• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Ocean - Blonde |OT| These boys do cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAmused

Seigfried is genius! Is this the song Jonny Greenwood worked on? Sounds like his kinds of strings and winds arrangements.

OH FUCK THAT WHITE FERRARI LEAK WAS LEGIT?

Well, it's there at track no. 14 and it is heavenly good.

I feel lifted, in another place, another time. The album makes me peaceful, even though it is blasting from my speakers.
Good Stuff, Frank.

silentbum

Neo Member
So, two things:

1. Blond is usually used for males, Blonde is usually used for females. The album's artwork not matching up entirely with the actual typed out title could just be Frank playing on that duality in regards to his sexuality.

2. The iTunes link has a little registered trademark that says this was put out by Boys Don't Cry, so maybe BDC is a production company or something of Frank's with the 'zine and album being the first two things they made?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck this album is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Quick

Banned
Exclusive to Apple Music smh. I already knew it would be, of course. Just sucks that I can't listen to it right now.

How long is the exclusivity for? God help me if it's going to be as long as TLOP on Tidal (two months before it hit Apple Music and Spotify).

Everyone on the Boys Don't Cry watch from basically the July and August...bless you all.

LordAmused

Now on to the last track, the 9+ minutes Futura Free. What a beautiful ride it has been. An instant classic in my opinion.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So, two things:

1. Blond is usually used for males, Blonde is usually used for females. The album's artwork not matching up entirely with the actual typed out title could just be Frank playing on that duality in regards to his sexuality.

2. The iTunes link has a little registered trademark that says this was put out by Boys Don't Cry, so maybe BDC is a production company or something of Frank's with the 'zine and album being the first two things they made?

y u so artisk frnacis

YaBish

Second run through right now. Didn't really get the hidden track.

But I want this on vinyl. Frank please!

Edit: Oh shit, I'm a member now! I can't hold all these W's!!!

ZEcHbRf.png

3STACKS WENT HARD.
0aqr1W9.png

Floridian

Just finished. Siegfried, Self Control & Nights are my top three tracks. It's gonna take time to soak everything in but it was really enjoyable.

Neol

After first listen I'm diggin' White Ferrari, Nights, Pink+White and Solo.

Think I like Channel Orange better tbh. Album is a bit too chill for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom