• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Yep, A.J. Mason is OP. Not only did I fix the phone box myself, call the cops myself, but also collected all the parts for the car myself... and got away by myself... all in 5 minutes.

Metalmarc

Dammit. I'm home from work now and my girlfriend wants to go out to eat. I've been waiting for freaking years and the furthest I've gotten STILL is the damn customization screen.

To that end, I still don't see my fucking Savini Jason. What gives?

Not sure, but i think you had to pre-order from the games site, did you?

Lettuce

What the hell is going on with the facial models in this game!!?....

Aq8ruWP.jpg

he looks like one of the Aliens for the 5th Element film

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Not sure, but i think you had to pre-order from the games site, did you?

I've been preordered since it went up on backerkit. Does anyone have access to the dlc?

What the hell is going on with the facial models in this game!!?....

Aq8ruWP.jpg

he looks like one of the Aliens for the 5th Element film

I think it's nice. As an ugly man myself, I applaud Gun's commitment towards being inclusive.

Crossing my fingers for a big discount on steam summer sale. lol

Does this game pretty much require voice communication?

This game is 10x more fun with talking. I remember on the beta, without any communication, it was kinda boring. Also a lot harder.

I guess it's more 'scary' but I'd say the scare factor for this game goes away pretty quickly.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Holy shit, I just killed all the counselors my first time as Jason. What a blast.

same even killed tommy all while doing a spanish maids voice over mics asking if they needed fresh towels was really fun holy shit gotta go to bed so i can get up for work but all i want to do is keep playing :(

drotahorror

Don't buy a perk on PC, it resets your progress back to level zero. Sweet. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing. But I don't really want to play since I won't make any progress for the time being.

Can't connect again......fuuuuuuuuuuck sake.

Had 3 matches all day, first game was incredible, second and third the host quit.

Seriously. No host migration or dedicated servers?

This game won't last long.

Yeah, it's annoying me real bad. The last hour has been: wait fifteen minutes for a match, find a match, have a good time, ready up for second match, host quits, everyone gets kicked, wait fifteen minutes for a match.

Trill O'Reilly

Neo Member
Yep, A.J. Mason is OP. Not only did I fix the phone box myself, call the cops myself, but also collected all the parts for the car myself... and got away by myself... all in 5 minutes.
Yeah all the Beta streams consisted of almost everyone playing as her. I remember thinking if they don't nerf her it's going to be a lot of people just playing as her...

Bought it on PC and have to run everything on Low for locked 60fps (3770, 770 4gb). Didn't take too long to find a game.

Edit: I died and Tommy Jarvis was AFK. Guessing there'll be a lot of this.

This game is a lot harder than it was in the beta.

Trying to buy the game. PS store is saying my credit card info isn't valid but I'm using PayPal. Already disconnected and reconnected my PayPal account. Anyone else run into this before? I just bought something last night too

Edit: Fuck it, just gonna play on PC. Thinking about it now kinda glad this happened as there's no reason I shouldn't just get it on PC. Lol

groansey

Searching for sessions
Checking session for room
Searching for sessions
Searching for sessions

Searching for sessions
Searching for sessions
Searching for sessions

This soo fucking much

Does the matchmaker just constantly find full rooms over and over?

It's mind-numbing...I've had the game for 4 and a half hours and I've played 1 match

groansey

This soo fucking much

Does the matchmaker just constantly find full rooms over and over?

It's mind-numbing...I've had the game for 4 and a half hours and I've played 1 match

When it worked do you know your wait time? Like was it pretty soon after selecting Quick Play?

Stiler

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong when playing as Jason with tihe controls?

Sometimes I grab someone and they almost immediately get out of the grab and daze me, no time at all to do environmental kills because of this.

Yet when I am playing as counselor I tap the E key like I'm back playing the NES olympics game and hardly ever get free.

Also when you have multiple executions how do you pick which one to do? I always keep doing the same one over and over because no other button seems to do anything...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong when playing as Jason with tihe controls?

Sometimes I grab someone and they almost immediately get out of the grab and daze me, no time at all to do environmental kills because of this.

Yet when I am playing as counselor I tap the E key like I'm back playing the NES olympics game and hardly ever get free.

Also when you have multiple executions how do you pick which one to do? I always keep doing the same one over and over because no other button seems to do anything...
They might have a pocket knife or high composure/low fear. Attack them first, or mess with them until they're scared and start stumbling.

They have a pocket knife equipped, it's a free get out of jail free card when it comes to grabs.

You need a pocket knife equipped to get out of grabs instantly.

RT = weapon kill
A = non-weapon kill

CREMSteve

Just got my weekly PlayStation update in my email and they don't even mention this game in the new releases. Disappointing!

jtrov

Anyone having voice chat issues in-game? Mic doesn't seem to be working like it did prior to the update. Not a single mic going off from anyone else either...

Anyone having voice chat issues in-game? Mic doesn't seem to be working like it did prior to the update. Not a single mic going off from anyone else either...

Yeah looks like the "update" screwed up the chat.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

No party chat, no lobby chat and no in-game chat.....

groansey

Yeah voice chat isn't working and playing a game now as a counselor, the game doesn't give you much guidance on what to do - other than run around searching for the escape items. Which just seems a bit silly.

Needs a lot more polish.

When spectating and you switch cameras the string sound effect is annoying as hell, and this is after one game. Character collision with the environment is terrible.

There's potential but my initial impression is the fundamental game mechanics are kinda poor. Edit: was a bit harsh. I'm still playing it so it must be doing something right.

HiiiLife

Yeah voice chat isn't working and playing a game now as a counselor, the game doesn't give you much guidance on what to do - other than run around searching for the escape items. Which just seems a bit silly.

Needs a lot more polish.

When spectating and you switch cameras the string sound effect is annoying as hell, and this is after one game. Character collision with the environment is terrible.

There's potential but my initial impression is the fundamental game mechanics are poor.

It's cool but not worth 40 dollars imo. I'm sure I'll get a couple good laughs with a party tho.

Majora

Ok the patch notes for 1.02 on PS4 says it fixed the voice chat issue.

Now to search for a game for the next ten minutes....

It's nice it's been so popular for them but this is a game that is realistically going to have a period of 2-3 weeks where it's Twitch's darling before the novelty wears off and everyone abandons it. They need to try and fix this shit soon while it's still the hot new thing.

Top Bottom