• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

xviper

how is the game ?? i'm looking for something new, i'm tired of the shooter\open world games in this generation

i'd like a hide and seek game but i heard Friday the 13th is bad, and there are connection problems on ps4, is that true ?

spannicus

how is the game ?? i'm looking for something new, i'm tired of the shooteropen world games in this generation

i'd like a hide and seek game but i heard Friday the 13th is bad, and there are connection problems on ps4, is that true ?
Game is alot of fun. Very tense as you try to catch the counselors or try to escape jason. Great if you work as a team and challenging as Jason. Randoms i played with were pretty cool and communicated.
Game is far from bad. Check out streams then make your call.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is this game really good? Because it looks really good.
It's janky, it's got some bugs, but I absolutely love the core gameplay despite those issues. Playing as Jason feels as visceral as you'd expect, and escaping as a counselor is incredibly tense and satisfying.

Pilgrimzero

It's janky, it's got some bugs, but I absolutely love the core gameplay despite those issues. Playing as Jason feels as visceral as you'd expect, and escaping as a counselor is incredibly tense and satisfying.

Nothing like running for the cops, your stamina meter is gone and Jason is behind you quickly catching up.

SpaceHorror

Can Jason violently burst through doors?

200w.gif

creatchee

Day 1, Hour 1 Kickstarter backer here and I still haven't received my Xbox key :( I mean, I know it's launch and all, but I'm still a little disappointed in the lack of smoothness of delivery and distribution. Hopefully I get squared away before I'm done at work because I've been dying to play again ever since the beta.

jond76

Banned
Day 1, Hour 1 Kickstarter backer here and I still haven't received my Xbox key :( I mean, I know it's launch and all, but I'm still a little disappointed in the lack of smoothness of delivery and distribution. Hopefully I get squared away before I'm done at work because I've been dying to play again ever since the beta.

I got my email over night, but it was in my backerkit profile around 11pm. Check there if you haven't.

Not that it matters, I'm on minute 7 waiting for a match.

Majora

Everyone has terrible ping numbers on this for some reason, including me.

Is there a good guide to what everything does in this? The game explains literally nothing. I couldn't figure out what half of Jason's powers were meant to do.

From what I've played it's kind of fun but seems like it would have little longevity. For 30 quid I'm really not convinced.

creatchee

I got my email over night, but it was in my backerkit profile around 11pm. Check there if you haven't.

Not that it matters, I'm on minute 7 waiting for a match.

Checked and didn't see. Might have something to do with me ordering signed physical edition. But they did say they'd be sending us keys because of the delay.

Snaku

Banned
Bought the launch bundle (US, PS4), downloading now. Tried to redeem my Savini Jason and Counselor skins, but it's saying the codes are inactive. :/

Matchmaking is pretty bad on Xbox. I waited three minutes for a match only to be dropped immediately when joining.

Everything surrounding the Xbox versions launch has been disastrous.

Jmille99

Cant wait to try this tonight. Question though:

If the counselors are split up, are some of them able to escape without the others? Or is it reliant on everyone escaping together?

And if it allows it, does the match end or are the ones remaining still fighting to survive?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

If the counselors are split up, are some of them able to escape without the others? Or is it reliant on everyone escaping together?

And if it allows it, does the match end or are the ones remaining still fighting to survive?
You can escape by yourself, even in the car, and then everyone else has to either find another method of escape, or hold out until the end of the match.

Think of the game as 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1, with the option to team up against Jason.

Can anyone on PS4 confirm/deny if they're having the same issues?
Matchmaking was fine last night on PS4, then very slow this morning, and now it seems back to normal.

Last night I was playing as Jason and tracked down 5 of the campers while 1 escaped in the car and the other tried to hide until the end of the match. It's really fun to have multiple groups of campers, or go off on your own, all completing different objectives trying to leave simultaneously in different ways, and makes being Jason exciting.

Chucker

Matchmaking is pretty bad on Xbox. I waited three minutes for a match only to be dropped immediately when joining.

Everything surrounding the Xbox versions launch has been disastrous.
I think this has to do with the fact that like 8 people have it on XBO. It still doesn't show up on my store.

jond76

Banned
For those on Xbox waiting for a match, I had good results with Looking for Group on the games hub. A lot of people have the game, but matchmaking is bonkers right now. Joined a group and jumped right in.

Top Bottom