• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Ocean - Blonde |OT| These boys do cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say please, so no wonder it didn't work.

Welp.

J96LjiM.png

SamVimes

Honestly this guy is an ass. The primavera sound organizer (Gabi) is pissed because until yesterday they were 100% sure he'd come and he didn't even try to offer a replacement. I love Blonde but fuck Frank Ocean. Luckily the festival is still amazing without him.

Honestly this guy is an ass. The primavera sound organizer (Gabi) is pissed because until yesterday they were 100% sure he'd come and he didn't even try to offer a replacement. I love Blonde but fuck Frank Ocean. Luckily the festival is still amazing without him.

I'm inclined to agree.

yeah fuck him. bought tickets and a flight mainly just to see him and RTJ.

I'm flying halfway around the world to Primavera mainly to see Frank. Needless to say, I'm very cheesed off.

i feel you.

where does he post?

Don't let it ruin your festival experience, there's still a ton of great stuff to see.

sure but i'm still extremely dissapointed. i know i won't gonna miss him all that much when i'm there.

SamVimes

where does he post?

sure but i'm still extremely dissapointed. i know i won't gonna miss him all that much when i'm there.

In the Primavera sound "foros", in Spanish.

"Nosotros comunicamos lo que nos dicen que comuniquemos. Hemos intentado salvar esta actuación hasta el último momento, todo nuestro equipo lleva haciendo malabares desde hace semanas pero al final no hemos podido hacer nada por salvarlo. En cuanto ha sido evidente que no había marcha atrás hemos decidido comunicarlo. Hasta ayer yo estaba totalmente convencido de que venía a Barcelona. Hemos superado todo tipo de problemas logísticos y de producción de un show que iba cambiando día tras día, hemos dejado mucho dinero y tiempo para que esto sucediese... No ha podido ser,. Yo estoy más jodido que nadie. Ni he pensado en guardar la noticia ni en buscar ningún remplazo. Quien quiera puede devolver su entrada."

Basically the gist is what I posted.

He's doing something with Spike Jonze and Brad Pitt.
Well, definitely Spike Jonze.

Jonze organized a rooftop concert with Frank, but I don't know if things were being filmed.

I'd imagine this is all for some Blonde documentary film. There was also the interview segments that leaked earlier this year as well.

EDIT: In 6 days, it'll be one year since the stream began, so maybe Endless CDQ then?

If any of y'all are trying to grab merch at any of Frank's upcoming festival shows, I suggest you get there as early as possible. His merch was only available on the day that he performed for Lovebox and FYF so there were some pretty long wait times, especially for FYF (entered the festival when doors opened and still waited about an hour to order with a pickup time of about 2.5 hours later). In addition, changes were made between Lovebox and FYF:
  • 1 item (shirt, jacket, shorts, etc) per person
  • Design must be on the front or back of the item, not both
  • Latest you can pickup your item is 10pm
  • Credit/debit card only
The changes might be venue specific so just be prepared.

If any of y'all are trying to grab merch at any of Frank's upcoming festival shows, I suggest you get there as early as possible. His merch was only available on the day that he performed for Lovebox and FYF so there were some pretty long wait times, especially for FYF (entered the festival when doors opened and still waited about an hour to order with a pickup time of about 2.5 hours later). In addition, changes were made between Lovebox and FYF:
  • 1 item (shirt, jacket, shorts, etc) per person
  • Design must be on the front or back of the item, not both
  • Latest you can pickup your item is 10pm
  • Credit/debit card only
The changes might be venue specific so just be prepared.
Well, fuck. I was really hoping to get Frank Ocean logo on the front and his face and the festival on the back.

I hope things are better for Panorama, though I plan on getting there early to get my merch. I heard about the 500 person limit and I'm worried he'll pull the same shit here as well.

Well, fuck. I was really hoping to get Frank Ocean logo on the front and his face and the festival on the back.
That's exactly what I did at Lovebox. You should still ask if it's ok to do something like that! I know they were pretty down for whatever at the beginning of the day for Lovebox, but they quickly switched it up after they realized everyone was trying to do front and back on denim or some other custom stuff.

I hope things are better for Panorama, though I plan on getting there early to get my merch. I heard about the 500 person limit and I'm worried he'll pull the same shit here as well.
Yeah, there was a limit for Lovebox and FYF too. They stop taking orders once they hit their limit, so you're outta luck even if you bring your own shirt.

Boo I was gonna ask if someone can proxy me something but seeing how strict they are about limits I'm guessing im gonna have to tough it out on eBay sites/Grailed or hope he actually does more than festival appearances.

El Jaffe

I was the very last person they allowed into the FYF merch line, which I got to only about 20min after the festival opened. I lucked out too because I thought it was a food line. They did NOT let us do both sides, only one.

Boo I was gonna ask if someone can proxy me something but seeing how strict they are about limits I'm guessing im gonna have to tough it out on eBay sites/Grailed or hope he actually does more than festival appearances.
It's going to be impossible, because lines are unfathomably long.

I'll give you an example: I got to Panorama early so I could try and snag a Frank tee early. Literally 5 minutes after doors opened, I got in the queue and it still took me 2 and a half hours to reach the counter. There were people who had waited 4-5 hours to get their tees, and apparently the Blonded booth sold out of merch by the afternoon. They're super strict about the "one item per person" and "front or back, not both" policy too. They're okay with printing on other clothes, but it has to be 100% cotton if its a tee. Someone got the designs printed on one of the Kanye sweatshirts and it looked fire.

But, other than that, Frank puts on a hell of a show. Very likely the best show I've seen during my time in NY.

I was the very last person they allowed into the FYF merch line, which I got to only about 20min after the festival opened. I lucked out too because I thought it was a food line. They did NOT let us do both sides, only one.

It's going to be impossible, because lines are unfathomably long.

I'll give you an example: I got to Panorama early so I could try and snag a Frank tee early. Literally 5 minutes after doors opened, I got in the queue and it still took me 2 and a half hours to reach the counter. There were people who had waited 4-5 hours to get their tees, and apparently the Blonded booth sold out of merch by the afternoon. They're super strict about the "one item per person" and "front or back, not both" policy too. They're okay with printing on other clothes, but it has to be 100% cotton if its a tee. Someone got the designs printed on one of the Kanye sweatshirts and it looked fire.

But, other than that, Frank puts on a hell of a show. Very likely the best show I've seen during my time in NY.
Salty AF. Post y'alls pick ups so I can get saltier pls.

All I can hope for is he does an actual tour (unlikely) or does something again for Black Friday (maybe, but probably not).

Considering all his merch so far is "custom made" I doubt he has a stockpile just sitting around waiting to get put up on his site.

Salty AF. Post y'alls pick ups so I can get saltier pls.

All I can hope for is he does an actual tour (unlikely) or does something again for Black Friday (maybe, but probably not).

Considering all his merch so far is "custom made" I doubt he has a stockpile just sitting around waiting to get put up on his site.
I'm sure that there are very talented people online who have replicated the designs printed, so you could theoretically print them on your own shirts if you can find a site that does that.

Here's my pickup.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
fuck i should have gotten a shirt last night

show was great though, shame there was not much old stuff

glad to have him seen him twice now

He's done Pyramids before, but yeah definitely a debut for Forrest Gump

Full tour WHEN Frank?!
All signs point to a full-fledged tour in the future.

Spike Jonze has said so, and someone asked Mikey Alfred at Wayhome that same question and got the same answer.

I'd expect that this tour is a prototype, where Frank works out the kinks of his set-up.

All signs point to a full-fledged tour in the future.

Spike Jonze has said so, and someone asked Mikey Alfred at Wayhome that same question and got the same answer.

I'd expect that this tour is a prototype, where Frank works out the kinks of his set-up.
Please be true. These festival stops are great, but he needs a proper tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom