look, people who don't read comic books are getting mad at comic books because of how they portray characters they only tangentially know from other media.

They sort of did this.

It's also sort of the plot to Justice Lords, only in that one, Superman just takes over everything because he's fucking Superman and you can't fight evil Superman with racism.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Don't most comic book heroes for like the last century tend to stop unarmed people from getting shot in the vast majority of situation?

Even the anti heroes like Punisher and some villains like Magneto would protect them in this case.

caliph95

Don't most comic book heroes for like the last century tend to stop unarmed people from getting shot in the vast majority of situation?

Even the anti heroes like Punisher and some villains like Magneto would protect them in this case.
Yeah nowadays even Magneto probably would

tkscz

I like Superman all of a sudden, weird

All of a sudden? Superman has been doing things like this sense the 90's, maybe even before then. It's why I hate those comments so much more. I doubt a single one of them ever read a superman book. When I saw this in the newest Action comics, I saw Superman doing what he always has, and what he always will do. Fucking Fox news.

I would buy multiple copies of this.

Real talk, the fact Superman is literally an illegal immigrant (and refugee too actually) is way too good of an angle to not persue.

Lol I could imagine him hunkering down in Canada, or hell, even Mexico for an added sting.

Top Bottom