• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

tumblr_m1hgyi2UG21rn8r72o1_500.gif

Nice.

Didn't get a chance to play the beta but fucking loved Evolve. Does the game seem balanced? Are you as reliant on your teammates here as you are in Evolve? Basically if you're going up against a remotely decent monster you need every teammate to be on point and playing well. Is this the case here?

Seems like there are a lot of server issues. Wonder if I'd be better off waiting for a more stable version.

HiiiLife

Couldn't help but predict they would say the servers would crash for some soon as they said it's live.

They actually said it lol.

I'll try again in a couple hours.

HiiiLife

Is there no way for developers to over compensate to make sure these issues don't occur at this frequency?

I can't be too annoyed with them. I mean they are a little group of developers. It just sucks when they say it'll be ready 12 hours ago and never was available, thanks to micro. Shelled out 40 and still waiting to play. Lol. Everyone else log off. I wanna do a match already.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well I'm off to work, hopefully everything is sorted out by the time I get home. Hope everyone enjoys the game as much as I have so far.

HiiiLife

They probably should have had a beta on the PS4 and XB1 as well then

Idk the process of video game development but everybody nowadays seem surprised when they have an influx of players logging in to try their game, and aren't ready for a server crash.

Not giving backers early access was bad already, but now that they can't even play the game on day one makes it even worse. Really fucked up the release on this one; sour reactions all around.

HiiiLife

Not giving backers early access was bad already, but now that they can't even play the game on day one makes it even worse. Really fucked up the release on this one; sour reactions all around.

This would probably be the worst offense if I was in that group. I heard streamers got it first?

Scotia

Banned
So I did some jobs today that got me enough money to look past this being £31. Now I load up the game and it won't let me pass the opening screen -_-

Mengetsu

It's only going to get worse in a few hours when everyone gets out of work/school. Not to mention its a holiday weekend in the US
Yup. I forgive them cause they're a small team but, this is a big franchise they got. Millions of people know it and love it.

Kickstarter won't compare to people logging on to the PS4 or Xbox store and seeing it not knowing it's out. They're gonna see quite bit of sales from this.

Sephzilla

I'm not upset, I just think its a little funny how developers both big and small constantly never anticipate huge day one server hits.

Scotia

Banned
While I'm sitting here staring at the title screen, I must say it's a nice title screen.

kick in the nuts, ain't it? :D

what kind of jobs?

Menial jobs for friends and family. Painted a few fences, did some gardening. £20 in my pocket and decided to buy the game. Kinda regretting it now.

This why I hate bein hype for an online only game, especially a small ass team like this.

I jus wish there was a tutorial I could dick around with while waiting for them to smooth things out.

I'ma keep spammin X and try to get in tho lulz.

Top Bottom