• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile (Wii) playable at C3xHobby next week

wrowa

"running around with the flashligt" is probably the main part of the game. ;) I don't think that game will be very combat heavy.

Nice trailer. The game is looking great.

ivysaur12 said:
EDIT: Wait, after watching the video, I'm slightly confused. I sort of expected from the impressions for Seto to turn like a tank. But he doesn't. He seems really fast.
Yep, same here. I imagined something way slower and clunkier, but this vid didn't give me this impression at all. In fact, the turning mechanic seems to work well enough to me, despite the wide dead zone (contrarily to many other pointer-heavy games whose gameplay seemed particularly clunky to me in video because of an excessively wide dead zone). But well, this short, low quality sequence admittedly isn't ideal to judge the game on this, so I guess we could always wait for more footage and impressions to get a better idea on this aspect.

Every time I see a new thread about this game I go to the website and listen to the theme while reading through the thread. It reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger, or at least what some of the tracks would sound like if they were in better quality. The game itself is shaping up nicely, I think the combat will be better than the impressions lead on, as there will be multiple party members and most likely more attacks and techniques you can learn later on. They only had time to show a small portion of the game, just like in most demos.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Everything looks/sounds great except for the combat. But it does seem like combat might not be a big part of the game anyways..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
Keep expectations low to avoid another Trusty Bell.

It`s a 3rd Party Wii game.... so yeah i`ll keep my expectations low - though i like it very much, hope they fix the combat system and share more informations at tgs...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Stormbringer said:
Nice trailer. The game is looking great.

Yep, same here. I imagined something way slower and clunkier, but this vid didn't give me this impression at all. In fact, the turning mechanic seems to work well enough to me, despite the wide dead zone (contrarily to many other pointer-heavy games whose gameplay seemed particularly clunky to me in video because of an excessively wide dead zone). But well, this short, low quality sequence admittedly isn't ideal to judge the game on this, so I guess we could always wait for more footage and impressions to get a better idea on this aspect.
well, keep in mind that this game is supposed to be a heavy on exploration, light on action RPG. the way that the guy was litterally running around everywhere was what i think a little disingenuous to the actual pace of the game. furthermore, since this game isn't exactly an FPS, i don't think that the size of the dead zone should be a problem, and i think that this kind of dead zone is IMPORTANT to a game of this type.

Stopsign said:
Every time I see a new thread about this game I go to the website and listen to the theme while reading through the thread. It reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger, or at least what some of the tracks would sound like if they were in better quality. The game itself is shaping up nicely, I think the combat will be better than the impressions lead on, as there will be multiple party members and most likely more attacks and techniques you can learn later on. They only had time to show a small portion of the game, just like in most demos.
prepare to be sorely disappointed. the kind of game this is, the chances of it having a party system are slim to none. this is more an exploration game with RPG elements than an RPG with exploration elements.

birdchili

party-based action rpgs never work very well anyway. single character is better. plus, this seems to be going for a lonely feel...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
birdchili said:
party-based action rpgs never work very well anyway. single character is better. plus, this seems to be going for a lonely feel...

Poor Secret of Mana 2 :)

doomed1 said:
well, keep in mind that this game is supposed to be a heavy on exploration, light on action RPG. the way that the guy was litterally running around everywhere was what i think a little disingenuous to the actual pace of the game. furthermore, since this game isn't exactly an FPS, i don't think that the size of the dead zone should be a problem, and i think that this kind of dead zone is IMPORTANT to a game of this type.
Oh, but I actually agree with that. I definitely see the link between the controls and the type and pace of the game. It's just that with two different impressions singling out the controls as "annoying" because apparently of the pointer's ample dead zone, I thought that this issue would be more noticeable during an actual gameplay sequence. However the point of view seemed to move smoothly and fast enough in this footage to not look awkward to me. But on the other hand as you pointed out, this game probably doesn't need excessively tight pointer's controls, so I was pleased to see that the dead zone configuration seemed balanced enough in this video, even considering that the game would probably be paced slower most of the time. But again, it's pretty hard to see much in this short gameplay segment, so I think I will need way more video footages and also impressions to see if my first opinion is the correct one, at least, before I get to try the game myself...one day...maybe...

Azure J

Hey, could anyone link me to the translated batch of information for Fragile so far & the screenshots/concept art? My time at the site poking around for it all isn't paying off much.

AzureJericho said:
Hey, could anyone link me to the translated batch of information for Fragile so far & the screenshots/concept art? My time at the site poking around for it all isn't paying off much.
Well, not sure if that's what you're asking for but I once translated a batch of infos from a scan here...You can also find a recent batch of screens and artworks here, here, here, and here.

Top Bottom