• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Hari Seldon

Streamers and that fantastic beta where they gave backers like 5 keys to giveaway must have done wonders for day 1 sales lol.

SpaceHorror

Jason is the best part. Gotta use your skills wisely or you'll get ran around. Give em time folks

Yeah, I've only played one match against similarly inexperienced counselors as Jason but it's fun when using the powers correctly. Shifting is really important, especially when they have guns or flares. Watching so many streams of the game helped me a bit I think.

In the second match our Jason was pretty bad, but from what I've seen he will be as OP as he should be when people get the hang of him. Should rachet up the tension as players get better.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Zoanoid33

Crap, just played 2 matches and quit out because no one was on a mic and now I can't log back in the servers. Kinda pointless to play this game without a mic tho, its not as fun if people aren't communicating.

Impressions after an hour and half of gameplay.

+ Definitley enough jump scares and tense moments to make this a horror game.
+ Nails the source material, so much fan service.
+ Probably the best asymmetrical Multiplayer game to date. I've played my fair share of Dead by Daylight, Evolve and even classics like Alien vs. Predator and this blows them all out of the water.
+ Playing with microphones and working together to escape is one of the most fun cooperative experiences I have had in years. The strategies you can employ (including sacrificing people to further your own escape) are crazy and fun.

- Needs a brightness slider badly. Yes, there is a flashlight but fuck, it's pitch black!
- Bugs galore. Clipping, wonky animations, it's all here and it takes you out of the experience. Unfortunately, since Gun is such a small team, some of these bugs may never be addressed. Nothing I encountered is game breaking, just annoying.
- PS4 version looks sub-1080p. Terrible aliasing, low quality textures and some LOD issues are really obvious.
- 30 FPS feels sluggish and contributes to the "janky" feel of the game.
- Servers. Of course this is being ironed out as we speak but despite being able to play, something most people haven't even managed to do yet, when I am in a game, everyone's ping hovers around 80-100 at all times. For an online only game, this is pretty egregious.

Basically, I love what's here, even if it needs some serious polish and optimization. It's the Friday The 13th game I always wanted and one of the best asymmetrical games I've played, it just needs some serious clean up to fix it's technical issues. Thankfully, technical problems never stopped independent Multiplayer games like Battlegrounds, Day Z and H1Z1 from taking off so hopefully people stick with this because as a massive franchise and horror game fan, this game hits all the right notes.
are you a twitch streamer or youtuber?
Surprisingly no. Although, my experience before this had been miserable.
JigglesBunny said:
I stayed up until 3 a.m. last night waiting for the Xbox Store to update (which it didn't until hours later), spent an extra $40 for an Xbox copy so that I wouldn't have to wait until the morning to play on PS4 (which wound up meaning nothing regardless since the Xbox didn't properly launch until the same time the PS4 did) and I spent an hour trying to get into matches and never got to play a single one.

But hey, at least I managed to get some Anniversary loot boxes in Overwatch in the meantime!

Yeah just quickly skimmed through the thread. Pretty ridiculous that it's day one and the servers are down.

Games with big publishers like Sony and 2K had servers that weren't working properly for months. This is pretty common nowadays with online games.

I'll wait for an offline mode with bots to get put in. I also hope the come on their promise for singleplayer in the future. I knew and willing to back a game that I know will get better over time.

Scotia

Banned
Holy shit I'm in!

EDIT: And I'm out.

At least I got to see the different counsellors and Jasons.

EDIT 2: And I'm back in. Struggling to find a match though.

Those kind of glitches are the best.

Hahaha, I know I was dying laughing. Not taking anything away from the people that will like this game. I've been watching streams all day and the $40 meme is real. I just had to make a quick and dirty something to commemorate this moment.

I've been trying to play this all day and the game just won't load. The anti-cheating software crashes and when I check the game files it can't validate or download a file it needs.

They're hilarious. I know they turn a lot of people off but bugs like these actually give me more enjoyment in a lot of games, especially if the tone of the game is supposed to be super serious.

Oh yes. Like the glitches in Red Dead Redemption were hilarious. As long as they dont break the game, I dont mind.

Scotia

Banned
This game is great. Currently hiding in a bathroom hearing other players get killed. It's actually pretty scary at times.

Top Bottom