• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Ocean - Blonde |OT| These boys do cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna know is the new song good, highkey think his singles so far have actually been almost as good on anything on Blonde.

And when the fuck is he coming to TEXAS.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
just saw. its on Spotify now too.
I just wanna know is the new song good, highkey think his singles so far have actually been almost as good on anything on Blonde.

And when the fuck is he coming to TEXAS.

better than lens imo.

not as good as chanel and biking but still frank still killing it thou.

He's on like version 7 and I'm loving it.

What's different about v2?
Frank Ocean - Provider

Frank Ocean - Provider v2

Frank Ocean - Provider v3

Frank Ocean - Provider v4???

Frank Ocean - Provider but the intro is just a typewriter

Frank Ocean - Provider but the intro fades in and uses a bit crusher effect

Frank Ocean - Provider but the intro is longer with frank singing very beautifully

Everyones too hyped to get details but thats all we got.

But... Endless... this is the last one, right? Could it happen tonight?

You need to let Endless go, man

I can't. It's like the one that got away.

And I've never had a relationship so I dont even know how I feel like this.

gyMraUQ.png

Is there an end game with these singles or is he just releasing them as he makes them cuz why not

Not sure, but the guy Frank may be singing about tweeted the chorus a while ago (credit: r/frankocean):

From what people who have worked with Frank have stated, Frank makes a bunch of versions of the songs he releases. On the radio, I think there were about 6–7 different versions (some where the pitch is changed, the ending is different, intros vary, etc...). So it seems he takes his time crafting multiple versions of his songs.

The other versions of Lens & Chanel have only been uploaded on Soundcloud.

YO DID HE RELEASE ONLY YOU?

Negative.

Jocund

Is there an end game with these singles or is he just releasing them as he makes them cuz why not
Not likely. He's independent now and I believe he's stated since Blonde's release that he'll be making regular releases from now on primarily in the form of loosies.

Tall4Life

our boy was spotted at the mayweather/mcgregor fight

also, looking at the Genius page, I didn't realize how many references there are -- Aphex Twin, Goku, Talking Heads, Kubrick, shoegaze, other stuff... his lyrics are so good

Because of all my hate's post I went down the rabbit hole of IG, Twitter, and r/frankocean, and man what the fuck lmao. How do people find this shit? Thank goodness Frank is smart enough to set his personal IG to private.

Provider is nice, but feels a bit too slight for me. Did he firmly state Blonded would only get 7 episodes? I would assume unless he starts just putting the singles up on his site then he might go quiet again.

Because of all my hate's post I went down the rabbit hole of IG, Twitter, and r/frankocean, and man what the fuck lmao. How do people find this shit? Thank goodness Frank is smart enough to set his personal IG to private.

Provider is nice, but feels a bit too slight for me. Did he firmly state Blonded would only get 7 episodes? I would assume unless he starts just putting the singles up on his site then he might go quiet again.

I only lurk on reddit, never post. And I don't have social media, so I'm not part of the "cult" of FO fans that stalk everyone he comes in contact with.

And yes, he's stated during his live performances that 007 would be the last. The DJs of Blonded also confirmed that it was done.

I only lurk on reddit, never post. And I don't have social media, so I'm not part of the "cult" of FO fans that stalk everyone he comes in contact with.

And yes, he's stated during his live performances that 007 would be the last. The DJs of Blonded also confirmed that it was done.
Lame. Tbh I think Chanel kinda ruined the singles for me, that should have been the last one put out because it was so damn good it kinda clouded the rest.

Tall4Life

For me it goes Chanel >> Lens > Biking > Provider. Not big on Provider yet, too meandering for me without any of the moments on the other three songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom