• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frog Factions 2 ARG - Hop on in, the water's murky

sonto340

zeopower6

Is he appearing somewhere else?

Hmm, if he is, he'd probably try to hide it in another Train Hot Dog. Or maybe if the other Mario wasn't claimed, he'll just put the information up on one of his sites? (but hidden away of course)

At this point, it's becoming a little TOO scavenger hunt-y but I guess it's because no one's found the game yet.

Zubz

Banned
What if Frog Fractions 2 was released before the Kickstarter, and we just funded the ARG to help us find it?

zeopower6

What if Frog Fractions 2 was released before the Kickstarter, and we just funded the ARG to help us find it?

A Q&A answer back in April of 2014 before the end of the campaign:
As of this writing, no games are Frog Fractions 2 yet. Your sense of wonder gets to kick in exactly when the project is funded, and no earlier.

Though there is the (very small) possibility that as soon as the campaign closed, something was uploaded somewhere. Also I don't know if that'd be okay for him to do since he'd promised to make the game with the KS funds.

Hopefully we get a few steps closer to FF2~

My guess is that it is currently out there and he's trying to lead us on the right path. He started this whole ARG thing around the estimated time of development finishing up, so why couldn't it be online somewhere?

zeopower6

This ARG has been going on since the day the Kickstarter campaign launched. It's been a very slow burn.

I thought the more mysterious elements started up around 2 months ago with the cryptic websites and podcasts with information of his whereabouts in braille. x_x Was there a pause in clues?

Zubz

Banned
Nope. The ARG has been at a big of a standstill ever since Indiecade.

Jim Crawford will be appearing on the Beat The Dev charity livestream tomorrow speedrunning Frog Fractions 1 though. 1PM PST/4PM EST.

Even if it doesn't do anything for the ARG, I'm sure that'll be hilarious. But it's Frog Fractions. My guess is that the game starts to go off the rails during the speedrun and at some point the part about the history of boxing's just going to devolve into some sort of URL that nudges the ARG along.

Even if it doesn't do anything for the ARG, I'm sure that'll be hilarious. But it's Frog Fractions. My guess is that the game starts to go off the rails during the speedrun and at some point the part about the history of boxing's just going to devolve into some sort of URL that nudges the ARG along.

Haha, yeah I could totally see that happening. The speedrun race should be interesting though, especially since he's released the full code of the game to FF2 backers of a high enough tier.

Zubz

Banned
Haha, yeah I could totally see that happening. The speedrun race should be interesting though, especially since he's released the full code of the game to FF2 backers of a high enough tier.

Wait, really? I wonder if they're the keys to cracking this mystery open... Or if they've even done anything with it.

Drencrom

This ARG is so convoluted and dragged out people have seemingly given up on finding out what the game is at this point

GG Twinbeard

butalala

The Kickstarter level that I paid in at ($15) says that I'll get a copy of the game when "the jig is up." So, if Twinbeard is honest, FF2 can't be an ARG, right?

Zomba13

Started thinking about this again today. I take it nothing has happened since the Amiibo? I guess the person who got it didn't do anything with it, didn't use it in a Wii U/3DS game like Smash, didn't try and check the NFC stuff with something? So everything has just stopped?

I thought once it reached a certain point without being discovered it was supposed to be revealed automatically. I'd lean towards FF2 being an actual scam at this point.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Started thinking about this again today. I take it nothing has happened since the Amiibo? I guess the person who got it didn't do anything with it, didn't use it in a Wii U/3DS game like Smash, didn't try and check the NFC stuff with something? So everything has just stopped?
She got the Amiibo over two months ago and still hasn't checked it out

Zubz

Banned
She got the Amiibo over two months ago and still hasn't checked it out

This is why an ARG should never rest on one person's shoulders. They should at least send a second one out if the ARG hinged upon this person examining the Amiibo, yet hasn't touched it for months.

Zubz

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/354400/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3

Frog Fractions = Tadpole Treble? Maybe?

I mean probably not from looking into the game, just thought it was a weird coincidence.

It's definitely not FF2. Tadpole Treble's been in the works for long awhile now, it's creator is somebody already known to the public (The guy behind Brawl in the Family) so the developer's almost-certainly not a front for TwinBeard, and it had a Kickstarter of its own to get funded. KS doesn't let anyone do a second campaign for a funded project.

The game still looks good, though! I'm hoping to pick up the Wii U version coming up here. But despite being amphibian-themed and Indie (Which definitely makes it suspicious!), it's one of the few Indie games on the market where I can confidently say that it isn't FF2.

Persona7

Banned
I started looking up more domains hosted on the same IP address as the other sites and found something strange but it seems to be a work in progress... I will bookmark it for now but it is probably not related.

It's definitely not FF2. Tadpole Treble's been in the works for long awhile now, it's creator is somebody already known to the public (The guy behind Brawl in the Family) so the developer's almost-certainly not a front for TwinBeard, and it had a Kickstarter of its own to get funded. KS doesn't let anyone do a second campaign for a funded project.

The game still looks good, though! I'm hoping to pick up the Wii U version coming up here. But despite being amphibian-themed and Indie (Which definitely makes it suspicious!), it's one of the few Indie games on the market where I can confidently say that it isn't FF2.
They don't block people form doing a second campaign. At least, not in practice, it might be in the terms of use though.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blinkworks/indie-game-the-movie
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blinkworks/indie-game-the-movie-the-final-push?ref=users

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ake-on-the-old-school-adventur?ref=nav_search
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy?ref=nav_search

And there's probably more, but those are the two that come to mind. Though Tadpole Treble probably isn't FF2

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So they gave up on that Amiibo ever getting scanned and now LordHuffnPuff is giving away the other one (Mario) on Twitter. Must be picked up by hand in San Francisco area. Who is up for it?

Blizzard

Banned
So they gave up on that Amiibo ever getting scanned and now LordHuffnPuff is giving away the other one (Mario) on Twitter. Must be picked up by hand in San Francisco area. Who is up for it?
Is there any use for it? If the ARG were still real, hopefully the authors would have dropped hints to work around the other Amiibo already. And I would think that Amiibo is useless without the other one.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is there any use for it? If the ARG were still real, hopefully the authors would have dropped hints to work around the other Amiibo already. And I would think that Amiibo is useless without the other one.
It most certainly has some clue hidden in the information on it. This ARG has been going on for over a year, they're not in a hurry. They also just added a new experiment "Experiment 035 - NFC Communication Reverse-Engineering & Replication" to the timetravelclub page.

It most certainly has some clue hidden in the information on it. This ARG has been going on for over a year, they're not in a hurry. They also just added a new experiment "Experiment 035 - NFC Communication Reverse-Engineering & Replication" to the timetravelclub page.

hehe how clever, so quirky

would be charging back right about now

Top Bottom